1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why doesn't Trump talk about White Nationalism?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, Mar 18, 2019.

1. mick fry

mick fry Member

And I got pulled in anyway. :oops:

cml750 and dachuda86 like this.
  2. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

[​IMG]

No Worries likes this.
  3. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

This thread is about why Trump isn't calling out white nationalism. That's the question, don't talk gibberish and try to derail the conversation. Although I suspect you spend a lot of time on 4chan / 8chan or whatever.

No Worries and TheRealist137 like this.
  4. HTM

HTM Member

Support your position with facts please.

Who are these "10 white nationalist accounts" ? - who is determining which accounts are "white nationalist" accounts?

I need something comprehensible to read and analyze. This provides nothing.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I showed you the study. One of the accounts was David Duke. You can look it up it's an analytics company. In any case, sounds like you need to attack this immediately versus accept the possibility that Trump has a YUGE contingent of racists supporting him - which most normal people already understand.

6. HTM

HTM Member

This is literally all the information you have provided.

What exactly am I suppose to do with this information?

David Duke, the most prominent White Supremacist leader of the last 40 years, has 52k twitter followers.

Tell me more about the millions following white nationalists on Twitter.

#46 HTM, Mar 18, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    cml750 and dachuda86 like this.
  7. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

We had BLM murdering cops during Obama’s administration.

Didn’t see the @Sweet Lou 4 2 thread asking why Obama doesn’t talk about BLM.

So strange.

#47 Cohete Rojo, Mar 18, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2019
    cml750 likes this.
  8. astros123

astros123 Member

lol BLM had as many hideous crimes as white nationalist have committed the past two years? Don't go full r****d bro.

9. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Ouch!

I hit a nerve there.

mick fry likes this.
  10. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

Trump talks about what Trump wants to talk about, sometimes its useful, sometimes its nonsense, but it's never what someone else wants him to talk about

JuanValdez likes this.
  11. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

BLM murdered cops? Are you that confused?

12. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Maybe this is the reason - folks this is real:

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Hate crimes literally spiked the day Trump was elected and hate crimes are up 31% since his election. There's plenty of information documenting the rise of hate groups and hate crime under the Donald's watch. I think you really don't want to acknowledge the obvious.

https://www.vox.com/identities/2019...aland-shooter-white-nationalism-united-states

No Worries and FranchiseBlade like this.
  14. mick fry

mick fry Member

You got me I spend every waking hr thinking about race, consumed by hate and how downtroddened by society I am. Wait! Nevermind....

Cohete Rojo, cml750 and dachuda86 like this.
  15. HTM

HTM Member

Talk about goal post moving. I thought you were going to tell me all about the "Millions" of Trump supporters who follow White Nationalists on twitter. Trump has 60 million Twitter followers. You claimed 1/3rd followed a White Nationalist. That means 20 million people. How are you spreading those out exactly? I see Richard Spencer with 75k followers and David Duke with 52k. I can't thing of any two people more prominent in the White Supremacy movement who would have a twitter. A flat out absurd claim.

Listen, dude, you've actually run up against someone who has some education and has done some research and read some literature about White Supremacy in the United States since 1964 - You're not gonna fool me into believing White Supremacists are a bigger deal than I already think they are with some convoluted statistics. BTW do you only post articles from extremely far left websites? Salon and Vox? That seems legit. A very well rounded selection of websites you read.

The reality is this. Estimates for modern Klan participation run in 5,000 - 8,000 range. That is a SPLC statistic. In the early 1990's Skinhead numbers were estimated at 3,000 across the country. Another SPLC statistic. That number is in line with the modern BBC report I cited earlier.

According to the SPLC, "Stormfront is the leading white supremacist webforum" - and (as of 2014) "Though on any given day, fewer than 1,800 registered members log on to Stormfront, and less than half of the site’s visitors even reside in the United States"

You can look at any number of White Supremacist events and I guarantee you will see a trend of counter-protesters outnumbering participants at a rate of 10 - 20 to 1.

Unite the Right 2 was thought to have a participant to counter protester ratio of 100 to 1.

White Supremacists have almost no political influence or substantial financial or political support in the United States.

White Supremacists are awful people and they do and say awful things but yes, like I originally posited in this thread, they are a relative bogeyman. They are extremely limited in number, have extremely limited to no political influence and their every public movement is hounded by people opposed to them at a massive rate.

You and others may be fooled into believing there is this large, subversive White Supremacist movement rising in the shadows but the numbers don't bear that out and the numbers have never born that out.

mick fry and cml750 like this.
  16. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

10/10 post. You said it way better than anyone so far. Well-done.

Basically this. However, good luck convincing some posters here who promote this white racist around every corner thing... they won't be swayed from their ideology (it is practically a religious belief for them). They see angry racists wherever they look. It's sort of a reds under the bed type fear as we are still going through this current moral panic. But still, call them out.

This is a perfect example of a modern racial witch hunt in modern politics:

[​IMG]

cml750 likes this.
  17. cml750

cml750 Member

This is an excellent post. Lou is the most race obsessed person on this forum so do not expect him to understand your exceptional post.

mick fry and dachuda86 like this.
  18. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Most of the peers I served with as a Marine Grunt would be outraged if I called them white supremacists, yet they constantly talk about the IQ bell curve between races, they constantly talk about white population dilution from brown people immigrating and interracial marriage. They consistently complain about how black people can have "black pride" but white people can't have "white pride". They jumped on the Obama birther conspiracy. They cheered for the initial campaign declaration by Trump of banning all Muslim immigration. They constantly share memes from ultra right wing groups. They'll surround themselves around a laptop with a YouTube playlist of Worldstar hip-hop just so they can make fun of urban black culture.

But they aren't white supremacists right? They aren't in your data in your research right? I think you are exposing a severe blindspot in your analysis probably from being in a liberal bubble all your life. You also are too concerned with definitions rather than rhetoric and actual beliefs.

It's akin to how there are thousands of ISIS fighters but probably hundreds of thousands or millions of extremist Muslims who support many of the causes of ISIS fighters.

Also, SPLC must have outdated data because people don't use dedicated forums like Stormfront or our BBS as much as outlets like reddit and 4chan. Reddit and 4chan has a massive scale of right wing/white supremacist posters.

#58 fchowd0311, Mar 19, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
    No Worries, Rashmon, superfob and 2 others like this.
  19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I haven't a clue how many.... if the # is actually growing or if it isn't but they are more embolden.

However, the number of violence incidents by right wing extremism are growing.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/world/trump-invasion-rhetoric-new-zealand-data-white-nationalism-1.5061919

Couple with growing incidents, this admin decided to shutdown the countering-violent-extremism and other similar programs. It's not only what he said, it's showing up in policy decisions.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/a...-countering-violent-extremism-program/574237/

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Rocket River

Buck Turgidson likes this.