1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Wii or PS3?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Little O, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Little O

Little O Contributing Member

I heard about the GameCrazy deal from this forum and I plan to trade away my PS2 and Cube today along with the huge library of 70+ games that I have. Probably could do better on ebay but I don't want to bother with it.

But I was wondering if the PS3 would be really worth it? I have a 360 right now and I am enjoying it immensely.

But would there be enough crossover with the games on the 360 that it would make better sense to get the wii. I know I would lose the 50 dollars that i would get for the PS2 but i don't want to base this solely on the 50. I want a system that I will really play. is there enough ps3 exclusives that I would want it. Obviously Nintendo will have enough exclusives of its own that won't cross over to the 360.

So if you were in my situation already with a 360, would you get a wii or the ps3? I guess i would get more games with the the wii too as my credit wouldn't mostly go the purchase of the ps3.

Thanks for your comments.

2. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i played the wii, its pretty fun. i saw some at target. its more of party system, when u have people over and u want to play some simple games. the wii sports stuff is good.

3. Miguel

Miguel Contributing Member

Here's my opinion...

I originally never planned on getting a Revolution/Wii.

About 2-3 months before release, Amazon had a preorder for like 45 minutes, and I decided to get a Wii, cause I had the money at the time. I was thinking when I got it I still wouldn't want it, and I'd just flip it on ebay.
    So, day comes, it arrives, I decide to open it. It's fun. It's damn fun.
    Tennis, Baseball, Bowling. Zelda, Trauma Center, Super Paper Mario, all the Virtual Console games.

...but when it comes down to it, I need my standard sports/racing/shooting/fighting games with a standard controller, online.

So, now that I've got my PS3, I'll still play my Wii a ton, but if I had to choose one or the other, until next gen, I'd likely stick with the PS3

4. Jodegam

Jodegam Member

If you like sports/action games just stick with your 360.

If you ever want to play any decent role playing games, you're gonna have to go with the PS3.

5. Little O

Little O Contributing Member

In case this was lost in the translation, I am keeping the 360. I want to know if I should add a Wii to it or a PS3.

Thanks for the comments. Please keep them coming. I am looking at whatever exclusives each has, more towards the PS3, as I know kinda already what the Wii will offer since it will bring the whole Nintendo universe of characters.

6. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

but its a different experience with the Wii.
    If you really like the PS exclusives and you want a blu-ray player get the PS3.
    If you want something different that u can get non-gamers to play when they are at your place get the Wii.

7. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

I've been in the same predicament. I'm not sure if I want to get a PS3 or a Wii. PS3 would be awesome for the more traditional gameplay I'm used to: like Madden or NBA Live etc etc. And also the fact it has a built-in DVD and Blu-Ray player (I do not have a separate DVD player). Also I have a sweet 1080p Sony LCD that would real nice on Blu-Ray with a Sony PS3.

I also would like a Wii because I've heard only good things about it. The price tag is more affordable, and I heard girls like it ALOT. I heard its a great party toy. That would be ideal for me. On a weekend night, when I have some people over before we go to the club or bar, having a few drinks and playing some interactive game such as the Wii. Its like Dave and Busters IN YOUR HOUSE. "If you can't get laid with a Wii, You can't get laid at all ;) :D ". Anyway, basically it'll be something fun to do when you have a chick over.

So it comes down to this. Wii would be awesome when you have people over, but horrible when you're just bored by yourself. On the other hand, with a PS3 would be real nice to kick back and play some games when I'm bored. It is also much easier to get addicted to, and that is not good considering I have to do some serious studying this semester. Any thoughts?

8. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

PS3 no question... unless you are 12 years old, then go with the Wii.

9. Mr Boo

Mr Boo Contributing Member

10. weslinder

weslinder Contributing Member

Buy a Wii and Tiger Woods 2007. That is, unless you want to do other things. It does tend to take over your life.

11. Storm Surge

Storm Surge Rookie

Wii if you are going to invite lots of people over, that's something to do

PS3 if you are more traditional and play by yourself mostly.

but if you got a 1080P Sony Bravia no doubt the PS3 is for you, if you haven't started watching blu-ray movies once you try it you'll definitely be watching more.

12. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i'd say get the wii. You already have a high end console thats graphix intense and great internet play. Why get the same thing again a PS3 (with not near as good online play)? It just seems redundant. Plus, the PS3 library still isnt that great.

with the wii you get something completely new and very different. Plus, you save money and if you dont like it, its much easier to resale and still recoup most of its cost.

13. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

gaystation 3 sux lol roflz0r

14. Sextuple Double

3 words:

Smash Bros Brawl

15. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

I dont see the point of having a 360 and a PS3...go with a wii.

16. shawn786

shawn786 Member

Im a veryyyyy seldem gamer so i got the Wii & I love it.

Dependes on how much your gona play I suppose.

17. AGBee

AGBee Member

Bought a Wii when it came out...haven't really played it since beating Zelda. Resident Evil 4 is neat with the new controls, but it's the same old game still.

I'll be checking Smash Bros out, although I never thought the N64 and GC versions were that great.

Metroid Prime 3 comes out this month. I liked the first one, part 2 was too tedious. The Wii controls should make it more interesting.

I'm hoping Super Mario Galaxy is good after the disappointment that Sunshine was.

18. DonkeyMagic

DonkeyMagic Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

i actually liked sunshine.

RE4 was very cool for me b/c i never played the older version. I actually need to still beat it, i havent played any games for over a month.

Metroid should be cool and im looking forward to getting madden.

If you havent played godfather, try that if you like sandbox style games. Some great use of the controls in that game

19. thelasik

thelasik Contributing Member

Get a Wii.

20. AXG

AXG Member

I would get the Wii. It provides a change of pace from the 360 and has a decent library of games.