1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who can't wait?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by D-Roc, Jun 27, 2003.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

Thank you Cy Creek HS, my alma mater!!

I love baseball and basketball but...FOOTBALL IS LIFE. I'm hoping the Texans can be much improved on offense, the Horns finally beat blow-u, and the Coogs can turn it around with their new coach.

BRING ON FOOTBALL SEASON!!

2. rocketabc

rocketabc Contributing Member

CYYYYYYYYYYY-CREEEEEEEEEEEEEK!!! Class of '99, baby! When did you graduate?

As for the Bills--screw 'em. Go Texans.

3. ima_drummer2k

A looooong time ago. 88.

You know, Dan Neil (Broncos Pro Bowl lineman) went there too.

4. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

class of 90 myself. i used to lift weights with dan, shane rink, other various rink brothers, emmitt waldron...

(ok, i used to watch them lift weights...)

5. ima_drummer2k

Ric, do you remember a guy named Chris Hutchinson? He graduated in 88 and got a scholarship to Michigan. He started at DT his freshman year and then got hurt, I think. I don't know if he ever played again.

You know what ever happened to him?

6. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

oh, yeah -- we grew up in the same subdivision. he played all 4 years, iirc, but did so with a bad back; played in tremendous pain. never had an NFL future because of it, but was a hell of a gamer.

growing up, he was a tall, skinny kid. we used to play tackle the man. i could find out where he is, but haven't heard anything about him in years.

7. JamesC

JamesC Member

Ron Edwards plays for the Bills too. '97 Klein Forest grad.

8. D-Roc

D-Roc Member

I meant a Bills fan since 89, not 99.... typo!

9. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Good. I thought it was really random that you were a Bills fan since 99.

10. Kam

Kam Contributing Member

Cy-Creek sucks at football. They haven't been good since the early 90s. Their talent was raided when Cy-Falls opened up in the mid 90s.

I think they went 0-10 this year.
    or 1-9.

Cy-Creek has a bunch of hotties.

11. ima_drummer2k

I remember watching a Michigan game during Hutch's freshman year and hearing Keith Jackson (Whooooa Neeeeelly) talk about what a great future he would have. Too bad he got hurt.

We had a history class together. We sat in the back row and made fun of the teacher all year. Nice guy. He never really got into the whole "jock culture" like most of the football players. Ironic considering he was the best player on the team. He was friendly to everyone.

12. junglerules

junglerules Member

Yeah, i know that Price was basically gone, and it's good that Buffalo was able to get a 1st rd pick for him. However, I do still think the loss of him will hurt, at least initially, until someone else steps up. Dan Campbell does not strike fear in my eyes, and it'll be interesting to see if Henry can make the catches that used to go to centers. I think Josh Reed will be the key to that offense functioning well. It's bad news if teams can load the line, or double team Moulds without fear.

Yeah, I do like their corners. I've always liked Winfield, even if he is undersized, he's a playmaker. I guess the safeties are somewhat weak. We'll see how it all plays out. I'll be interested to see how Wire does, since i honestly don't know anything about him.

I've heard nothing but great things about Henry in the offseason. He's supposed to be in amazing shape, and the team is expected to use him even more than last year. He rarely got more than 20 carries in 2002, and that's supposed to change.

13. D-Roc

D-Roc Member

^^^^ Henry has reduced his body fat from 10% last season, to right now he's between 3 to 4 %. Campbell's work will come in the red zone, and blocking. BUt he is an able reciever. ANd Henry had over 40 receptions last season with Centers on board, so he can get the job done recieving from the backfield.

This is the most excited I have been for a upcoming Bills seaosn since 98. All the pieces are there, it's just time to put them together.

14. tozai

tozai Member

LOL

15. D-Roc

D-Roc Member

What's so funny? Someone earlier stated that Henry was in amazing shape and I was just giving some details.