1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who do you think will win the Heisman?

Discussion in 'Football: NFL, College, High School' started by JBIIRockets, Nov 17, 2012.

?

Wo do you think will win the Heisman?

1. Manti Te'o

16 vote(s)
    21.1%
  2. Johnny Manziel

56 vote(s)
    73.7%
  3. Other

4 vote(s)
    5.3%
  1. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

If both A&M and Norte Dame win out, who wins the Heisman?

2. ItsMyFault

ItsMyFault Contributing Member

It's Manziel.

Te'o will obviously be a finalist along with Braxton Miller for Ohio St. I'm sure Klein will get that last finalist spot.

It's definitely Manziel's to lose.

3. JBIIRockets

JBIIRockets Contributing Member

I went with Manziel. But I think Te'o SHOULD win it.

4. PointForward

PointForward Member

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

Would love to see Manziel win it but don't think he will.

6. moonsh0t

moonsh0t Member

If ever a defensive player deserved the Heisman it's Teo this year. Leader of that team in so many ways.

7. PointForward

PointForward Member

No kidding! I mean he had like 5 whole tackles today! 2 were solos! how amazing is that! :eek:

1 person likes this.
  8. TISNF

TISNF Member

Sentiment will likely carry him to the top of the ballot. It was Klein's to lose today.

Why does Teo have the biggest advantage? It's not even that his team is undefeated. It's that he can't throw an interception.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

A lot can still happen. I give Mizzou a 30% shot to beat TAMU actually. So who knows. Seems awfully tough for a freshman to win the thing. When you really start analyzing things you'll see that Manziel was shutdown in the second half against LSU and Florida too.

If either of these two guys do wind up winning... weird.

10. SacTown

SacTown Member

I think this guy should and will win the Heisman. I also think Sumlin will have a National Championship in the next 4 years. The move to the SEC was genius. Absolutely a no brainer.

[​IMG]

11. Gundam

Gundam Member

I just can't see Johnny Football (love the kid) winning when Notre Dame is undefeated.

I just think - with the impact that Manti has had on Notre Dame with his personal story and how he has responded on the field, as well as how he has led one of the best defenses in this country - provided he continues to perform.

I'd vote for Te'o and wear a lei.

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Meh. Sure his story is cute. It is Notre Dame... They are unbeaten with a good defense which he does lead but... for a defensive player to win I think you need to be amazing. This guy doesn't come close to a Derrick Johnson or Von Miller and those guys never even got consideration.

13. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Yes losing one's grandmother and girlfriend to deaths in the same week is cute

14. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Teo is backed by the hype-maching that is Notre Dame football. I'd actually even debate that DeMontrae Moore is a better all-around player than Teo, but he doesn't play linebacker, and he doesn't play for Notre Dame. Is Teo in the top 20 in any 2 statistical categories even?? What Manziel is doing to SEC defenses is something special, and he DESERVES to win it. Will he though? I'm not 100% sure. The voters are crotchety old men who hang onto their traditions as if they are lifelines, and one of the oldest traditions in the book is not giving the trophy to a Freshman. It'll be interesting to see what happens.

15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Exactly. If a defensive player is going to win Heisman they need to be a disruptive force that consistently forces the opponent to gameplan around them.

Teo is just a really good linebacker and the leader of a stout defense. Sure that sounds great but players that fit that description are fairly common. He isn't a menacing game-changer.

16. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

When is the last time a non qb or running back won it. It has been a while. If any defensive player should have won it should have been suh. He was a one man wrecking crew.

17. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Over 10 years at least. I feel like the last non QB/RB to come legitimately close was Roy Williams. Fitzgerald was really good one year too but I'm not sure where he stood Heisman-wise.

18. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.
    Supporting Member

Johnny Keenum... Err.. Manziel.

1 person likes this.
  19. Canadiandude

Canadiandude Member

Manziel will probably win it, though I hate the fact that the offense of A & M fizzled in the second half of both of their losses.

Te'o will come very close in second
    in the weakest class since probably Chris Weinke won it.

20. SkyrimOwnsAll

SkyrimOwnsAll Member

Manziel should win it

but i dont think they will give it to a frosh, if Manziel doesnt win it this year in this weak heisman race this year, a frosh will never win the award

This is the best chance in a LONG TIME for a freshman to hoist the heisman