1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why Bonzi has not been offered an European contract yet?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by thedopefiend, Jul 25, 2008.

Tags:
  1. thedopefiend

thedopefiend Member

Just curious. I assumed that heading to European could be the best-scenario for him since Hornets doesnt seem to care much about him.

Bonzi played solid last year with us and afterwards Hornets. Although there were comments over his bad influence in the locker room, European clubs dont seem to care. I mean they even offered something like 7m to a proven loser - Ricky Davis. Bonzi wants just money at this point of his career, and apparently European clubs are generous with that.

Bonzi has the ability to make an instant impact anywhere in Europe. I appreciate what he had done for us last season and wish him good

2. dntrwl

dntrwl Member

no donuts in europe

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

He's too heavy for the trans-Atlantic airliners and if he opts for voyage via oceanliner he'll have to ask Greenpeace to protect him from the Japanese whalers

4. AGBee

AGBee Member

He's fat.

5. kwng

kwng Member

I think the Euros wanted young players preferably less than 30 or 31 years old.

6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

he'll decline even if he's offered.. he's not into slim european models..

7. AzNaNsZ

AzNaNsZ Member

He wants to stay with thunder thighs :D

8. pmac

pmac Contributing Member

At this point (and probably their entire careers) Ricky Davis is a much better player than Bonzi. Ricky's problem is that he is selfish and gets too flashy at times. At one point he was good enough to be a top 3 option on a team but he couldn't adjust to playing team basketball. I think if he went to europe he would be one of the top atheletes and better (if not best) players on his team and making it unnecessary to be a great team player.

Bonzi has similar problem in addition to not being able to shoot and being out of shape. He's not really a big find for any team.

9. mlwoo

mlwoo Contributing Member

Why has Bonzi not been offered a place in the GARM?

He's not on the Rockets.

10. a la rockets

a la rockets Contributing Member

On most euro teams the US players are asked to provid the offensive touch.
    Don't worry Ricky will be just fine where ever he lands in Europe...

11. sleepirlo

sleepirlo Member

Because they have much better choice than bonzi.
    Sign a NBA player is expensive ,and I don't think Bonzi is good option for them as for his age and injury history.

12. vtkp99

vtkp99 Contributing Member

He would fit right in with Houston then

13. AXG

AXG Member

He can't shoot and he can't run.

14. nejyh

nejyh Contributing Member

He fired his agent after the Sacramento contract debacle.

15. Lovemachine2000

Wrong place for thread, for obvious reason.
    That's pretty damn funny. No to Japanese whalers!!

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

What's with people firing agents after Sacramental contract debacles? First Bonzi, now Artest.

17. TMac640

TMac640 Contributing Member

He's morbidly obese :)

18. JVGFAN

JVGFAN Member

Because they would overpay him and he would have to turn them down. Just like Sac-town.

19. MONON

MONON Member

I hear that France has some preeety good French Pastries though. :)

20. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

I dont know probably because it's not about the money and if it was about the money he wont be going to europe anyways at this stage in his career most players go over there to develop.

I came across this scenario and was thinking thats all what if Landry does bolt (maybe not) then we sign Wells and ship him back to Sacramento if he wants and agrees around the deadline and Kings like the idea then atleast he would be (i dont know if he owns a home there) my point is atleast he got his money and near a home in some type of deal for Artest if worst comes to worst who knows, Kings may not buy that idea and Wells may not either before signing here. Maybe the Kings dont want no 2-3 years or what ever unless they can move him to a contender. Atleast the Rockets moved him to a possible contender so it was not like it was out of disrespect or anything.

who knows i'm quite sure there is other options out there and maybe this one fits into the bottom half of the pack in terms of options.