1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where will Andre Johnson end up?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by HouStu_Rocket, Mar 10, 2015.

1. Nimo

Nimo Member

[​IMG]

2. justafriend

justafriend Member

The Colts are our biggest rival, I was rolling with a silly analogy that wasn't mine. He could have gone elsewhere for more $. And the idea that he's been nothing but class is pretty laughable when he's been whining for years now and has left the field before the end of the game. Nothing that's a big deal to me, but that is not nothing but class. Regardless if you're rooting for a Colts player you are the lousy Texans fan.

3. Juxtaposed Jolt

You're telling me it wouldn't be frustrating to be as gifted as AJ is, only to have your prime burned out by Carr / Schaub / carousel? That it wouldn't break you down mentally over the course of 10 or so years to have your time wasted, while lesser receivers win championships because they had the better QB?

He hasn't been whining for years. Where do you even get that information? iirc, he had one single outburst against Schaub, and apparently that erases the goodness of his entire tenure here? Wow.

The career of a NFL (non-QB, K, P, etc) is pretty short. You usually have about 15 or so years, give or take, before a decline. And, unfortunately, we just couldn't win in AJ's prime.

I'm also not sure where I said I was rooting for him. I feel indifferent towards him, and I want the Colts to lose. I just don't understand the hate a lot of you have.

Bottom line? It wasn't like he was born in Houston, played college for UH, and was drafted to Houston as the homegrown hero that LeBron was for Ohio. He didn't chummy with Irsay / Colts FO during a period where we were in talks to resign him.

You guys need to take off your LeBron/Parsons colored glasses.

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

^ *He wasn't chummy with Irsay / Colts FO during a period where we were in talks to resign him like Parsons-Cuban.

5. Brando2101

Brando2101 Contributing Member

You are conveniently glossing over the fact that he signed with a AFC championship team that plays in one of the worst divisions in football with one of the best young QBs. Perhaps that played into his decision more than money. You guys are so blind if you think that any man is going to move to a new city for 3 years in the twilight of his career out of spite for someone or something else. You think he's going to wake up and walk in the snow everyday and say, "that'll show em..."

Do you think Andre would have signed with the colts if they were 8-8?

6. justafriend

justafriend Member

I don't fail to see Andre's perspective. But from my diehard Texans fan perspective, going to the Colts is inexcusable if he wanted to retain any love/respect here. It's easy to understand why that wasn't a factor to him, but if he doesn't put any value on his time with the Texans why should I.

7. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

Not really. Colts are essentially guaranteeing Dre $14MM in the first two years.... that is insane for a 34 year old non QB.

8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Actually he really could have, the reports were that his next stop, San Diego was offering more than Indy was, but he only had eyes for the Colts for reasons having nothing to do with the fact that they are the Texans biggest rival.....

9. rocketpower2

rocketpower2 Member

I have zero doubt that Indy was offering the most guaranteed money. That's all I am going to say about that.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

And it's been reported that isn't the case so you can go on believing whatever you want, but it won't make it accurate.