1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why does Trump's adminstration keep making up terrorist attacks?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 8, 2017.

1. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

/S

2. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

No, they are. But this isn't an intellectual exercise; his administration is rooted in creating and maintaining fear. MUSLIMS ARE ATTACKING! CRIME IS RISING! JOBS ARE LEAVING!

Fear is not a grounded, rational response. Here, I'll prove it: if you tell me you're afraid to fly, I'll tell you that, statistically-speaking, it's the safest method of transportation we have. That's a fact; but no matter how many times I remind you how safe it is to fly... it's not going to make an ounce of difference because you're emotional and irrational.

Bowling Green... Atlanta....... it makes no difference if they're accurate because the point isn't to be accurate; the point is to scare the living **** out of people. What's sad is how ripe people are to fall hook, line and sinker for it. My way liberal mother-in-law, who marched in DC several weeks ago ferchrissakes, is CONVINCED Muslims are dangerous and she supports the ban... WHILE VOLUNTEERING FOR THE TEXAS DNC. It's not rational, she knows it... and yet...

3. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    I'm not a Trump supporter.

I just defend him on the internet.

krnxsnoopy, Deckard and Nook like this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

The government has already been going down this road for sometime.

The US government declared martial law in Boston after the marathon bombing.

No one had a problem with it.......... no one seemed to care that the FBI did a piss poor job, and botched the manhunt.

5. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Most of the mainstream politicians know that scaring people about terrorism or attacks and claiming that you can stop them is very appealing and if played well can get them a lot of votes or if played wrong can cause them to lose votes. The media is eager to have stories on violent crime or terror attacks that because: "if it bleeds it leads" and therefore it sell more products.

Trump is a master of making stupid statements which gains publicity and as the head of CBS iirc said Trump made the media a lot of money.

Deckard and Two Sandwiches like this.
  6. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

My thoughts are this:

Trump has a huge ego. He wants TV ratings and he wants people to love him. He feels that scaring people is one way to do that. Unfortunately, he's catering to the wrong crowd. It's harmful to the country. To have an adminstration to make up facts, lie, deceive, or just not fact check themselves and have it be an attempt to fear monger is just pathetic.

I hope the American people are smart enough to see through this and I hope the emdia continues to report all of the lies and hypocrisy. It makes for excellent Saturday Night Live, too.

Whatever is going on, this adminstration has started off on the wrong foot and in the worst way, and it's going to be a long four years. Mainly, as I said when he was elected, I hope his ego doesn't get us into a war.

I hope we gets impeached before that happens.

This guy is a joke.

krnxsnoopy, Yung-T and wouldabeen23 like this.
  7. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

I believe they definitely have a game plan in place.

Rocket River

8. sirbaihu

sirbaihu Member

What concerns me even more: if there were to be a martial law plan, something maybe bigger than 9/11 is necessary, e.g. small nuke detonation in DC.

9. RocketWalta

RocketWalta Member

If there is a strategy by the Trump administration so far, it's to blur the line between what is reported by major media outlets and what comes out of Spicer and Conway's mouths. Trump, himself, seems to want to prime America for one of his patented "I told you so"s in case another terrorist attack occurs. We should all be extremely vigilant in case that happens, because you know there will be a unified series of voracious attacks to discredit the media from this WH. You only have to go back 14 years to see how distortions of the truth can get this country into trouble.

I initially credited the BG Massacre to an overworked and under prepared Conway until I read she had trotted out that phrase in the past, so I am also concerned. Perhaps one can attribute this flub to Spicer's gum-filled, backed up colon, I don't know.

I know one thing. The incompetency by this administration so far has been extraordinarily embarrassing.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  10. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Really. He already threatened Chicago and there was only a minor response.
    I think if he did it in Chicago it would get some blow back . . but they will keep telling us it is temporary
    then they will withdraw like 50% of the troops and keep the rest there indefinitely . . .cause by then
    it will be seen as a 'compromise'

Rocket River

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm beginning to think that Bannon has two fingers firmly on the tip of Trump's nose, pulling the egomaniac wherever Bannon wants him to go. If true, we should be very, very worried.

