1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why does team age matter!?!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by darin1998, Jan 5, 2003.

1. darin1998

darin1998 Member

I have read many posts lately excusing the Rockets because they are " the second youngest team in the league." Why is age an excuse for not hitting free throws, horrible FG percentages, turnovers, and bonehead plays at the end of games. This game is the NBA after all and many of these skills should have been prior learned. Maybe it's a sign of the current NBA system but I long for the players that used to enter the league well skilled and schooled.

2. drapg

drapg Member

Those were the same players that stayed in school for four years to learn the fundamentals.

With kids skipping college all together and leaving early after one or two seasons of college ball, you can't expect them to be polished.

That is the state of the NBA today. Deal with it. I do.

3. EddieGriffin

EddieGriffin Member

I think it also has to do with the maturity and dicipline of the team. An inexperienced team will undoubtedly make more mental errors than a veteran team.