1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who do you hate the most?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by PinetreeFM60, Jun 20, 2001.

Tags:
  1. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

2. LiLStevie3

LiLStevie3 Member

Kobe-I'd rip his balls off
    Karl Malone- I'd rip both his arms off
    Rick Fox-I'd pull every strand of his nappy hair off his head one by one

------------------
    "I look kind of dumpy. Look at my butt. And what kind of shoes do they have me wearing? At least they got the chinstrap beard right."
    -Kevin Garnett on the KG bobblehead dolls during KG bobblehead doll night at the Target Center

3. LiLStevie3

LiLStevie3 Member

LOL!! That is frikkin hilarious.

------------------
    "I look kind of dumpy. Look at my butt. And what kind of shoes do they have me wearing? At least they got the chinstrap beard right."
    -Kevin Garnett on the KG bobblehead dolls during KG bobblehead doll night at the Target Center

4. silent j

silent j Member

Rick Fox
    I've seen interviews with him and found him intelligent and inciteful, but on the court I would just like to kick him in the crotch.
    j

------------------
    Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb!

5. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

hey i forgot about Ugly Fox

------------------

6. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Jalen Rose, I never forgave that b*stard for undercutting Mario Elie and breaking his wrist... and on top of that, he never went and visited him in the hospital or apologized.

What a jerk.

------------------
    Feeling claustrophobic, like the walls are closing in.
    Blood stains on my hands, and I don't know where I've been.
    I'm in trouble for the things I haven't got to yet.
    I'm chomping at the bit, and my palms are getting wet.
    Sweating Bullets

Runnin', Ravin', Endin', Out.

7. PinetreeFM60

PinetreeFM60 Member

I remember that, Runnin, but I also remember Steve doing something similar to Wahad.

------------------
    "We're having a pretty good time considering one day we're all going to die." Steve Martin, 1976

8. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I remember that, Runnin, but I also remember Steve doing something similar to Wahad.

Are you kidding me? Wahad even told everyone after the game that he knew it was an accident. Wahad was on the break and Steve simply tried to make a nice block from behind, and there was a little contact.
    That's what bugs me about the perception of fans, referees, etc. these days. So many people see a player go down and immediately start chanting "thug" and similar phrases to the person whose actions caused the injury. You have to play basketball, and when you have players leaping this high in the air, you are bound to have injuries happen. Let me give two examples.

1. Shawn Marion's head and neck injury against the Jazz back in March. Everyone here knows of Marion's insane vertical abilities. Well, he skied for a rebound, and ended up hitting John Starks on his way down, which made him lose his balance and fall the way he did. Starks was just standing there, trying to get a rebound. He wasn't doing anything wrong. And then, Marion hits him on his way down, is injured, and the Suns fans booed him when he touched the ball and when he left the court.

2. The Juwan Howard-Derek Anderson fiasco in the playoffs. Howard wasn't trying to hurt anyone. Watch the play in slow motion, replay, however you want to. All Howard was doing is trying to prevent a wide open dunk and an important 2 points for the Spurs. When players get that high, they're asking for trouble if someone is near them. The playoffs are a tough game, and you don't "concede" baskets. You foul players and make them earn it at the line, and that was what Howard was trying to do. However, because DA got up so high, he went down hard, was injured, and Howard was thrown out of the game for trying to break up the play. He also had to listen to relentless attacks on his character in the coming weeks.

Just because a player goes down hard doesn't mean that that specific incident is comparable and similar to another one with perhaps malicious intent. Francis wasn't trying to injure Wahad, he apologized for it, and even Wahad said he knew it was an accident. How is that comparable to the Rose -Elie situation?

------------------
    "Basketball players win basketball games. Athletes win track meets."-- Shane Battier

Draftsource.net-- the premier source for draft info. Profiles, rankings, mock drafts, and more!

Cat's Mock Draft

9. PinetreeFM60

PinetreeFM60 Member

Cat you have a way of seriously overreacting to posts, such as this instance.

I never said Steve's foul was dirty, or even intentional. I merely reminded the poster that in another Houston/Denver collison, Steve had been the person committing the foul and Wahad had been the guy injured in a manner similar to Elie's. You read into it what you wanted to read into it.

