1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why does Trump's adminstration keep making up terrorist attacks?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 8, 2017.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They actually made up multiple terrorist attacks.

Two Sandwiches and Nook like this.
  2. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Part of the campaign but not really part of the admin. She's getting way more attention (just after election) then she should be honestly.

They "made up" one but even that was a one word mistake.

Either they are making stupid mistakes or you think they geniuses for changing one word to spread their villainous ideas. Honestly which villains do you know give clues to their plans. Give me a break, you guys are outraged, triggered, and spooked all at the same time. I'm genuinely worried about some of you.

3. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

A one word mistake excuses it? The Atlanta one may have actually been a mistake. I don't really hold that against them. The Bowling Green one was completely made up. The little fantasy you created in your head about why she said it, doesn't really count as an excuse.

4. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

So counselor to the president is not part of the administration?
    http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/22/politics/donald-trump-kellyanne-conway-counselor/

5. ipaman

6. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

The reason is that they don't care about honesty. They will make up whatever sounds good to "justify" their policy desires.

That's only part of it. Trump also wants to be seen as a tough guy, so if he makes up a scenario where there are bad things then he can pretend cut through all the BS to do something about it. Sadly he and his team have to make things up for that narrative to play out.

7. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Umm ok, only you would think she is not part of the administration.

8. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Remember: he isn't a Trump supporter.

9. ipaman

I never said it excused it, I'm just trying to explain it. Either that or they are stupid evil geniuses who give away their upcoming evil plans.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I wonder how she's getting paid if she doesn't work for the government. Maybe it's all volunteer work, and she's not using any government resources.

11. ipaman

part of his team sure but not part of the administration. not sure why saying that is such a big deal.
    Thanks for reminding everyone. I'll add I do want to give him at least 100 days but the libs already ruined that possibility.

#31 ipaman, Feb 9, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2017
  12. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'd say it is a little bit of both. They're talking about terrorism a lot and trying to highlight past events to give Americans a higher sense of urgency to 'solve the problem' with more aggressive policy changes. So he can declare martial law might be a bit of hyperbole, but the nature of the change would have to be more empowerment of federal law enforcement and homeland protection agencies which does have the effect of consolidating more power in the executive branch and to some extent diluting the civil rights of citizens.

But, I don't think they're intentionally making up terror attacks. I just think the Administration runs by the seat of its pants and doesn't do the sort of careful staging, review and triple-check of everything they do that we're used to benefiting from. So the fallibilities of their people shine through. Somebody half-assed the notes on the Bowling Green incident, nobody checked their work, and it went out on the national airwaves. Same with Spicer. Someone probably just mixed it up because they were writing from memory. And no one double-checked. And Spicer didn't think very deeply about his material before presenting it. It's not this Trump's people are necessarily dumber than Obama's. But Obama would embrace having a robust system that makes sure everything is right (though that didn't always work for Obama either), and Trump would say that's too many layers, and it's analysis paralysis.

ipaman likes this.
  13. ipaman

idk, that's a good question. you should research that if you really are wondering about her salary.

14. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Turns out Counselor to the President is a real position in the government. So she definitely is in the Trump Administration.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Counselor_to_the_President

ipaman likes this.
  16. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

DudeWah likes this.
  17. ipaman

are you 12?!?! I rep'd him for the effort, your shitpost not so much. in fact I feel stupid responding to your shitpost.

18. ima_drummer2k

I tend to believe this more than believing it's all part of some deep dark conspiracy to turn America into a dictatorship. This is all about Trump's ego, IMO.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  19. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Haymitch likes this.
  20. ima_drummer2k

Dude, take a laxative, it was a joke. LOL...