1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why do you think the Rockets struggling to piece together a contender?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by txppratt, Jul 2, 2009.

?

What do you think about our off-season moves so far?

1. I don't like it, but 2010 is all that matters now.

64 vote(s)
    18.9%
  2. We're screwed with Yao and TMac's injuries - of course Ron Artest would leave.

147 vote(s)
    43.4%
  3. Our second round draft picks are just the boost this team needs.

17 vote(s)
    5.0%
  4. Let's not panic, we can still trade TMac and get another piece.

54 vote(s)
    15.9%
  5. F! Blow it up! Who cares now? REBUILD... NOW.

59 vote(s)
    17.4%
  6. Morey is just being patient and waiting for the right move.

138 vote(s)
    40.7%
  7. Artest was a cancer, no worries, peace out.

29 vote(s)
    8.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. txppratt

txppratt Contributing Member

i'm pissed. we were supposed to be major players this offseason. and we haven't done JACK.

and now ron artest is leaving? many of us wanted ron to stay (argue that all you want). not to mention this is the first time we've seen morey let an asset walk out the door without getting something in return. ****, there goes all the toughness this team desperately needed. ron artest got us to a place tmac and yao haven't up until this point. and he did it in one season.

i don't like that all these other teams in the league are getting better while we still don't have a center to start the season. why are we struggling to piece together a contender? do we not have the assets to make moves?

the draft was okay, no complaints there. but to only offer ron 1 year is an insult. he deserved much more. i'd bolt too!

morey has yet to make the real move we're looking for. why do you think the Rockets are struggling to make moves this off-season?

EDIT: I VOTED FOR

I don't like it, but 2010 is all that matters now.

We're screwed with Yao and TMac's injuries - of course Ron Artest would leave.

Morey is just being patient and waiting for the right move

#1 txppratt, Jul 2, 2009
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  2. roxstarz

roxstarz Member

3. AggieRocketFan96

Why? The Op is only echoing a sentiment that is starting to be shared by many. It certainly does look like our Rockets team is crumbling before our eyes. Teams are making moves and the players the Rockets are targeting seem to be slipping through their fingers.

4. Honey Bear

Honey Bear Contributing Member

Wow at your complete lack of understanding of what is going on. Very embarrassing.

5. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

I swear you people act as if Artest came in and magically delivered us to the second round. It was a team effort. Yao, Brooks, Scola, and especially Battier all did more than Artest to get us out of the first round IMO. Not to mention the solid contributions of Lowry, Landry, Hayes, and Wafer. Stop treating Artest like he's MJ or something. We'll be fine.
    <br>
    Btw, we're struggling to attract FA's because well......our two best players are both out for most of the season. Who would honestly want to sign into a situation like that?
    <br>
    We're gonna move forward and develop players while getting ready for the future. This should be a short year or two rebuilding process if handled correctly.

P.S. This coming season, we're all going to get a lesson in what playing team basketball with solid players does for you.

1 person likes this.
  6. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

For better or worse, Morey's approach is low risk, high reward. I'm not convinced it's the best approach for rebuilding, but it may be a big reason we haven't seen a move yet.

7. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

Yao's injury not healing has just caused one big giant f-ed up ripple effect that's hurting the team and offseason plans.

8. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Nice post.

Morey has put us in FULL tank mode...And it feels like he has just backhanded the fans in the mouth...

9. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

No need for that rookie.
    Reported...

10. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

I don't understand why this question need to be asked. INJURIES is what hinders us from piecing together a contender. As mentioned above, FA's don't want to play for the Rockets if our top 3 are either injured or jumping ship.

11. Grimm920

Grimm920 Member

I like the check box format on the polls... allows me to vote for all of the selections... :p

Well the lakers just keep getting better and better now don't they... not sure what we can do... there isnt anyone really available

12. BetterThanEver

BetterThanEver Contributing Member

Most contenders have good health. Morey is so focused on the healthy player's moneyball numbers, but completely overlooked "missed games" stat for evaluating players and medical staff. He could have obtained healthier players, or gotten better medical staff or additional training for them.

13. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

I was having the best day and now I just feel ill. The season shouldnt be over in July. Damn our luck.

14. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

Its just plain stupid to whine about something like this when it is pretty obvious why no one is coming/staying in Houston.

I just find it funny people still expect us to contend especially if TMac is only going to play half a season and Yao's injury questions.

15. txppratt

we just let him go to LA? jeebus!

why couldn't morey do a S & T? why couldn't we DO SOMETHING?

i can't be the only one frustrated by ron leaving...

16. emmanuelb

emmanuelb Member

17. dassig

dassig Member

injuries is the one and only thing holding us back. We haven't had a single season since Lazy McLazy and Yao teamed up with our entire roster staying healthy...it's always a little injury here, or a foot problem here, we're screwed...now I know what cubs fans must feel like

18. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

I agree.(Nice post, I chalk the last up as a misfire)

But the fact is, Morey lost a very valuable asset, for nothing...

If we are going to redo this thing, lets get some young talent dadgummit.

19. dassig

dassig Member

20. txppratt

it looks like thats what coming our way... and i hope to be pleasantly surprised.

but team basketball won't win the big one if your team isn't full of talented players.

star power wins in this league whether we like it or not... and we have 0 star power right now.