My point was that maybe he was judging Jalen Rose harshly, which is what homers usually do when it is their guy who gets injured.

I could have written all that in my prior post, but then I wouldn't have gotten to see someone (it turns out to be you) hyperventilate over nothing.

Take a chill pill. You ain't all that.

------------------
    "We're having a pretty good time considering one day we're all going to die." Steve Martin, 1976

10. The Cat

When was it again that I said I was all that?

If that's your definition of hyperventilate, I suggest you go buy yourself a dictionary. Just because you disagree with a post doesn't mean you overreact. In fact, the only "overreactions" that I see in this thread are from you in this last post. I remember both the Wahad incident and the Elie incident, and I didn't feel they were comparable. I provided a couple of examples to back me up about a simple claim that fans, refs, media, etc. overreact to the looks of situations. The whole point of a BBS is to share opinions... just because mine happens to differ from yours doesn't mean you need to attack my character.

------------------
    "Basketball players win basketball games. Athletes win track meets."-- Shane Battier

Draftsource.net-- the premier source for draft info. Profiles, rankings, mock drafts, and more!

Cat's Mock Draft

11. PinetreeFM60

PinetreeFM60 Member

Cat, you let yourself off too easy.

You like to preach. It's evident in many of your posts.

Save the lectures for the kids at the YMCA. State your opinion, but forgo the voice of authority. You're not Dr. Jack Freakin' Ramsey.

I agree with your assessment of the two recent situations you described, in both cases.

I disagree with your assessment regarding the Rose/Elie and Francis/Wahad matters. In my opinion, you are allowing your home bias to affect your judgment of those two events.

Simma down now.

------------------

12. The Cat

I apologize if any of my posts offended you, but I am not trying to preach, or speak out of any voice of authority. You still haven't given me one specific line that I've stated today that makes me appear preachy, or authoritive. All I did was disagree with your post, and I provided a couple of examples to support my point. I won't disagree with you again though... it's not worth all of this. Again, I did not mean any harm with my statements, and I'm apologize if you took them the wrong way.

[​IMG]

------------------

Cat's Mock Draft

13. PinetreeFM60

PinetreeFM60 Member

Aw shucks, now I feel bad.

Look Cat, I thought you overreacted to my post. I thought the same way you did about the Rose/Elie collision for a couple of years. Maybe because it hurt us so bad that year and Elie was never worth a crap after that. But after Elie moved on and acted like such a dork when he played in San Antonio, I stopped feeling so hostile about it.

Rose was a really young guy at the time, and I don't think he intended to undercut Elie as bad as he did.

I still think we tend to cut our own guys slack and judge others too harshly in such matters.

I apologize for my nastiness in addressing you. Someone once said of me that I never use a steak knife, I use a meat cleaver.

My bad.

------------------

14. HOOP-T

HOOP-T Member

Malone, Oakley, Shaq, Bill Laimbeer, Rick Mahorn, Scottie Pippen, Greg Foster, Chris Childs, Rick Fox, JR Reid.....

Sorry, I included inactive or retired players as well....but that's my list.

------------------
    My doctor says I am bipolar. I am going to get a second opinion. I have never had intimate desires for polar bears.

[This message has been edited by HOOP-T (edited June 22, 2001).]

15. PhiSlammaJamma

I've never liked Christian Laettner.

------------------
    humble, but hungry.

16. Band Geek Mobster

You like to make assumptions. It's evident in many of your posts.

[​IMG]

------------------
    Don't take me seriously...

17. PinetreeFM60

PinetreeFM60 Member

Are you sticking your tongue out because you want to toss some salad?

------------------

18. Milos

Milos Member

I can't believe no one mentioned John Starks or Patrick Ewing yet. After the 94 finals, both jumped to the top of my list. I would have said Shawn Bradley as well, but he gets his A$$ kicked enough during shootarounds.

------------------

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

Idiot.

------------------
    Can't I just give you some of my sperm? It's really good!

20. SteveFrancis3

SteveFrancis3 Contributing Member

Players:
    1. Tyronne Lue
    2. Karl Malone
    3. Scottie Pippen
    4. Reggie Miller
    5. Arvydas Sabonis
    6. Vlade Divac
    7. John Stockton
    8. Scott Williams
    9. Shawn Kemp