1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who are your top 10 players of all time?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by LiLStevie3, Jun 21, 2001.

1. LiLStevie3

LiLStevie3 Member

If you had to rank the top 10 players of all time, who would you choose? Here's my list(in alphabetical order):
    1.Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
    2.Larry Bird
    3.Wilt Chamberlin
    4.Julius Erving
    5.Magic Johnson
    6.Michael Jordan
    7.Hakeem Olajuwon
    8.Oscar Robertson
    9.Bill Russell
    10.Jerry West
    Honarable Mention:Elgin Baylor

------------------
    "I look kind of dumpy. Look at my butt. And what kind of shoes do they have me wearing? At least they got the chinstrap beard right."
    -Kevin Garnett on the KG bobblehead dolls during KG bobblehead doll night at the Target Center

2. Franchisedream

1. Michael Jordan
    2. Magic Johnson
    3. Oscar Robertson
    4. Bill Russel
    5. Hakeem Olajuwon
    6. Wilt Chaimberlin
    7. Julius Erving
    8. Kareem Abdul Jabbar
    9. Bob Cousy
    10. Jerry West
    Honorable mention: Larry Bird

------------------

3. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

1. Wilt Chamberlain
    2. Magic Johnson
    3. Larry Bird
    4. Oscar Robertson
    5. Micheal Jordan
    6. Hakeem Olajuwan
    7. Kareem Abdul Jabbar
    8. Julius Erving
    9. Jerry West
    10. Bill Russell

The order of those greats change daily in my mind. They were all untouchable.

------------------

4. BobFinn*

BobFinn* Contributing Member

1. Russell
    2. Bird
    3. Magic
    4. MJ
    5. Chamberlain
    6. Robertson
    7. Jabbar
    8. Havlicek
    9. Dr. J
    10. Dream

------------------
    When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.-
    Albert Einstein

5. Ren Cooper

Ren Cooper Member

1.Hakeem Olajuwon
    2.Michael Jordan
    3.Oscar Robertson
    4.Magic Johnson
    5.Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
    6.Pete Marovich
    7.Charles Barkley
    8.Bill Russell
    9.Isiah Thomas
    10.Shaquille Oneal

Bird and Wilt OVERATED!!!,IMO

------------------
    AKA Rendiggler

6. getsmartnow

getsmartnow Contributing Member

In no particular order:

Wilt
    Jordan
    Magic
    Dream
    Oscar Robertson
    Kareem
    Bird
    Dr. J
    Drexler
    Russell

Others: Moses Malone, Isiah Thomas, Barkley, Karl Malone.

------------------
    http://titansmania.50megs.com

is far better to ask a question and be a fool for 15 minutes, than to never ask a question and be a fool for the rest of your life."

Confucious say: "Boy who meet girl in park, very lucky. But boy who park meat in girl, extremely lucky!"

7. BobFinn*

It's spelled Maravich. At least get the spelling right.

Now I don't think very highly of your opinion [​IMG]

------------------
    When you are courting a nice girl an hour seems like a second. When you sit on a red-hot cinder a second seems like an hour. That's relativity.-
    Albert Einstein

8. LiLStevie3

LiLStevie3 Member

And yet you have Barkley, Thomas and Oneal as the 8th, 9th, and 10th best players of all time over Bird, Wilt, Jerry West, and others, and Olajuwon as the best player of all time?? [​IMG]

------------------
    "I look kind of dumpy. Look at my butt. And what kind of shoes do they have me wearing? At least they got the chinstrap beard right."
    -Kevin Garnett on the KG bobblehead dolls during KG bobblehead doll night at the Target Center

9. PinetreeFM60

PinetreeFM60 Member

Thomas Hamilton
    Zan Tabak
    Chucky Brown
    Pig Miller
    Pete Chilcutt
    Scotty Brooks
    Bryce Drew
    Brent Price
    Matt Maloney
    Serge Zwikker

I really hated leaving Eldridge Recasner off.

------------------
    "We're having a pretty good time considering one day we're all going to die." Steve Martin, 1976

10. Ren Cooper

Ren Cooper Member

I just knew people would jump down my throat for saying that but thats just my opinion,but I can obviously see people having them on there list,as I know Bird and Wilt is on almost 100% of peoples list,I just dont care for them that much,and I didnt have my list in any order thats just how they came to me.

He asked for MY top 10 players not my top 10 BEST players of all time or Dominate or Clutch!

Maravich is the way I had it spelled 1st but it didnt look right not that Marovich did,but I did know it was spelled wrong and thats pretty bad since hes probably my favorite player of all time besides Dream!

