1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why is everyone here overrating Melo?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets4lf, Aug 1, 2018.

1. DasouthDakota

DasouthDakota Rookie

Trevor Ariza was trash on offense, and isn't a 10th of the player Melo is...but I bet you wept when he left.

2. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

we are not over rating him at all. different situation he is in here, he has never had a guy on his team that will keep him in line like Chris Paul will. traditionally Melo is a good shooter. Usually shoots 44 percent or better in the season.

3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Like when Barkley joined for 1 million dollars!

Snow Villiers likes this.
  4. Le$$

Le$$ Member

people still stuck in the 2012 olympic games bra with harden passing to melo. haha.

5. theimpossibles1

It's 19th down.

TracywtFacy likes this.
  6. legacygt777

legacygt777 Member

You're a hater but you hope he can do well? Maybe you're bipolar? lol

7. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

There is a thousand Melo threads and you couldn't post this on either one of them. I guess we just had to have some attention huh.

8. MonteMelo

MonteMelo Member

I'm just gonna leave this quote right here and it's comming from a 3x NBA champ, 3x NBA All-Star, 3x NBA All-Defensive First team, 1x NBA All-Defensive Second team, 1x NBA DPOY ......

"I think when you look at Melo, Melo has been a great player in this league for some time now. Obviously, I think no one thinks that he's the Melo he was five years ago, and that happens to everyone. That's just the nature of the career that we've all chosen. At some point, you start to slow down and you're not who you once were. So, I'm not going to sit here and lie and act like he is the Melo he was five years ago, but the 64th-best player in the NBA? All right, five years ago he was maybe sixth. He ain't f---ing 64 [now].

I'm a firm believer in guys earning what they get, and I know he's earned more than a 64. And when you see rookies coming in who haven't played a game, that's just clear-cut disrespect. You've got guys who have given everything they had into this game and has proved s--- year in and year out and then people just walk in and are ranked higher than someone? Let them get out there and prove something first. I'm a firm believer in that. Maybe I'm that way because I've never been given anything. Everything I've gotten in this league I've worked for and earned. So maybe I see it a little differently. That will never change for me. I can't put you above guys who have done this year in and year out with the best of them and say you're better. That's just not me. I think it's clear disrespect.

And like I said to start it off, I know Melo isn't the Melo he was five or seven years ago, but he's for damn sure not the 64th-best player in the league. I know that. There aren't 63 players better than Carmelo Anthony."

9. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

You are missing the point. We rave about him due to his value vs contract money we signed him for. If he comes to us.

10. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

A brutally honest quote. James shouldn't have said it, but it's true.

Killatron 2000 and fattz like this.
  11. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

CF overrates Melo, everywhere else Melo is underrated.

Melo is just another aging past-his-prime All-Star who moves too slow laterally to be good on defense.

Dirk is probably a good comparison. He can still shoot but is completely useless on defense.

12. Rockets4lf

Rockets4lf Member

And our main goal is to beat GSW. Imagine durant, curry, or klay on Melo, lord have mercy. We saw what curry did to Anderson last year...9 points in 2 minutes.

13. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Melo's gift in drama is so much underrated.

14. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

[​IMG]

Killatron 2000 likes this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

I was listening to Dunc’d On, and they gave us a D and C- for our offseason grade because we lost Ariza and Luc and are adding Melo...they think Melo could actively hurt us, especially defensively...mentioned that Melo can’t guard Curry, KD, or Klay, and he’s prone to communication errors or flat out just losing his man

also worried that D’antoni might give him a lot of minutes even if he’s sucking like OKC was doing due to his name

I was surprised they were that low on our offseason

Chamillionaire likes this.
  16. Chamillionaire

That is surprising. They do get some things wrong from time to time. I do love listening to them. Very objective and they know just about everything there is to know about NBA.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It gives pleasure.

19. tc0330

tc0330 Member

instead of b1tching about how much he wont work, why dont you figure out how he will work.

20. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member