1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where will Andre Johnson end up?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by HouStu_Rocket, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I wish I could be genuinely positive but the Texans Organization and their stupid tactics prohibits that.

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well that's fine, given that you had to be told a few days ago who the Texans were playing this season...info that has been out for a REALLY long time, I'd guess that a lack of information on your part also prohibits that.

3. Uprising

Uprising Contributing Member

But as for him and Houston....money was important.

Oh well.....

Good luck over all.....but get F'd when facing the Texans.

4. DieHard Rocket

DieHard Rocket Contributing Member

I wish Andre well. He is my favorite Texan of all time.

I don't think this was done to get revenge on Houston, but instead to simply play with the team that had the best QB among his suitors.

And it may seem bitter to say this here, but f*** it...IIRC Andre did cost us a game, maybe two last year with fumbles/drops at crucial times. I always overlooked that stuff from him because of what he's done, but he has not been one for stepping up in the clutch.

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Cut the bs the whole point of everything should be putting together a winning team and succeeding by winning. Who the texans play is irrelevant and should be irrelevant when your truly putting together a championship team. No matter what I say, you say or anybody in the city of Houston says the results for this franchise speaks for itself. It's frustrating and a lot of it is down right stupid. Just a slap in the face to all true texans fans. Got all these people currently waiting and waiting for a Vince Wilfork signing man c'mon.

6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I could see how a casual fan would have that impression.

7. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

LOL, are you the tinman of the Texans subforum?

8. Airdough

Airdough Member

No, pretty sure he's basketballholic's doppleganger.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL, of course not. Tinman's #1 accomplishment in life was that he joined CF in 1999 and that's pretty much all he talks about, I don't think I've mentioned when I joined this site even once....in fact I don't even remember the year off the top of my head because it's irrelevant.

10. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

I know it's hard to accept the truth but maybe it will take you a few more offseasons and seasons of witnessing the carelessness and dumb decisions that lead to failure. It is what it is. It's a quarterbacks league if you have a great one you can afford to bs during free agency but the Texans are with a great qb while also creating more glaring holes then the glaring holes they already had. I feel bad for these loyal faithful texans fans spending all this money to get slapped in the face repeatedly.

11. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

You implied that you are not a loyal Houston fan. Good for you. Some of us are.

We're winning at least 10 games barring injuries.

12. Airdough

Airdough Member

If he doesn't fumble in that Colts game, the Texans might have been in the playoffs and we might be looking at a completely different kind of off-season. An off-season that might include him staying and wanting to stay.

He also wants to be a hall of famer and he realizes he can't get there without a great QB throwing to him. He took less money than the Chargers were offering but he has a better QB and better Number 1 receiver playing opposite him. Rivers is good QB but Keenan Allen is a rich man's possession receiver, which is what Andre is at this stage of his career. He needs a Hilton to take the deeper safety coverage so he has more one on one opportunities in the intermediate parts of the field.

13. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Andre Johnson was due to make $11.5 million this year. Per source, he got $10 million fully guaranteed from the Colts.</p>&mdash; ProFootballTalk (@ProFootballTalk) <a href="https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/575776781212516352">March 11, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

14. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Oh ok lol

15. sammy

Hate to pile on but the fact that you didn't know the schedule looks like kinda makes you look like a casual football fan.

16. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

This is what I would expect Irsay's office to look like. Cigs, a stupid amount of space, and a big chrome briefcase with who knows what in it.

[​IMG]

17. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Yeah I understand the texans are so bad that's all yall have to go to right now. Something that doesn't have anything to do with why the Texans are in the state their in. That's so sad. Maybe the organization can do something to give the fans something real to talk about other than Clowney getting bit by DJ swearinger dog.

18. justafriend

justafriend Member

I hope the Texans will have the balls not to retire his number and all that ****, guess that's a pipe dream though.

19. Hey Now!

Hey Now! Contributing Member

Yes, I'm sure their third receiving option is going 160/2,144/16. Uh-huh........

20. sammy

Keep diggin bro. You're not making any sense. SMH.