1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Where are the tax cuts?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Ubiquitin, Feb 8, 2017.

1. dmoneybangbang

On a bill that was about to be voted on that would dramatically alter tax structures and funding for social programs....

Don't insult us with the crap.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Law of the jungle says there's winners and losers. Connies only care when they win lopsidedly (easier to tell that way). b**** and moan about unfairness when they feel like they don't and are forced to "compromise".

Coffee is for closers!

4. pirc1

pirc1 Contributing Member

Let's see if the voters get any smarter in 2018 or not.

5. TheresTheDagger

Now I know they got it right if Joy Reid dislikes it.

RocketsLegend likes this.
  6. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Trump first big win and the liberals are not happy. Great night.

7. dandorotik

dandorotik Contributing Member

Well, apparently it helps me as my business earns under $500K per year, so I get benefits. So, good for me.

But I'm not sure if this is good for a lot of people in the lower and mid socioeconomic region. You seem to be happy for this solely b/c it means that Trump "won" regardless of the effect this will have on the majority of American people. Very revealing that this is your immediate reaction to the passing of this- not how it benefits the American people, but how liberals react.

I haven't really researched it, but it seems that a majority (whether large or small) of the American people are not going to be happy with this.

November 2018, we'll see.

I will say this, though. The liberals like Bernie Sanders who are saying things "this is one of the great robberies..." and things like that need to tone it down. If you're unhappy about something, the best thing to do is non-hyperbolize your feelings. I understand the anger, but at some point, we have to get to the stage where we don't get outraged at everything (and that's advice that applies to me, as well).

The Republicans have the majority in Congress, and this is a result of that, fair and square. If us dems and libs don't like it, the way you fix it is take back the House.

#407 dandorotik, Dec 2, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

It only took nearly a year and multiple failures along the way, but Trump finally got a "big win".

Do you even know what this tax bill includes and how it affects you, personally? lol.

9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Or if you REALLY want to decrease the deficit, start by not supporting tax bills that actually increase it.

10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

I have to hire an accountant and get mines now.

Should've done this a long time ago anyways.

Cheers mouthbreathers. A warm open can o' urine smelling Pabsts is on me.

B-Bob likes this.
  11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

John McCain is a total fraud.

"Regular order" = midnight money grab with no hearings, no analysis, with handwritten amendments over a 1.5 trillion dollar bill that nobody read.

I can't say I didn't expect it. He has done this before.

Hakeemtheking and B-Bob like this.
  12. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Sam - you are truly the pinnacle of hypocrisy after you make these comments, yet were cool with the dems ram-rodding the health care bill through.

13. dmoneybangbang

Only time will tell the results of this bill.

I feel this will make this country weaker as I think the most dangerous aspect is cutting social services in order to pay for tax cuts at a time when SSN and Medicare are about to balloon and in the midst of a historical stock market run.

Low interests and lower taxes will only make the inevitable recession (historically every 7-9 years) worse as many of the monetary tools will not be as effective. When this inevitable recession happens, since taxes are lower, it will add further to the debt than had we done nothing with taxes. Unless you assume like many think tanks that we won't have a recession from 2008-2028 in order to make the math serviceable on this....

14. bigtexxx

bigtexxx Contributing Member

Here's a common sense proposal - if you are upset about tax cuts, then there is nothing stopping you from paying more taxes to the IRS. They will gladly accept your higher tax checks. If the liberals were serious, then they would develop a grassroots campaign to pay more taxes than they owe.

Otherwise, all they care about is for other people besides themselves to pay more taxes.

TheresTheDagger likes this.
  15. NewRoxFan

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  16. NewRoxFan

Actually, any complaint you have about how the Affordable Healthcare Act was passed was and is now completely the height of hypocrisy. And you just admitted it with your post. And any criticism of ACA is open to ridicule, since this bill and trump/republican process to pass it is far worse. Which is an undeniable fact.

B-Bob likes this.
  17. Phillyrocket

Phillyrocket Member

The common sense proposal would be to treat these corporate tax cuts like tax abatements are handled for local municipalities. Institute economic incentive agreements with clawback provisions. Conservatives for some reason believe that you can “unburden” business by rolling back regulations or cutting their taxes and magically they will do the right intended thing. History has shown again and again they do not. If the intention is to create jobs and economic growth then simply offer to reduce their taxes in exchange for verified proof of an increase in payroll or capital investment. Cities and counties do this all the time. If they lay everyone off they have to pay it back. This way business has more money to expand and the US gets more jobs. But do not just hand them the cuts no strings attached. That’s beyond asinine.

B-Bob likes this.
  18. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

The Senate debated the full ACA bill for 25 days before it passed. Seems different than a midnight passage of a bill that was being scrambled to be written and that wasn't made available to be read. I will give you that the ACA had absolutely zero support from the Republicans and passed anyway, but they were at least allowed to look at the bill throughout the process prior to it being brought to a vote.

B-Bob likes this.
  19. NewRoxFan

Apparently we are no longer in debt crisis, or debt doesn't bring down empires

20. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Please stop debating the troll. He’s off his rocker today and knows liberals will be pissed and nothing gets Wingnuts off like going after liberals when they are mad.

The GOP was always going to push through another Bush Tax Cut on steroids and preach trickle down because that’s what they do. It’s the vein of their existence and if they don’t pass it their donors won’t fund them going into 18.

Hillary spoke at length about what the Trump tax bill would look like for months on the campaign trail and during the debates and it was pretty much spot on. So we knew this would happen.

However i will say this... the GOP just signed the Dem campaign slogan for 18. You cannot more clearly define the Republican ideology for an easy to digest (super important for modern politics with hot take voters) and easily repeatable.

More than anything I see this as the baby boomer well off white men in power trying to burn down the house on the way out like poutty entitled b****es. It’s a generational thing and the Millenial generation is going to have a very different philosophical approach to our society and government for better or worse. The baby boomers are just getting theirs on the way out the door and the next generation of leaders and politicians have a hell of a mess to clean up these next 20 years. This tax bill will probably be a small part of that but elections have consequences.

#420 dobro1229, Dec 2, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
    Invisible Fan and B-Bob like this.