1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Will DMo replace Jones in starting lineup?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RocketsJumer, Feb 23, 2014.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I am glad Jones is playing well again, kinda surprised D-Mo had a very bad game against the Heat. I hope our two PF's will start putting things together, with more hard work and experience.

2. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

Asik's conditioning prevents him from going for the slam at every opportunity but DMO has no excuses. He's probably hundreds of points behind in contribution this season alone due to the fact that he lays it up soft rather than dunk it.

3. Raynesis

Raynesis Member

I have actually not seen DMO dunk standing still... can he?

4. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

If Goran keeps on playing like this, he will opt out for a 8 figure contract.

5. basketballholic

That's exactly right. The only benefit we would have received from Goran is better play than what Lin has given us. However, the same problem we are having with Lin (co-existing with Harden) would be the same problem we would have with Goran. Goran is another guy that has to have the ball in his hand for maximum effectiveness. I don't see that it would have worked any better with him over Lin.

6. vator

vator Contributing Member

D. Mo had ONE game with 3 assists during that stretch of games and averaged less than 1 assist per game. Nothing really worth mentioning.

7. vator

vator Contributing Member

In his defense though, he played great when Eric Bledsoe was in the starting lineup and played off the ball quite a bit. I watched several Suns game only to focus on that dynamic and he still put up a bunch of points. I think his assists dipped a little bit, but the scoring remained strong.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

To that I'd say

Alright, Alright, Alright

9. basketballholic

Yes, him and Bledsoe did co-exist quite well. They shared. I don't see that in Harden. Harden really doesn't want to share ball control when he's in the game. He wants to run it from the top and only gives up initiation when there have been several quick possessions and he needs a blow. That's the only time he gives up control of the offense.

However, perhaps that is due to the fact that he doesn't have a back court running mate that he respects enough to share possessions with when he is in the game. If that is true I still have a difficult time seeing him respecting Goran's game enough to play off the ball. Really I think the only players in this league that Harden would move off the ball and share possessions with are....Lebron, KD, and CP3. And PERHAPS...that is justified. Perhaps.

Regardless, there needs to be a solution for our turnovers. We have too many....period. And Harden is leading the way there.

10. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

That is a questionable position. We have not seen Harden play with any point guards who are even average at running an offense since he has been in Houston.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

How did this thread turn into a Gogi Dragic thread?

12. BackNthDay

BackNthDay Member

Pat Beverly had a hell of a game playing with non ball sharing Harden. I'm just saying.

13. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Now it's about Beverley too?

[​IMG]

14. Pull_Up_3

Pull_Up_3 Member

Man Dmo plays way too soft

whats his vertical? 2 inches?

15. basketballholic

I'm sorry but Lin runs the offense just like Harden does.