1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will DMo replace Jones in starting lineup?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsJumer, Feb 23, 2014.

1. THE DR34M

THE DR34M Rookie

Will knee-jerking stop on clutchfans?

Therein lies your answer.

2. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Starting, I want TJ. TJ always get his first points in the start to get us going.

DMO to finish, we need his 3 ball and hustle on the boards.

3. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

Which is what I've been saying for awhile. If it were me, I would play Jones/Dmo 32 minutes and howard 35mins. That's a 3man rotation. I would play asik against certain teams,but not often. Jones howard starts. Dmo comes in for jones,then jones comes in for howard,then howard comes in for dmo. Late in games, see who is playing the best of dmo and jones.

4. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

He's making a great case. Starters seems to be playing better with dmo overall.

5. Old Man Rock

Old Man Rock Contributing Member

Nah, Asik is the best backup center. He gets all the backup minutes. I even like the twin towers like we did tonight. Use it in spurts and it works.

As for Dmo and TJones no need to rock the boat. But DMo needs at least half the minutes on most nights. And when hte PF is a tougher guard then more.

6. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Like so freaking bad out there. Had cost us 8 points in the 3rd quarter alone.

7. Swishh

Swishh Member

Should've traded Jones while his trade value was high...

8. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

Jones just hitting a wall right now since he didn't play much last year. He'll be more consistent next year.

9. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Jones' D is awful.

10. Amir's Johnson

He needs to go back to the D-league ASAP.

11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

12. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

I'm really happy DMo is seizing his chance but Jones' performance as of late has been very worrisome. It one thing for him not to score as much but he really hasn't been rebounding or blocking shots as well as he was. He just looks slow and lost. We are going to need him and all the rest of our big men playing well in these next weeks and into the playoffs.

13. Juxtaposed Jolt

What happened to Jones? A month ago, Jones was the perfect fit next to Dwight. Now, he just look terrible.

14. basketballholic

Nothing happened to Jones. We are now going down the stretch and playing games against quality opponents that mean something. Jones is the same player now he was then. He'll probably throw up an 18/12 game against either Detroit or Orlando in the next week. And the same posters will be touting how he has went through the rookie wall and now he's gonna be just fine, blah blah blah.

And then he's gonna suck hind titty against Miami and Indiana and Portland and OKC and Chicago. Just like he's been doing all season.

15. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

We have a big hole at the 4,Jones sucks and I can't trust DMo either,too bad we could not trade either of them for Patterson.

16. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Chuck Hayes can hold Blake Griffin would be good if we had him now.

17. Panda23

Panda23 Member

at the start of the season if you said Dmo would surpass Tjones defensively... LOL.

18. omgTHEpotential

DMo is getting there... He's upped both his 3PT% and FT% to respectable levels. If you ask me, the whole 'TJ needs to start because he can score right away' thing is nonsense. DMo is an even better scorer, who actually improves our teamplay both offensively and defensively. At this moment, DMo should start AND finish games. TJ needs to have his minutes reduced.

19. basketballholic

DMo does make our offense better than TJ and his defense is improving. But he is still woefully lacking defensively.

As for TJ, the truth of the matter is he should not be in the game or the rotation. He should be on the bench. He is not adding anything and is only taking away from us. But now we're at a place where if we bench him we lose the trade value we've built up with him with all these meaningless numbers he's thrown up by collecting junk baskets and rebounds off the overplay of Howard/Harden.

20. basketballholic

If we could just stuff that Hayes defense into DMo's basketball DNA we'd really have something.