1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why won't Trump lash out at Putin?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Jul 16, 2018.

?

Would Trump lashing out at Putin have helped solve our problems with Russia, or would it have made t

1. It would have helped resolve them

6 vote(s)
    60.0%
  2. It would have made them worse

4 vote(s)
    40.0%
  1. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Apparently you do care what i think cause you only posted in here about me

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

How did i prove myself wrong? What does "negatively affected her campaign" mean?

3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

The Russian nonsense is something politicians love to drag out and let run as long as possible. There is very little that can or will be done. Screaming and throwing tempertantrums over Russia accomplishes nothing. Putin absolutely loves watching America fight over this. Over Facebook ads, Twitter and exposing DNC corruption.

body slam likes this.
  4. across110thstreet

across110thstreet Contributing Member

The 6 critical voters in this poll were confused by placement and wording of “would” and “wouldn’t” in the OP

Deckard likes this.
  5. DOYG86

DOYG86 Member

you're a conservative?

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Go back and read his posts. Thanks

7. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

I care you posted irrelevant BS talking points. Nobody gives a $hit whether you care about Russian meddling or not. Nobody is trying to change your mind. We're just correcting your false narrative.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

http://time.com/5340545/bill-browde...ebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=time

I'm Bill Browder. Here's the Biggest Mistake Putin Made When Trying to Get Access to Me Through Trump

[​IMG]
    William Browder, chief executive officer of Hermitage Capital Management, takes his seat as he arrives for a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing titled 'Oversight of the Foreign Agents Registration Act and Attempts to Influence U.S. Elections' on July 27, 2017 in Washington, D.C.

Drew Angerer—Getty Images
    By BILL BROWDER
    10:32 PM EDT
    IDEAS
    Browder is the founder and CEO of Hermitage Capital Management and was the largest foreign investor in Russia until 2005. Since 2009 when his lawyer, Sergei Magnitsky, died in prison after uncovering a $230 million fraud committed by Russian government officials, Browder has been leading a campaign to expose Russia's endemic corruption and human rights abuses.
    I wasn’t watching the Donald Trump–Vladimir Putin press conference from Helsinki. But when my phone started burning up with messages, I knew something was going on. I quickly discovered that Putin had mentioned me by name. No journalist had asked about me. He just brought me up out of the blue.

Putin offered to allow American investigators to interview the 12 Russian intelligence agents just indicted by Special Counsel Robert Mueller in exchange for allowing Russians to have access to me and those close to me. This is no idle threat. For the last ten years, I’ve been trying to avoid getting killed by Putin’s regime, and there already exists a trail of dead bodies connected to its desire to see me dead. Amazingly, Trump stood next to him, appearing to nod approvingly. He even later said that he considered it “an incredible offer.”

YOU MIGHT LIKE

PRESIDENT TRUMP ACKNOWLEDGED RUSSIAN MEDDLING IN THE 2016 ELECTION
    PRESIDENT TRUMP AND RUSSIAN PRESIDENT VLADIMIR PUTIN KICK OFF THEIR FINLAND SUMMIT
    I’m lodged so firmly under Putin’s skin because I’m the person responsible for getting the Magnitsky Act passed in the United States in 2012. This is a law that allows the U.S. government to freeze assets and ban visas of human-rights violators around the world. Some of these human-rights violators had killed Sergei Magnitsky, my Russian lawyer who was murdered in a Moscow jail for uncovering a massive $230 million government-corruption scheme that we’ve since traced to known Putin cronies. In essence, Putin received some of the proceeds of this crime, and he is terrified that the Magnitsky Act could be applied to his offshore fortune, which is probably one of the largest amassed in modern times.

The Helsinki summit is not the first time my name has come up at a Putin press conference. Back in 2006 at the G-8 Conference in St. Petersburg, a young reporter for the Moscow Times asked why I’d been denied an entry visa to Russia and declared a threat to national security, all with no explanation. She pointed out that I was the biggest foreign investor in the Russian stock market, and that the prime minister of the United Kingdom had asked Putin about my situation earlier that day.

Putin frowned. “To be honest, I don’t know why this particular person has been refused entry to Russia. I can imagine that this person has broken the laws of our country, and if others do the same we’ll refuse them entry, too.”

“This person.” Putin almost never utters the names of his enemies — except for mine, which he lately seems to utter at every opportunity. To my mind, this can only mean that he is seriously rattled.

Since 2012, Putin has made it perhaps his largest foreign policy priority to have the Magnitsky Act repealed. But none of his efforts have worked. Not only has it not been repealed, it’s spread to six additional countries, including the United Kingdom, Canada, the Baltic states and Gibraltar. There are eight other countries with Magnitsky Acts on deck: Sweden, France, Germany, the Netherlands, Denmark, Australia, South Africa and Ukraine. The Magnitsky Act is going viral, and countries that have Magnitsky Acts are sanctioning Putin’s cronies, who I imagine soon will be sanctioned by other countries as well.

