1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Are the Pelicans toast? We're watching Thunder at Pelicans -- Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

Why won't Trump lash out at Putin?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Jul 16, 2018.

?

Would Trump lashing out at Putin have helped solve our problems with Russia, or would it have made t

1. It would have helped resolve them

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. It would have made them worse

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Russia interfered and will continue to do so now. The US intelligence community concurs. Fake Russian social media campaigns were and still are a thing.

Russian operatives have been charged and more continue to operate. More will be indicted.

Russian bots are a thing. They pretend to be left right or center with the intent of dividing Americans.

None of what I said above can be refuted, and none of it may have had any influence on anyone’s vote. But it is fact. Russia ran interference and some just don’t care ‍♂️

Nook likes this.
  2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

So the intelligence agencies have never talked about Hilary's DNC emails in regards to meddling?

3. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I don't care about Russian sanctions. Its an overplayed story is the point

4. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Again, do you have a reading comprehension problem? In response to your comment, while I have never voted for a Republican running for President, the Senate, or the House, I have voted for Republicans before in local elections. Sorry to disappoint you.

5. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Not in regards to changing people's vote which is what you keep harping on. But yes since they were some of the targets of espionage attack.

Now while you are busy dismissing third party voters or the idea that it wouldn't have changed anything. If those who voted for Stein voted for Hillary She would have won Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, and Michigan.

Also for the record people don't vote the same every election. Sometimes people vote sometimes they don't. That makes a difference. I have voted for write-in candidates, Democratic Candidates, and third-party candidates. In local elections, I've voted for all of the above including Republicans.

All of that is another topic. I hope now that I've addressed it we can move on to the actual issue which is the attack on our democracy.

6. fiersdownbelow

7. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Russia cares.

8. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I keep Russian Legend off of ignore because it's fun to use websites that track Russian troll and fake accounts and watch how his posts and information mirror those. I don't have time to track your crap also. Most of the stuff you post has already been debunked and shown to be false.

Deckard likes this.
  9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Democrats are gonna lose again if they don't address the up for grabs votes. Mainly Reagan Democrats whom Bill Clinton, Obama, and Trump won.

They need to get past this and talk about issues these people care about. Th 2020 election is looking to revolve around tbe same issues

10. adoo

adoo Member

Translation:

Even PGab can’t rationalize team Trumps’ effort to lift Russian sanctions !​

#170 adoo, Jul 17, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
  11. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

To give this proper context... From Wikipedia.

Sounds to me like he trusted his colleagues whom were the subject matter experts.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

So you continue to ignore the assault by Russia and Vladimir Putin on the bedrock of our political system, the bedrock of our democracy, the bedrock of the Republic - our elections. You seem intent on making my ignore list. If you continue to ignore the real issues being discussed here - why doesn't trump respond to the Russian assault on our democracy? Why does he keep acting like he's guilty of collusion if he is not? Why does he continue to praise the man behind this assault on our democracy, while attacking our closest friends and allies?

With all due respect, if you can't respond in the most basic decipherable way to these questions, and many other questions related to them, why should we pay any attention to you? If you can only babble the inane crap you are babbling now, why on earth should anyone engage you? What is the point? Why are you even in this thread? Just to waste our time and energy? It's like you are so drunk or stoned that reality, for you, has no meaning. With all the respect you are due.

Rocket River likes this.
  13. fiersdownbelow

How dare Trump besmirch the good name of the intelligence community which has been in open warfare with him since before his election!

Liberal Journalist Glenn Greenwald states the obvious to BBC Reporter "The CIA backed Hilary Clinton and has been in open warfare with the new president."

[​IMG]

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The intellegence community is compromised of thousands of individuals from multiple branches including the investigative branch(FBI).

An actual true fabrication of intellegence happened before. It occurred during the lead up to the Iraq War. Guess what happens when there are thousands of individuals each with their own personalities and interests (ya this isn't a hivde mind entity)... Leaks occur. Whistleblowers happen and with Iraq there were intellegence officials that cried out that the methods they used to conclude their justification for Iraq were horribly unsound. Basically, they had a goal(invade Iraq) and worked baclwards to support the goal.

Greenwald has a long history of having animosity towards Hillary. He is swinging at air with no sources. Come back to us when intellegence officials whistleblow.

Greenwald in this video is basically stating that a career British intellegence agent who has a career in gathering Russian sources is not credible information.

Also, since this video is old, multiple claims from the Steele Dossier have been confirmed.

#174 fchowd0311, Jul 17, 2018
  15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Conrade Bot needs to get updated information before he responds
    It has to be translated and vetted for authenticity . . . . .. sometimes it goes off schedule .. . . and you get gibberish

Rocket River

Deckard likes this.
  16. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

President Donald Trump said Tuesday he accepts that Russia sought to influence the 2016 US election, and that he misspoke by appearing to accept Vladimir Putin's denials over those of his own intelligence chiefs.

"I have felt very strongly that while Russia's actions had no impact at all on the outcome of the election, let me be totally clear in saying that -- and I've said this many times -- I accept our intelligence community's conclusion that Russia's meddling in the 2016 election took place," Trump said, before a meeting with Republican lawmakers at the White House.

http://www.newindianexpress.com/wor...s-on-election-meddling-by-russia-1844782.html

#176 MojoMan, Jul 17, 2018
  17. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Democrats are ignoring the real reasons Hilary losy

Democracy is alive and well save the drama

Im not ignoring anything, its an overplayed story. Just read your drama

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Welcome to my ignore list. I've wasted enough time with you.

Nook and Rocket River like this.
  19. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

Trump’s weak and his pants are on fire

20. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The FBI wouldn't never make an assessment of a foreign govt like this - they are a domestic organization and only touch international as it relates to a domestic criminal investigation.

In other words, your are guilty of one of the following:

You are a scumbag and knowingly spreading propaganda

OR

You are so stupid you are unknowingly spreading propaganda

Which one is it?

dmoneybangbang likes this.