1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why Casspi don't get more minutes?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ben_from_TLV, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

1. Harden Beard is awesome

2. DMo is playing better and took his minutes

2. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Why Casspi don't get more minutes?

3. Harden shot going down
    4. DMo leg trip up the man
    5. Casspi shot make rebound

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

he's an overconfident selfish chucker on offense. like the opposite extreme of how lin's been playing lately.

4. FeaR

FeaR Member

Now with Granger we will cut him

I am kidding

Probably Daniels will not even practice with the team.

5. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

he has not played very well as of late and Dmo has stepped it up taking his rotation minutes = he sucks

6. ben_from_TLV

ben_from_TLV Member

thx guys, you really understand the game.
    Let's hope that on the finals he will get some minutes and show his skills.
    I believe in him.

1 person likes this.
  7. basketballholic

ALL of our 3-point shooters have struggled because of our problems with spacing. You've got 3 guys playing rotation minutes that can't shoot...Jones, DMo, and now Asik. It's a spacing issue. When any one of those 3 guys is on the floor with Dwight...or any two of them are on the floor together...we become easy to defend. Defense plays off them on the perimeter and gets up on the guys that can spot up and shoot.

I wish there was a way to find out Casspi's shooting percentages when playing the 4 alongside Dwight/Harden/Bev/Parsons. Like you said .... that was early in the season. And Casspi was playing the spread 4 next to 3 other shooters. I think we would find out that when Casspi is on the floor with 3 other shooters and one interior big that his shooting percentages are much better.

8. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

As said before, he's best as a 4. Rockets have two second year players playing better than him. He'll have to fight Hamilton and Garcia for minutes at the three. My guess is that last night's game shows the anticipated rotation for the rest of the season.

I like Casspi. He needs to work on better shot selection or to get better at the three pointers beyond the break.

9. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Casspi is so awkward. Everytime he touches the ball, I hold my breath.

10. ItalianRocket

ItalianRocket Member

[youtube]CbW3aAeUFiA[/youtube]

Bring him back :(

11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Theoretically he's such a fantastic fit for this team. Unfortunately I think his perception of his own offensive game is too high - sometimes I wonder how he thinks he can make some of the shots he takes. Other times I can see that he's decided to shoot before checking where the opponents or his teammates are. He's not shooting particularly well with his open shots either.

All in all, Casspi has not performed as well as I know he can. There's still some time left for him to prove us wrong, but if he doesn't make it this season then he may have to go to Europe. Not being able to produce very efficiently on a team with Howard and Harden does not bode well for his future as a role player on a successful team.

12. SunsRocketsfan

He's just not that good of a basketball player
    He shoots too much and he's been missing a lot lately. Asik, and even dmo just add a lot more..let's be real is guy struggled to get off the bench in the kings!!!, the worst team in the west. If he can't get minutes on one of the worst teams what makes you think he can contribute on a contending team?

Seems like a good guy and has a hot sister but I think casspis minutes will be very limited going fwd. at least it seems like casspi fans are level headed. Lin fans would call racist and yell for the whole team staff to be fired that he's not getting as much mins

13. SunsRocketsfan

That's a nice way to say he's a chucker and a big black hole

Seriously casspi takes some of the worst shots on this team. He catches it and it seems like the only thing on his mind is I'm going to chuck this shot no matter if my teammates are open or if the defender is in my face... Soo frustrating!!!!

14. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

He's regressed to the point that he's hurting the team. Hey I was a fan and I wanted him to bounce back, but it's just not happening. When we signed Jordan Hamilton, I said "Give Hamilton all of Casspi's minutes immediately." Casspi and Garcia have fallen off the face of the earth.

Look at Casspi's production. He was lights out during the preseason, which earned him a big part of the rotation when the season started.

November it looked like we had ourselves a bonafied baller: 9.3pts/4.1 rebs in 20 minutes, 47%fg, 43% 3p%.

December was his huge 3pt shooting slump. 7.6pts/3.6 rebs, 39% fg, 28% 3p%, and now we got a guy shooting 61% instead of his last months 75% at the charity stripe.

January he recovers from slump just a tad, and production drops. 7.3pts, 47%fg, 35% 3p%, free throws still bad 68%.

February he drops to 4pts per game, fg% regresses to 33%, 3p% gets better 38%. His 2 TOs against Phoenix were atrocious. He just lost the ball by himself while dribbling.

I wanted Casspi to be the next great lift off the bench for us, but now my hopes are with Hamilton. It's cut-throat like that for bench guys. When you get minutes you got to hit free throws, not give up the ball, make shots.

15. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

IMO as the season goes along, he won't play be playing until garbage time. Hamilton even looking at advanced stats is better then him in 2 key areas: Spot up shooting and defensive rebounding.

16. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Casspi sucks, thinks he's a superstar (at least plays like one) but without any of the skills so he ends up looking pitiful

17. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Casspii sucks period. Hamilton is way better.

18. vator

vator Contributing Member

Simple answer...D. Mo. When Asik was out, D. Mo got more minutes. When Asik came back somebody had to get bumped from that rotation and apparently McHale likes what D. Mo has been bringing to table so he got the backup 4 minutes. That pushed Casspi to the backup 3 minutes with Garcia being out and he didn't really play well in that role so with the addition of Hamilton, he may find himself regulated to garbage time duty unfortunately. His inabilty to finish drives and pass the ball to wide open teammates is a concern when his streaky 3 point shot isn't falling.

19. basketballholic

The idea that Casspi isn't a good finisher is false.

Here's DMo's shooting table:

[​IMG]

Here's Jones' shooting table:

[​IMG]

Here's Casspi's shooting table:

[​IMG]

I still believe Casspi and this team are much better served with him running with the starters than either DMo or Jones. Because Casspi is the superior spot up shooter....which is really the #1 skill we need next to Dwight and Harden at the 4. That's how important I believe spot-up shooting is at the 4-spot for this team.

20. Billionzz

Billionzz Contributing Member

You need to start believing in the Dmo.