In addition, the Global Magnitsky Justice Campaign has investigated and found the $230 million that Sergei Magnitsky exposed and was killed over. There arenow a number of live law-enforcement investigations around the worlddetermining just who benefited from this crime. These have resulted in tens of millions of dollars of frozen assets. Furthermore, these investigations don’t only put at risk the beneficiaries of this crime, but the benificiaries of many other similar crimes. These people are ready to kill to keep their money. Losing it would be devastating.

Putin’s latest allegation that I donated $400 million to Hillary Clinton is so ludicrous and untrue that it falls into delusion. I’ve never made a political donation to Hillary Clinton or any other political candidate. It’s in the same category as other Russian government allegations against me: they accused me of being a serial killer; they accused me of being a CIA/MI6 agent determined to destroy the Russian government; and they accused me of somehow stealing $4.8 billion of IMF money back in the 1990s that was destined for the Russian Treasury. These guys have seriously lost their cool and are beginning to make mistakes.

The biggest mistake that Putin made in his offer today to effectively swap me for the 12 Russian agents is that he went to the wrong head of state. Although I was born in America, I emigrated to the United Kingdom 29 years ago and am a British citizen. If he really wants me, he better go talk to Theresa May, who might have a few choice words for him after Russian agents spread the military-grade nerve agent Novichok across the cathedral town of Salisbury, England.

What's this about?

Rocket River

Deckard likes this.
  9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

That isn't what the intelligence agencies have done.

More importantly, nobody had to change their vote from Hillary to Trump for it to help Trump. All it had to do was make people so disgusted with Hillary that they would vote for a third party, or not vote for President at all.

You can be upset all you want but none of that changes the fact that Russia attacked our democracy, and Trump refuses to hold them accountable and hasn't placed an emphasis on protecting our democracy in the upcoming elections.

10. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

What false narrative? They hacked Hilary's email. I argue its a stretch to say it influenced someone's opinion on someone the world has known for 25 yea3

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

If you don't care about Russian meddling in our elections, you are a fool, with all due respect. I don't say that with any pleasure, but it is the truth.

Maybe you can't handle the truth, and maybe you aren't alone here in not being able to handle the truth. Maybe you think that you know better than the Republican Leader of the Senate, Mitch McConnell, and the Republican Speaker of the House, Paul Ryan, both now admitting publicly, after months of trying to ignore the issue when they weren't denying it occurred, that not only did Russia interfere in our 2016 elections in an attempt to aid trump, but that Russia continues their assault on our democracy and other democracies in Europe and elsewhere, and declared that Russia is an adversary and hostile to the United States. Check out the quote below, pgabriel, and then defend your comments here:

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is the latest Republican to join the bipartisan chorus of lawmakers refuting President Trump's remarks in Helsinki, when he failed to hold Russian President Vladimir Putin accountable for Russia's role in meddling in the 2016 election during his summit Helsinki, Finland on Monday.

McConnell told reporters Tuesday that contrary to the president's statements, allies in the European Union are America's "friends" and "the Russians are not."

"To our European friends, we value the NATO treaty the most significant military alliance in world history. We believe the European Union countries are our friends, the Russians are not," said McConnell. The leader's comments also come after Mr. Trump told CBS Evening News anchor Jeff Glor over the weekend that he considers the EU one of America's "foes."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mitch-...ts-the-eu-is-our-friend-the-russians-are-not/

12. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

It doesn't matter about Hillary. I didn't vote for Hillary, and I don't give a damn about Hillary. I do care about a hostile foreign power attacking our democracy. You aren't addressing that which is more important than anyone changing their mind or not changing their mind.

The right keeps bringing her up. I don't really see people on the left bringing up Hillary.

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

So how is any of that not saying it caused people to change?

And third parties? Com on brother

14. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Again, I don't give a damn about the election that Hillary lost. I do care about a foreign enemy attacking our democracy.

15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Whatever, they still say it influenced people's vote. And really you are just arguing to argue.

They are talking about HILARY'S EMAIL, are they not?

16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

How did their meddling intefere? What changed?

17. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Trump and the right keep bringing up Hillary's EMAIL. Yes. People on the left aren't really talking about it except when someone from the right brings it up again in an effort to distract from the issue that Trump isn't defending the American democracy.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Do you have a reading comprehension problem, pgabriel? I'm serious.

19. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

People vote the same every freaking election. Deeckard an elder to most of us has probably never voted Republican

20. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Attempted murder is still bad and still a crime. It doesn't only become bad if it succeeded.

It may have worked or it may not. That doesn't really matter.