1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who here thinks Bush should visit Iraq?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by krnxsnoopy, Nov 23, 2005.

?

Do you think Bush should visit Iraq?

1. YES

31 vote(s)
    86.1%
  2. NO

5 vote(s)
    13.9%
  1. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

I think during this term(better yet, during this war), Bush should visit Iraq. Whether its speaking to the troops and boosting the moral or just visiting the new Iraqi President and just seeing how things are going(he did in a way create this mess you know). He was a president who always 'wanted to prove a point', one who always strived to maintain his 'stern' reputation of having an iron fist. What better way to show off his 20 ton titanium ballz than to step foot on Iraqi soil. Just to prove a point... He can use a million different 'excuses' to just go there atleast for a couple of days. but at the end we'd all know, whether he was right about the war or not, he stood by his words, talked the talk and walked the walk..

I personally am not too happy with the way many things were handled, war and domestic. I bring this up because I just realized there has never been any talk about him even possibly visiting Iraq. He himself changed the lives of millions, a whole nation in fact, this is the least he could do, even though he'd be in insurgent's backyard, I would actually gain SOME respect for him if he did go through with this. I believe there are other war skeptics who feel the same.

Some may say, "whats the point of that? why would he put himself in such a vulnerable situation."

well thats exactly the point.

THINK: those racist mofos that talk BIG on online gaming systems such as XBOX saying the N-word, saying white-boy this white-boy that, or making some fake chinese ching chong noises..
    or those 12 year old kids on AOL talking alot of **** behind a computer screen.
    or a crummy boss too afraid of confrontation to fire you face to face, so does it over the phone or sends someone else to relay the message..

Like said before, This isn't about whether the war was just or not, everybody has their own opinion to that. This is about his WORD and then his ACTIONS. I believe in certain cases, you can be wrong but still save your dignity. He's always seemed like a 'prideful' man, Thats his forte. His supporters would say he's 'confident'. To me same thing-- glass half full/half empty. Well confidence is good, as long as its REAL and not just a front.

You know, it doesn't take a president to sign a piece of paper and then watch the war on TV. Like how Mark Cuban playing fantasy basketball with the Mavericks, Bush is playing Risk with our soldiers, aka people's lives.

POLL is simple, YES or NO

2. 111chase111

111chase111 Contributing Member

3. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

I think he should go and drive around fallujah in a convertible! Cheney could ride shotgun! It would be fun!

4. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

They could show us just how safe they've made it, and then we'd have to stop saying the war isn't going well once and for all.

5. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

I'm sorry but when you're the President of the U.S., it's stupid to do things like that in the states much less in Iraq. There's no reason to suggest something like this.

6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What are you talking about? The U.S. has made Iraq safe. Saddam is gone, and the terrorists and insurgents there are in their last death throes. We have given them freedom, Bush and Cheney would be seen as real heroes there, I can't imagine that there would be any problems at all.

7. mc mark

mc mark Contributing Member

It's not stupid at all. The no exit strategy president has said time and time again that amazing progress is happening in Iraq. What better way to show it by driving around and talking to average Iraqis? Even better he should take Laura and the girls and go shopping outside the green zone in Bagdad. That would be really cool and show the world that he was right about the war.

8. Bullard4Life

Bullard4Life Member

What are you talking about? Bush has been out there on the front lines man!

The Onion: "Bush Bravely Leads 3rd Infantry Into Battle"

IRAQ-KUWAIT BORDER—As the U.S. Army's 3rd Infantry Division began its ground assault on Iraq Monday, President Bush marched alongside the front-line soldiers, bravely putting his own life on the line for his country by personally participating in the attack.

"Bush is the real deal, and when he talks about fighting for freedom, he means it," said Pvt. Tom Scharpling, 21. "He'd never ask one of us grunts to take any risks for our country that he wasn't willing to take himself."

For more read on at:

http://www.theonion.com/onion3911/bush_bravely_leads.html

9. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

i'm sure there is plenty of brush to clear. he could make it a family trip. maybe he could offer his daughters to opposing warlords like in the olden days of europe to appease tensions.

10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

and he can show off his mad mountain biking and segway skills..

11. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I think he should go again. It would be a moral boost for the troops, and they need it. Our "friends" in Iraq have given carte blanche to the insurgents to attack Coalition troops and civilian contractors as a result of the US sponsored Arab League conference in Cairo that just concluded, so long as they leave them (the "Iraqi Government") and civilians alone. Now would be a good time to buck them up with a visit.

Keep D&D Civil.

12. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I understand the set for filming has already been built in a fortified underground bunker. They're still getting together the appropriate cultural mix of soldiers, where they will stand, when they will applaud, and who gets to ask what questions.

13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

don't forget the faux turkey and sides..

they might as well do it in hollywood.. or canada or new zealand if they want to save on production costs..

14. Dreamshake

Dreamshake Contributing Member

Funny thing is, I just yesterday had a convo with a friend about the Onion.com. I told him that if ANYONE ever fell for or posted something as a truth from that site, I was be amazed at the utter and sheer stupidity of it. Damn so close. LOL

15. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

remember NO D*MN PRETZELS!!!

On the real . . I think it would be a tremendous boost to the Troops
    because
    I am beginning to get the feeling we maybe letting go of some control
    the IRaqi gov seems to speaking more and more. . which is fine
    but
    I would be uncomfortable with them ordering OUR troops around
    Bush needs to go out there and just say THANK YOU

Rocket River

16. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I think he should visit alot of places.

Iraq
    Afghanistan
    Peshawar, Pakistan
    Hell
    etc.

17. wnes

wnes Contributing Member

[​IMG]
    November 13: Iraqis from Husaybah protest outside
    Camp Gannon, the marines' base. They want food,
    water, and electricity.

Let's be thankful that Iraqis are granted the freedom to peaceful demonstration -- can't imagine this was possible under Saddam.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/gall/0,8542,1643955,00.html

#17 wnes, Nov 24, 2005
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2005
  18. nyquil82

nyquil82 Contributing Member

Knowing him, he'd probably go to Iran by accident instead.