1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where do you stand on LMA?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rox>Mavs, Jul 1, 2015.

Tags:
?

What do you want to do?

1. Get LMA whatever the cost outside of H&H

111 vote(s)
    46.8%
  2. I don't care for LMA, let's just stick with our guys and get a PG

77 vote(s)
    32.5%
  3. Anywhere but the Spurs

49 vote(s)
    20.7%
  1. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

I'm curious if how many people actually want LMA even if it means clearing out our assets/losing Ariza or how many people just don't want him to go to the Spurs.

Simple question:
    What's most important to you?

A) Getting LMA even if it costs Ariza/major pieces/losing flexibility
    B) Keeping our core team and adding a starting PG/keep our assets and flexibility to improve elsewhere
    C) LMA signing with LAL or some other team

I'm going with B. Screw the Spurs but I want what's best for the Rox and think we'll still be better than them.

2. PinkTacos

PinkTacos Member

Hard to have a accurate poll now that we know he is most likely going to the Spurs...

3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Plan B is my preference, and I am sure of lots of others. We are not desperate at the 4 spot, provided if Smith comes back cheaply, and if D-Mo gets healthy.

Morey should re-sign Smith quickly, and stop chasing Kevin Love too.

4. tdo

tdo Member

Yea a little late with the poll. It seems it would be a minor miracle if he didn't sign with the Spurs at this point.

5. Rox>Mavs

right and the reactions seem at times more about the just not wanting to go to the Spurs...

6. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Not really. I've had some hesitation about what it would cost to get him in a S&T. If the only valuable piece we gave up was Ariza, ok. Then you do that deal. But if it was gonna take D-Mo and/or Capela, I would've been more on the fence about it.

I'm fine with him choosing the Spurs. They're giving up a lot of their bench and their starting center in order to fit him in. They're no lock for the Finals. The Rockets just need to concern themselves with their own free agents and a PG.

7. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

Probably his shoulders since they are broad. Quads if he squats for more stability.

2 people like this.
  8. verysimplejason

He's perfect for small ball mode without Howard in the closing moments...

9. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

I stand up to his chest, probably

1 person likes this.
  10. J.R.

J.R. Member

1. LaMarcus is gone to San Antonio, just like we all thought. Worst kept secret.
    2. If you told me the roster/rotation was something like this:

I'd probably pass.

But not possibly better on the flip side. Someone could offer Beverley/Brewer/Smith $7-8-9-10 million and you decide to pass and let them move on. You're not better off.

3. Yes, anywhere but San Antonio. Go ahead, stay in Portland. Or LA. Or wherever.

11. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Probably his higher belt area, I'm 5'5

12. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

You forgot Harrell.

13. mercy road

mercy road Member

I am standing about 90 miles East of where LMA will be next season. You?

14. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

This is a moot point since he's going to the spurts, but....

I give up D-Mo and Capela for LMA in a SECOND. D-Mo is coming off back surgery and Capala will most likely never be much more than a rotation player. LMA is a legit superstar and we were 3 games away from (most likely) winning a championship a few months ago. This would be the time to go all-in. The team that gets the best player in a trade wins the trade every time - at least in the short term. And we're close enough right now to be thinking in the short term, in my flea bitten opinion.

But again....moot point. :)

15. OpenLayup-Why3?

I have given absolute zero thought about LMA wearing Rockets tomato jersey, because it was obvious long ago he's going to Spurs.

16. koby1868

koby1868 Member

I agree that it will be hard to get an accurate poll with the odds of him going to SA increasing by the second.

I voted for going all in for LMA with anything outside of H&H. My reasoning behind this is simple. Miami went to the finals and won with a core group of 3 stars and that was enough to make it happen. Why would that be any different for the Rockets? I think anyone on Clutchfans would agree that LMA, Howard (Healthy) and Harden is superior to Wade, Bosh and Lebron. If we are able to retain our free agents and lose Ariza as part of the deal so be it. Would we still be able to sign Llull with the MLE?

Trade: Ariza, Papa, Jones, Prig plus some future picks? Not sure if that's even possible just spit balling.

Bev/Llull
    Harden/Terry
    Brewer/Dekker
    D-Mo/Josh Smith
    Howard/Capela

17. Rox>Mavs

yeah I should have redefined the poll. This isn't so much a question about LMA but more do you deplete your roster for a Big 3 or stick with H&H and fill it out with a deep bench.

As someone else mentioned the Spurs will have a stacked starting 5, but their old and one injury away of TD or TP from being screwed with no bench.

18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'd be ready to flip a bunch of our assets for LMA. But, I never thought we had any shot at him, so I haven't worried about it. If it was effectively Ariza, Jones, Johnson, and Dorsey for Aldridge as JR suggested, hell yeah I'd do that. But that's not going to happen.

19. clutz

clutz Member

His windpipe? ;)

20. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Give a trio of Harden/Howard/Aldridge three healthy years and they definitely win at least one championship.