1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where can I buy video game or propaganda style reproduction posters?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by YaosDirtyStache, Mar 25, 2012.

1. YaosDirtyStache

I really want to buy some video game or propaganda styled posters but I dont know where...anyone have any insight?
    I am a creature of instant gratification so I dont want to do the online ordering shtick. I would prefer to buy them in person. Thank you in advance, in exchange for an answer you will get a nice rep worth a minimum of

5 POINTS

2. SwoLy-D

SwoLy-D Contributing Member

The_Yoyo?

He might know, I mean. Or, are you looking for the ones of the newer or older movies?

I used to work at a Video Store on 17th and Shepherd where we used to just give tons of those away to our good customers and in promotions... (rent four, get a poster, etc.). You might want to call theaters or just movie companies. I am sure they have local distributors and can probably mail you some for free (they like advertising for nothing).

Good luck. :cool:

1 person likes this.
  3. YaosDirtyStache

Thank you Mr D, ILY.

4. victorx91

victorx91 Member

I've bought a few posters from stores such as F.Y.E. and Walmart... Don't know if their selection is one that you would like to have, but the F.Y.E's I've been to have had a wide selection. Walmart's always has a lot of Justin Bieber posters and whatnot, but there's the few video game and movie posters there.

1 person likes this.
  5. YaosDirtyStache

I am bumping this for ONE LAST TRY at info

6. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I would know? Thanks SwoLy-D :)

I have a few different posters in terms of what you are looking for I have always found that hobby/comic conventions are the best place. As for the Houston area I have no idea where there would be one on a somewhat regular basis. They have one weekly here in LA (I believe its the largest regular hobby convention west of the mississippi) but they have all sorts of memorabilia, collectible toys, video games, movies etc. and B-list celebs signing autographs.

The posters I saw there were all of the standard 27x40 variety -

You may find a smaller seclection at aahs! but again I dont know if that novelty store chain has locations in the Houston area.