1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why don't Facebook or Reddit or Twitter actually do something about racist ass clowns?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Aug 13, 2017.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Curious, what "rights" do people think exist on twitter, Facebook, etc. They are all stateless, so applying U.S. constitutional rights don't apply.

2. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Ahhhh the slippery slope of censorship.

3. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

It's probably the same ones that Donatas Motiejunas successfully invoked when he got his 15mm/year deal last summer.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

A better question. Do private sector corporations have a right to kick people out of their platform regardless of reason?

I say yes.

I framed the question this way, because I'm pretty confident that those who are against censorship online(usually right wing) also have the hypocritical stance of deregulate markets were corporations can chose to fire and deny service to anyone they chose.

NewRoxFan likes this.
  5. fchowd0311

Do you want to restrict the rights of our corporations?

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Russia is now hosting the Daily Stormer website. Oh the irony. The Russians hosting the Nazis! lmao!!

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  7. Daddy Long Legs

Nah

8. fchowd0311

K, so you are for Facebook kicking groups/people out of their own discretion?

9. Daddy Long Legs

Hmmmm

10. Buck Turgidson

There is a pretty sizable neo-nazi movement in Russia, nationalism + racism is very Russian these days.

11. The Stig

The Stig Member

The radical right wingers (KKK, WLM, etc.) and vice versa make up so few of the population that they're irrelevant. Just ignore or block those idiot's news feed and they should go away. They seek attention so best not give it to them.

In reality, you look at comments on these social media platforms and some of the comments there are absolutely disgusting. A lot of those comments should be removed but they're not. Being behind a keyboard really brings out the worst of people.

12. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

The courts have decided that there are protected classes that you cannot discriminate against. I agree with the courts that there should be protected classes free from discrimination. I'm also against most censorship.

I also support a business's freedom to decide who to serve or hire. But the reason for refusal of service cannot cite any of those protected classes. it's easy enough to make up a BS reason but if you're someone that wants to voice your discriminatory feelings, then prepare for a huge lawsuit incoming.