1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

why do the Nuggets think they will get an Orlando pick?

Discussion in 'NBA Draft' started by Achebe, Apr 21, 2000.

1. Achebe

Achebe Contributing Member

I was just reading this off of nbatalk.com: http://insidedenver.com/nuggets/0421nugs1.shtml

The Nuggets think they're real smart and that Orlando will offer them a pick this year. What makes the Nuggets special? Is it this mgmt. intuition that makes the Nuggets the Nuggets and the Rockets the Rockets or is there some deal breaker here. (I did not read one in the article).

------------------

2. sir scarvajal

sir scarvajal Member

I would think Orlando would do something like offering its last (13) pick to Utah for the 24th and 26th pick and then could fulfill their obligations to both us and Denver with one move. Although we could pass that pick on to Vancouver to complete that deal. Unless there are other contigentcies, I just don't seeing either us or Denver getting a flat 13th pick if there are other options.

------------------

3. TeXaSalsa

TeXaSalsa Contributing Member

Utah doenst have 2 picks i think miami has the rights to one of them if they choose.

------------------
    --TEX

4. Lewie221

Lewie221 Member

utah has 2 picks, miami doesnt get one.

------------------

5. SirCharlesFan

SirCharlesFan Contributing Member

Sir S

Can Orlando do something like that?

I mean ain't that cheating or something? [​IMG]

------------------
    The Chuckwagon came, saw, and threw people through windows!

6. hakola

hakola Member

It would be smart if Orlando can do this but I hope that there is some kind of rule that would prevent them from doing it...

------------------

7. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I know Orlando does not have to give us their first round pick as long as it is a first-round pick. But is their obligation to Denver the same? It may be that they have to give up their own pick to Denver. Not that I know anything at all; I'm just speculating on possibilities.

------------------

8. dannis j

dannis j New Member

I just read the TSN team report on Orlando and they seem to think that Orlando wont be using all their picks.

"The Magic have three lottery picks, but everyone in the organization concedes they will use two at most and possibly only one. They have Golden State and Denver's pick, as well as their own."

It'll be interesting to see if the rockets do get a pick from the magic after all.

------------------