Thomas is my favorite PG of all time maybe Francis will take that over after his carrer ends with the Rockets,I dont know.I love Barkley and think is the most underated of alltime and to think I hated him before he came here.

I will have lots of spelling mistakes but I dont care as long as you know what Im talking about,I will also have grammer and abbreviation mistakes also.

And I dont really know when to use words such as (to,too)and(there,thier)for example,either [​IMG]

Little off topic,HUH!?!

------------------
    AKA Rendiggler

[This message has been edited by Ren Cooper (edited June 22, 2001).]

11. PinetreeFM60

PinetreeFM60 Member

Ren, I'm not making fun of you, but when I read this...

"I will have lots of spelling mistakes but I dont care as long as you know what Im talking about,I will also have grammer and abbreviation mistakes also.

And I dont really know when to use words such as (to,too)and(there,thier)for example,either."

...it reminded me of Chris Farley, as the Motivational Speaker.

"I don't floss my teeth. I don't own a toothbrush. I don't change my clothes regularly. I LIVE IN A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER!"

------------------
    "We're having a pretty good time considering one day we're all going to die." Steve Martin, 1976

12. 4chuckie

4chuckie Member

1. MJ
    2. Wilt
    3. Magic
    4. Big O
    5. Larry
    6. Bill Russell
    7. Shaq
    8. Kareem
    9. Jerry West
    10. Dr. J

13. Ren Cooper

Ren Cooper Member

LOL@PinetreeFM60

I dont care there is know way anyone can offend me,NO WAY.You can say or call me anything,there is know way you can get me mad.

I am actually kind of like Chris just not as big and dont party as much!

Oh and I didnt spell his last name out because I wasent really sure how to spell even though I could have looked at your post [​IMG]

------------------
    AKA Rendiggler

14. BobFinn*

Ren,

I was only joking with you (as I am sure you know) You are entitled to your opinion, no matter what it is.

------------------
    Albert Einstein

15. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Jordan
    Hakeem
    Wilt
    Jabbar
    Magic
    Russell
    Erving
    Clyde
    Moses Malone
    Barkley

I have almost zero respect for players before the 80s. Bird was a pure shooter with hustle, on a team with fantastic chemistry. Overall, I don't think he is one of the best players ever, although he did have some of the best seasons ever.

I feel that the two best players of the 90s would have to be the two best players in history. The competition was just too good in that decade.

------------------
    Protrolls.com!

Save Our Game Action Forum!

16. LiLStevie3

LiLStevie3 Member

ZRB, is that "Clyde" Frazier or Clyde Drexler?
    A funny thing about your post is that you state that you have just about no respect for any player in the 80s, yet you put Moses, Magic, and Kareem(he had good years in the 70s as well) in there, plus players who were drafted in '84 in Barkley, Jordan, and Hakeem(those 3 did have their best years in the 90s), and if it's Drexler, another player drafted in the early 80s. The majority of your list is made of players who played more than 5 years in th 80s....

------------------

17. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

For those that don't know, Ren is the guy in our fantasy basketball league that traded away players so he could build an "all Rockets team". Gotta respect that... kinda screwed the rest of us up, but gotta respect that. [​IMG]

------------------
    "I had mine chewed off by a boss one time." -- Behad leaves us wondering if he gets hazard pay...

18. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

I said almost zero respect for players before the 80s.

I meant Drexler.

------------------
    Protrolls.com!

[This message has been edited by ZRB (edited June 22, 2001).]

19. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

That has got to be the biggest understatement I've ever heard about a basketball player. Although I'd take Magic over Bird, Bird is definitely one of the greats ever.

He was the NBA ROY.
    He was a 12 time All Star.
    He was a 3 time NBA MVP.
    He scored over 40 points 52 times in his career.
    He shot 50% from the field for his career as a "jump shooter".
    He shot near 90% for his career from the FT line.
    He was a SF that averaged 10 rebs for his career.

His career stats :

24 ppg, 10 rebs, 6 assists, 1.7 steals.

I'd be happy if one of our forwards could do that for 1 season muchless a career.

He was a great shooter with hustle. Yup. And that resulted in one of the greatest players to grace a basketball court. He lit people up simply because he knew how to get open and get his shot off, not because of any athleticism he had.

From looking at your list of greats, I'd say he was better than Clyde and he was better than Erving.

------------------
    "I had mine chewed off by a boss one time." -- Behad leaves us wondering if he gets hazard pay...

20. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Well, maybe he's number 11 on the list.

------------------
    Protrolls.com!