1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why is everyone so mad? What did y'all expect? There aren't many "stars" to be had.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by bmd, Jul 2, 2016.

Tags:
  1. bmd

bmd Member

Most of the players people wanted simply decided to stay with their teams.

Durant is most likely staying with the Thunder
    Conley back with the Grizz
    Bazemore staying with Hawks
    DeRozen stays with Toronto
    Clarkson back with Lakers
    Batum stays with Charlotte
    Beal stays with Wizards
    Drummond back to Detroit
    Fournier back to Orlando

Etc.

The only real "star" that is out there is Horford... and he may go back to Atlanta.

There weren't really any star players to be had.

1 person likes this.
  2. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Being pissed off is the thing to do around here... join in or get out.

3. PinkTacos

PinkTacos Member

We need to load up on talent either way so that maybe sometime in the future we can use these players in a trade...we cannot go into the season with the same players so we have to overpay this off season.

4. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

Just a lot of unnecessary outrage. Disappointed I'd understand, but people are legit calling for heads. Most others teams have improved, but Rockets are just trying to stay afloat. I guess that's the problem. Still, it can't be worse than last season. Still, we have like another 20 million to spend. There's still some filling out to do, and hopefully the picture looks better after some potential trades.

5. hvic

hvic Member

I will sit in the corner and pout lol. Anderson is not a bad pick up

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Expecting a big time FA to come here wasn't realistic, but it gave people hope. Ryan Anderson at $20 million per for 4 years gives no hope. He peaked in 2011-12 and will miss 15-20 games per year. It's natural for someone who is a fan of the Rockets to be let down by this news.

7. bmd

bmd Member

Most other teams have had Ryan Anderson-type signings. No different than the Rockets.

Oh and I forgot another one... Hassan Whiteside stayed with the Heat.

8. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

That's what happens when you have a bunch of IRL losers who can't do anything, but b**** and moan. It's like, man if the Rockets are causing you this much grief, find something else to enjoy in life and GTFO, but nope... they feel this irrational need to try and piss on everyone else to try to make everyone as miserable as their own crappy lives. Fact is, **** happens, but life goes on.

9. OTMax

OTMax Member

Price is steep for a injury prone player and it tells me Morey is not able to pull off any deal with the current assets..

10. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

In the moment, I like Anderson. Rox needed another consistent scorer.

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I'm sorry, maybe you were too stupid to understand the purpose of a message board. Just like you b****ing about the b****ers, people have the right to complain. So that makes you an even bigger loser. Put them on ignore or stfu.

12. JD88

JD88 Member

Nailed it.

13. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Rockets name had been linked to Bazemore, Horford, Conley, Anderson, and Eric Gordon but people want to pretend they put their eggs in one basket.

14. Vivi

Vivi Member

I'm mad because i expect better than this by Morey, and in fact i think this is more on D'Antoni being here so, more on Les. Standing pat would've been better than overpay an injury prone bench chucker.

15. glimmertwins

glimmertwins Member

I agree - signing someone for the sake of signing someone is truly the worst thing we could do. The number of players who could really help this team AND were actually available to us, was very small. This wasn't going to be an offseason where we had much of an opportunity to really remake this roster unfortunately. In particular - I wish there were more playmakers out there available to us.

16. chenjy9

Supporting Member

You are easily one of the worst offenders. Every single post out of your proverbial mouth as long as I can remember has been full of negativity. Also, you are the one that doesn't understand the purpose of ANY community board; for like minded or similar interest groups of people to meet and share opinions to promote meaningful discussion. Your incessant whining and ****ting on basically all things Rockets is annoying as all ****ing hell and literally does not contribute a single shred of meaningfulness.

Yeah people have the right to complain, but they also have the personal responsibility to consider what they say. If you don't ever have anything ever positive or even meaningful to say, then STFU. :rolleyes:

2 people like this.
  17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I think Star chasing is fine, but not likely - what I do want is us to find good complimentary players like Teodosic - guys that can shoot the ball and force the Brewers to the bench...

Find a replacement center.....Bogdonovich, Asik...or try to pry Joel Embid from Phily.....

And yes, I guess that is what we will do when Horford says no...but in reality Horford is not going to be that good for that long....so not really enamored with him anyway.

DD

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

You just proved my point. Just look at you b****ing about b****ers. I'm glad you utilize your time wisely. The rockets put on a display of defensive prowess this past year...man it was just amazing. Then they go on to sign MDA. Something that sheds a lot of light on the FO priorities. If you want to sing around a camp fire and attempt to look cool by posting your vomit like you always do, filled with either passive aggression or buthurtness go right ahead. In fact, I think the majority of the board has a negative perception on the team and its moves, so if you care about what people say---I hate to break it to you but nobody gives a damn about your feelings. Put them on ignore or shutup. You clearly care a lot so please keep proving me right and trying.

19. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Putting you on ignore as I type this. Pity, since at one point in your posting life here, you were actually worth reading. The sooner that you learn when to talk and when to just keep your mouth shut, the wiser you will become. :rolleyes: Just keep this in mind, its ****ards like you that make this BBS increasingly harder to bear participating in. Everyone and their moms know how much you hate the Rockets by this point in time. Do everyone a favor and SHUT THE HELL UP AND GET THE **** OUT you negative loser...

20. ISOBall

ISOBall Member

And they end up with Ryan Anderson