1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who has more Potential? Morris or D-Mo?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by True Rocket, Jun 25, 2011.

?

Who has more potential?

Poll closed Mar 21, 2014.
  1. Donatas Motiejunas

94 vote(s)
    69.1%
  2. Marcus Morris

42 vote(s)
    30.9%
  1. Nook

Nook Member

Absolutely nothing.... and his defense is poor.

2. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

More upside? Easily D-Mo.

But Morris is by far the safer pick.

It's like picking between a Stromile Swift mold and a Udonis Haslem mold. My answer to the question may be one thing but who I would rather have (if given the choice) is a completely different subject.

1 person likes this.
  3. dreamshake97

dreamshake97 Member

i agree, i dont see the Melo or even paul pierce comparisons?? to me Morris was a pf with range in college.. i NEVER saw him use any kind of a dribble move to create his own shot or a dribble cross over move.. i saw kick outs to a stationary pf for a open three… he runs a good pick and pop though so thats a plus, but i dont see this "MO is gponna play a sf" thing.. he isn't athletic or mobile enough, especially in his lateral movement.. imo

4. Rockets4279

Rockets4279 Member

Bingo more like Al Harrington, Corliss Williamson. To say he's a Paul Pierce or Carmelo Anthony is a bit far fetched. But even at that i still like the pick even if he was Harrington.

Motiejunas will be about 75% at best of what Dirk is and about 75% of Gasol. To me he has another thing coming the NBA is no joke.

5. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I think Motiejunas has more potential but I think Marcus is more likely to reach his potential. I think Morris could be an all star caliber small forward but Motiejunas could be a super star

6. aeolus13

aeolus13 Contributing Member

The draft position argument is pretty weak. Pierce himself went 10th in the 1998 draft, behind such luminaries as Olowokandi, LaFrentz, Robert Traylor, and Larry Hughes.