1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who's left?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by a la rockets, Aug 15, 2005.

1. a la rockets

a la rockets Contributing Member

Now that Stoudamire and Cassel are gone is there any FA left that can help our backcourt and can be had for cheap(LLE)?
    There was some talk about Williams(motorcycle accident guy) last week. How old was that news?

On a side note, is there a list of FA that have not yet agreed terms with any team?
    Thanks in advance.

ALA

2. JamesC

JamesC Member

There are a few people left, only ones I can think of at the moment are Van Exel and Payton.

3. SuperKev

SuperKev Contributing Member

Perhaps Finley, but he is a 2-3. Still he shoots the 3 at 40%+ and can move the ball. For the 1 GP vs. NVE, I would probably go for GP as he still puts up good numbers.

A little in your face vs. the Mavs by acquiring Finley would be funny though.

4. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

There's really no one available who would be better than what we already have... Though some here seem to have convinced themselves that JWill will come back the same player (or even a better player!) than the guy that was such a monumental disappointment his rookie year.

5. Possum

Possum Member

Brevin Knight
    Damon Jones
    Earl Watson
    Dan Dickau
    Are all free and would all be nice additions.

6. apostolic3

apostolic3 Member

You can't just look at which free agents are left because unless Finley takes the LLE from us, which won't happen, we are left with trades. There are lots possibilities but it's harder to speculate what might happen and when. I assume CD will try to work a trade that helps us right up to the beginning of the season.

7. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

I stand by what I said. None of those guys would be better than what we already have.

8. blazer_ben

blazer_ben Rookie

Earl Watson would be better then what we have right now. Whilst his not the Greatest Primeter Shooter, his still on par with Sura... if not Better. Damon Jones will Probaly goto Cavs, Wolves or Re-sign with the Heat.

If i was a betting man, i bet that either Payton or Vanexel will endup with the Rox.

9. krocket

krocket Contributing Member

Did DerMarr Johnson and/or Buckner re-sign with Denver yet?

10. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

I would be surprised if the Rockets made a deal right now that didn't give them something more than a marginal improvement. The team as it stands is probably capable of holding its own until a worthwhile mid-season deal comes along. Whether we make a trade or not, that first month looks prety brutal, though.

11. Willis25

Willis25 Contributing Member

considering the rockets have 15 players already, I am more concerned about getting rid of dead weight at this pont

12. krocket

krocket Contributing Member

I agree, but they don't have 15 players, they have not quite 10 players and at least 5 place holders.

13. OddsOn

OddsOn Contributing Member

Dan Dickau might be someone to take a look at...

14. PhiSlammaJamma

It would be nice to have a shooter on the team. but this team is good enough to go the distance now. If wesley, sura, and James can't hit open shots what the frig is one to do. They are good enuff to hit 'em. If that is the only thing holding us back, missing open shots, I'm willing to say hey, there's not much more you can ask for.

15. jd3

jd3 Contributing Member

Hey Willis25 - about your signature...

"I will smash your face into a car windshield, and then take your mother, Dorothy Mantooth, out for a nice seafood dinner and never call her again!"
    -- Ron Burgundy

that was Champ Kind that said that, not Ron Burgundy. :p

and i agree with you -
    lets cut some fat before adding on any aging point guards.

16. kerry Mckee

kerry Mckee Member

There's Demarr Johnson and Rodney White available.

17. Man

Man Contributing Member

Definitely would love to have one of those guys...or both!

18. Mav-Hater

Mav-Hater Contributing Member

Demarr and Gerald Wallace are both available

19. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

I've actually hung out with Brevin Knight a few times and would love the free ticket presence he would bring to this organization.

20. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

I would like him too but JVG doesn't like short guards. esp. guards sho can't shoot.