1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

White Author launches career on lie, won't apologize after conviction overturned 39 years later.

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Mr.Scarface, Nov 24, 2021.

1. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

coachbadlee and FrontRunner like this.
  2. jiggyfly

jiggyfly Member

She admits in her book that out of the five Black men presented, she picked a different man because "the expression in his eyes told me that if we were alone, if there were no wall between us, he would call me by name and then kill me."

She said it dawned on her moments later she had picked the wrong man because they looked "almost identical". She would later identify Broadwater in court.

FrontRunner likes this.
  3. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Shout out to the white Netflix producer who got this ball rolling. The wrongly convicted gentleman deserves a lot more than just his dignity back. He should sue the b****.

coachbadlee, jiggyfly and FrontRunner like this.
  4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

What a ****ing POS

FrontRunner likes this.
  5. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

The system is capitalist.

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I haven't read this article but another article I read about this story said he is suing both Sebold and the producers of "The Lovely Bones".

7. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I think black men getting rail roaded is as much about poverty as well as race in terms of quality of legal representation. It's also about education as its important the accused understand what to say and not say during a trial.

8. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

U
    I'm sure race played a role but the junk science is probably what was the key factor. It said he was at the scene, it wasn't just the identification

9. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I think being black makes it more likely you enter the system. Being poor prevents you from escaping it.

10. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

I hope he sues for everything she has got.

11. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

12. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Both sides agree white women can be devilishly sneaky

13. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Black people commit crime at a higher rate. We have to stop blaming institutional racism. Hispanics have passed blacks in wealth but they have never had the criminal problems with their young men that blacks have experienced the last 40 years.

Cases like this are a distraction. Unfortunately these have happened to blacks way to often but they are stillvery rare. They in no way represent what the every day problems are that lead to why so many black men are in the criminal justice system

14. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

The numbers do show that black people commit more crime than other races in America. However your experience must be different than the black people I hang with (mostly upper middle class) because they get pulled over way more often than I do for stupid reasons like having a nice sporty car that "look above their means."

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  15. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Even if that's true nothing happened because they aren't criminals.

Do any have felonies?

What were their childhood homes like

#15 pgabriel, Nov 29, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2021