1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why Shaq won't/can't play more than 2 years

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by ROXRAN, Jun 16, 2002.

1. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

Confirmed reports won't validate this, but the man is realistically approaching 400 lbs.

From topics I have read to plain common sense when you see him, you know this...the guy won't do it because he never had a "love" for playing like a Majic Johnon, or Isiah Thomas...has more money than nearly anyone...has achieved so much in b-ball...but the clincher is the fact the guy looks swollen and has way too much bulk and weight which will only break him down further...

I was watching an espn classic game in 96, and even then he looked so much better than he does now. If he could keep his playing weight at 315 - 330, he would be at his best in regards to maximizing power and movement.

Too bad we all get fat...

2. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

he really ballooned up since he got to the lakers. maybe it was those injuries he had through the years (abdominal strain etc). i remember when he was in orlando he said that he had less than 10% body fat....well guess those numbers rose. he can still dominate the game no doubt, but i'll agree he'll quit cuz of lack of motivation.

3. AstroRocket

AstroRocket Member

To be honest, I don't know if its all that "bad."

I mean, Shaq's gotten his. Time for him to sit his fat ass down and let the league move on.

4. GATER

GATER Contributing Member

Not true. I weigh less than I did in high school....but I don't eat crap like Shaq Pack's and Crunch bars... ;)

5. UNMKT4

UNMKT4 Member

They say he's 380. But when you look at Todd "whiteMac" MacCulloch and Wilt ChamberNezesy side by side, does it really look like a 100 pounds difference?

Why would they exaggerate his weight by so much. I can see 20-30 lbs. but to go as far as 65-100 lbs. is unrealistic.

Then again he is 7-1 and does look like a fat ass, and i have a brother who's 180 and only 5-7, SO i can see where they can place him in that "400 lb. range".

I think the league should ban all players 350 lb.s or above. That probably wouldn't hold true due to the fact that would only qualify Shaq as the one to be tossed out.

Skill and Greatest Center of all time doesnt equal <b>=</b> backing down your opponent and forcing all 400 lbs. of you onto his 250 lb. frame and ripping down the goal post therfor taking Shaquille O'neal out of any talk of being the greastest.

Go join the Sumo wrestling league in China, Japan, whatever country it is in.

LOSE SOME WEIGHT YOU FAT ASS.

GO KINGS:)

6. LAfadeaway33

LAfadeaway33 Member

Does anyone know if Shaq lifts and if he does what his maxs are?

7. drapg

drapg Member

exactly! i weigh much less than i did in college...

and just look at the crap this guy endorses... i mean its funny to see a Nestle crunch vending machine in his house in that tv commercial... i mean doesn't that just sum up his problem right there???? :D

8. foodworld

foodworld Member

John Wooden suggested that Shaq lose excess weight if he is to rank among the best centers in league history. In my opinion, he doesn't compare with Chamberlain, Abdul-Jabbar, Malone, Olajuwon, etc. because he wouldn't be able to dominate if he were "forced" to become a finesse player. He pushes off post defenders, he elbows when tracking down rebounds, he pancake-blocks his defensive assignments and he is additionally rewarded by phantom calls like hand-checks against his post-defenders and blocking fouls near the basket (i.e. Scot Pollard, who fouled out within eleven minutes in Game 6 of the Conference Finals). If he weren't so favored, he'd foul more than anyone in the league.

Robert Traylor is a foul magnet because he has no position to play due to his weight; he doesn't have the size to play center, can't defend quicker forwards without fouling and won't play away from the basket. Is he a super-echelon mega-star who deserves calls? Nope.

Perception is reality; the NBA is fixed. :rolleyes:

9. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Early on in his career, Shaq considered Stanley Roberts to be the more talented player out of LSU. Stanley went on to balloon in weight (depression and playing for the Clips can do that to you...) and vanished into Clipper hell.

Shortly after last years championships, Shaq said that he was gonna slim down in weight and train during the summer (he was around 325-335 then). But his arthritic toe began bothering him and he couldn't run without it hurting him. So he sat during the summer being injured, and right before the season began, he elected for surgery, totally missing the preseason in the process. He gained even more weight during his recovery...

He wants to lose weight but with that huge ****** and a 380 lbs. body shifted half on an arthritic big toe, it's gonna be painful as hell. He already knows that losing weight now will help him last through an 82 game season.