1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When Will the Rockets Get Their First 10+ Point Win?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jank1434, Dec 3, 2015.

1. jank1434

jank1434 Contributing Member

Not that it really matters, but the Rockets have played 19 games to start the season with 0 double digit wins. This is the longest streak in franchise history to start the season. The previous streak was owned by the 1987-88 Rockets (had their first 10+ point victory in the 16th game of the season).

How long until the Rockets register a dominating victory? Perhaps a performance like that will kick start this team towards a nice stretch of games.

Upcoming Schedule:
    @ Dallas
    v Sacramento
    @ Brooklyn
    @ Washington
    v Los Angeles Lakers
    @ Denver
    @ Sacramento
    @ Los Angeles Lakers
    v Los Angeles Clippers
    v Charlotte
    @ Orlando

2. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

3. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

That's what I was thinking .... They struggle to score and play bad defense most of the time too. That isn't a recipe for building and maintaining big leads.

4. NickKent

NickKent Member

Can we stop threads where we post the upcoming schedule for the next 10-20 games?

5. ibm

ibm Member

in my reckoning we'd be able to get to .500 or a tad better after december. the question is if that's gonna be good enough, 'cause the going gets tougher after that...

6. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

NONE of those teams are contenders, so don't sweat it. We'll win all of those by 10+, probably by 20 or 30, no problem.

1 person likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Usually the winning team will have to click on both ends and the opposing team either have a bad or mediocre outing

thus leading to blowouts

8. OpenLayup-Why3?

First DMo's game will be 10+ win

9. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

versus each other in scrimmage. whichever team has jones/brewer will lose by more than 10

11. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

I don't know, all of those teams look like legit powerhouses in the NBA. Rockets should be underdogs by 10 points in each of them. I predict we'll go winless through that stretch.

12. Camarograna2

Camarograna2 Contributing Member

i see what u did there

13. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I think it does matter, and I'd go further and say it is more telling of how bad this team has played then even their record.

14. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I concur with this idea. The Rox just are not all there yet and it doesn't help knowing they have to play a legit NBA team every single game. Wish there was a policy where they could play D-League teams and it counts as a win towards their record.