1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who Is Excited About this Year's Rockets?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThrillaNManilla, Jan 4, 2021.

?

Are You Excited for this Rocket team?

1. Most excited I have been in a long time

25.6%
  2. I am excited, but only if Harden stays a Rocket

19.2%
  3. No. We are not a championship team

3.8%
  4. What is there to be excited about?

9.0%
  5. Luxary tax savings

1.3%
  6. I am no more excited than other years

5.1%
  7. Less excited than other years

14.1%
  8. My excitement is above average

21.8%
  1. ThrillaNManilla

ThrillaNManilla Contributing Member

I have not seen this balance of roster talent, hungry players, star potential, and fun Rocket's basketball to watch in so many years. As much as I enjoy winning, I also enjoy team ball and having players who give 100%. It is early in the season, but I schedule my day around watching the games now. We now have the potential to win a lot of games while having entertaining Rocket's basketball. What do you guys think?

2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

#3 seed behind the LAs. So yeah.

If we keep Harden.

Chasing_Chase likes this.
  3. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I didn't vote b/c didn't see my option, but I'm excited "more than average" for this season. I just like the new parts and having a new coach. I really want to see what he can do and if we'll start playing consistent defense, no matter who's on the roster.

I also think Wall > Russ, so am definitely more interested than last year.

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I'm excited to watch basketball in general cuz life has been pretty ****.

5. ThrillaNManilla

That is the big "If." I really hope Harden resends his trade request. Bearing injuries, he has a really talented roster, and a guy in Wood, who opens up his game like no one before. There is a reason most of his assists have been because of Wood.

6. ThrillaNManilla

In all my time on CF, this is my first poll. What poll option should I add?

7. xaos

xaos Member

I am more excited than I expected to be. After Morey left I really felt like it was about to be dark for the next decade.

Sure, there is still that possibility once we trade Harden, but this current squad has some things to be excited about. If Harden stays and we use some of our picks to upgrade, we can really be contenders (we'd need assurance from Harden or just simply gamble). If we trade Harden, it would be interesting to see what new era we bring on. That thought used to scare me because of Tillman, but Stone has done an excellent job hiring Silas and maneuvering to get Wood. Also, Westbrook was my least favorite player, so having him gone has made watching fun again.

hakeem94, Chasing_Chase, Bo6 and 4 others like this.
  8. Poonwalker

Poonwalker Member

The potential is what is exciting, but there is the flip side too, Harden leaves, an injury...

9. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Mah dude, I'm not complaining. :D Your poll is good.

I'm just somewhere betwixt "Most Excited in a Long Time" (b/c I was very excited a couple of years ago with Chris Paul), and "no more excited than other years." I'm definitely more excited than last year and more excited than the average Harden/Pringles year.

I never thought Pringles could win us a 'chip, in my heart of hearts. But he got close that one year of course.

10. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

excitement-wise my ceiling is through the roof

hakeem94 and Chasing_Chase like this.
  11. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Watching Wood develop is nice. Wall and Cousins returning from injury is awesome.
    Harden drama has been annoying but he's been trying in games all I can really ask from him.

12. fryjol7

fryjol7 Member

I am more excited than last year, but I am not more excited than CP3-Harden Year 1.

And I was may more excited with the Lin-Parsons core and even when Howard was here his 1st year. Now, I knew almost nothing about basketball back then.

And I agree, it's refreshing to see people that actually wants to play here and give a damn about fighting in the court.

BamBam and hakeem94 like this.
  13. conquistador#11

My excitement is above average and I wash it in the sink!
    I hadn't been posting that much since that night where all those damn three pointers were taken and missed.
    I feel rejuvenated and ready to cheer or troll!
    Wood has me up and I was down on that signing more down when all teams were offering for Harden were sunchips and a diet coke.
    Keep these guys together and healthy.

14. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I’m with the other posters in that getting rid of Westbrook alone was miraculous. Easily my least favorite player in NBA history, if not tied with guys like Matt Barnes, Draymond, Lebron. Super fun to root for the Cousins/Wall comeback narratives. Christian Wood has been a beast and this team definitely has a higher ceiling because last year I knew we couldn’t win it all without a talented big man. Wood has been the perfect running mate for Harden

Chasing_Chase and xaos like this.
  15. HROZ

HROZ Member

If Harden isn't traded I'll get more excited.

But Wood is a great piece for the future.
    And Wall's comeback is exciting. Though if Harden is traded, so should Wall Gordon Tucker.

16. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

I’ll take it

17. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I am jazzed, either way if Harden stays or goes....I am looking forward to varietal basketball - where our predictability stops us from winning it all.

Having a variety of styles will help no matter what.

DD

18. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I'm excited about every year's Rockets. It's tradition. And most of the time they break my heart, but here I am again, Harden or no Harden, Morey or no Morey, etc.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Yep, thick or thin, we are Rocket's fans.

DD

20. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I mean, it's mostly been generated by the media. I get that Harden has not necessarily made it difficult for the media to get a story, but for the very least, when it comes to the team, everybody seems happy in general. It's not as if Harden is doing Jimmy Butler type **** to get the hell out of here.