DudeWah likes this.
  12. ChrisBosh

ChrisBosh Member

An incompetent group is running the most powerful country in the world. Things are going to get interesting.

Steve Bannon is the craziest of the group, guarantee you his dream of an Iran war will happen. Just a matter of time and if Putin gets on board, concessions for that will be extremely steep.

Deckard likes this.
  13. Buck Turgidson

Not a bad idea, would probably help him get his head out of his ass.

14. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

They are trying to discredit and vilify the media as fake news, all the while spewing nothing but lies and alternative facts so people will believe anything they say without question. It saddens me to see how many people in my facebook feed are falling for it hook line and sinker.

DudeWah, Yung-T and Deckard like this.
  15. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Scared people do dumb things.

Dumb people scare easily.

It's like Schroedinger's voter for Republicans.

Torn n Frayed likes this.
  16. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Sweden has no idea what Trump meant when he said, ‘You look at what’s happening … in Sweden’

If you believe Swedish media, Friday night was relatively uneventful. Among the most noteworthy headlines were reports that a popular Swedish singer had technical problems during a musical competition.

But if you believe President Trump, something happened in Sweden on Friday night that deserved the attention of the world. However, nobody knows what that might be so far, least the Swedes.

During a rally Saturday, Trump referred to several countries that have taken in a disproportionate number of refugees and that have recently been struck by attacks. “We’ve got to keep our country safe. You look at what’s happening in Germany. You look at what’s happening last night in Sweden. Sweden, who would believe this?” Trump went on to refer to Paris, Nice and Brussels, cities where attacks occurred in the past two years.

Although Trump did not explicitly say it, his remarks were widely perceived to suggest that an attack occurred Friday night in Sweden. “Sweden? Terror attack? What has he been smoking? Questions abound,” former Swedish prime minister Carl Bildt wrote on Twitter.

Others reacted by posting photos of how they believe Sweden really looked Friday night, using the hashtag #LastNightInSweden.

The White House already faced criticism this month after it included an incident in the Swedish city of Malmö on its list of allegedly underreported attacks. In October, arson caused smoke damage at an Iraqi community center in Malmö. A judge, however, decided that there was no evidence for treating the incident as a “terror attack” — months before the White House released the list that referred to the incident.

Sweden took in more refugees per capita than any other country in Europe at the height of the influx in 2015. The country has long viewed itself as having a moral obligation to take in refugees from war-torn countries. But Sweden reached its limits as other E.U. neighbors refused to fulfill their commitments.

The influx of refugees has not come without problems in Sweden, but mainstream politicians and immigration experts say the criticism has been disproportionate. In summer 2016, Swedish embassies were tasked to counter rumors or false information on Sweden's experience with taking in large numbers of immigrants.

Speaking on Friday, one day before Trump's remarks, Henrik Selin of the Swedish Institute said there are “people whose political agenda suggests they would like to tell the story of countries not being able to receive that many refugees, who seem to want to exaggerate problems,” according to Radio Sweden.

Although Sweden views itself as increasingly isolated in regard to its pro-immigration stance, the country found widespread cross-European support on social media Sunday. “Dear @realDonaldTrump,” Alexander Stubb, the former prime minister of Finland tweeted. “Sweden is immigration friendly, international & liberal. One of the most prosperous, richest, safest places on earth.”

And a country with relatively calm Friday nights, it seems.

Yung-T likes this.
  17. Buck Turgidson

I think his "Sweden, who would believe this?” line was a test to see what he can get away with.

18. Cohete Rojo

Cohete Rojo Contributing Member

Whoa! Where are you getting this from?

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  19. RocketWalta

RocketWalta Member

Maybe. Perhaps Trump was watching Tucker Carlson the night before and his mind is so fragmented that he just free associates with his mendacious mashup of Worm-tongue wet-willie words, his "best" words, and whatever words he remembers from cable news the night before.

Unfortunately, a large portion of this country think that having no filter equates to telling the truth. Whenever this administration gets its "sea legs" is when the real damage will be done.

20. Buck Turgidson

That was a joke, but perhaps maybe it wasn't?

[​IMG]

RocketWalta and VooDooPope like this.