1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will Jimmy Buckets Sign Today?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by theimpossibles1, Aug 13, 2018.

?

Will Jimmifer Buckets Sign Today?

1. Yes, today!

21 vote(s)
    32.3%
  2. No, he will sign at a later date.

44 vote(s)
    67.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lakersuck2

lakersuck2 Member

You don't exactly need a blockbuster to beat what we can offer. Even just Kuzma or a lottery pick would blow us out of the water. I get that his value would be reduced by his status but among potential bidders we have the least to offer. Just keeping things within the realm of reality bro.

coachbadlee and saleem like this.
  2. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

Jimmy Buckets name coming up, if you forget cyberx, only exists in our sphere because he is the perfect star player available for our lineup just like NBA2K. After that for obvious reasons you hear Otto Porter. That's no different that making imaginary trades where Anthony Davis is our target. There is no way in hell we are getting him. We don't have the assets and for every deal we do moving forward that actually carries weight now.

I was willing to listen on Melo because he had a no trade clause, demanded to be traded to us, had a deal done, and is actually on our team now. I was willing to entertain LBJ because there had been plotting and actual talk amongst players of how he would play with the Rockets and his friends but I always knew for years his primary destination was LA. Like Melo, the only other person in the NBA with 100% control of where they went with a NTC, it made sense that if his goal was to win he could come here.

There is no logic to follow where JB is coming here. Sure he loves Houston, likes our players, hates his team, and wants to be traded. I fully believe he would be happy coming here. IT DOESN'T MATTER. We cannot compete with any team that might get his services and that is all that the Wolves will care about. They know how much we would value him and we don't measure up. Any package would have to include EGo and not Ryno so it is a sideways move at best. Let's say someone lets us do a side deal for expirings to trade later at the deadline without giving up our 1sts in a Ryno conversion. Then we have multiple expirings and two 1sts for JB and no real asset. Any other team trumps that with a young player and better picks. Also the market for him will be HUGE. The Wolves will likely be looking at lower tier teams that actually have young players and good assets. Those rebuilding teams have prime assets now with cap space and just like that would be players in summer 2019 as well as the draft. That's exactly how Minnesota blew up so quickly so it is highly likely that model resonates with them in a partner instead of a playoff team with an old roster and bad/negative assets.

We need to trade Ryno for any positive assets we can now and then let the dust settle. The potential Miami trade sounds best if real. That will make everyone feel better about the team.

3. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

Thank you. Can a player get MIP 2 years or is it a one time deal? I think the resurgence of ryno is about to happen.

4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Signs another minimum. :D:eek: One should not but it's gud to get greedy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.