1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When will Morey get the Beard help?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cashmoney, Nov 1, 2016.

?

Will he? And when?

1. December trade line

13 vote(s)
    28.3%
  2. Upcoming free agency

11 vote(s)
    23.9%
  3. Not for two or so years

1 vote(s)
    2.2%
  4. He will fail to do so

21 vote(s)
    45.7%
  5. *** Trade deadline

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Eric Gordon has been an awesome addition and welcomed with open arms. Yes, Morey brought us Harden and then he paired Dwight with him. I never liked the fit and thought the league was going in a different direction, but admittedly I was still hyped when dwight put pen to paper.

Fast forward to now: we have some better shooters, but it's nowhere near enough. Harden put a LOT of faith in Morey and the front office by signing the extension, to bide Morey more time to put a contender together.

I've enjoyed our hustle and defensive intensity for the most part, but the unfortunate truth is, more rest on Harden's shoulders than ever before, and he carries the biggest load in the league along with Davis.

All in all, our front office has failed to put a legitimate star or all star wing next to Harden. As much as I rag on Ariza about his inconsistency, I love his loyalty on the court and his effort, so ideally I'd like to keep him on the bench or for small ball.

Granted, we have few assets that are appealing, and that's going to be difficult to change. But My question/discussion is: when will Morey finally get that 'right' player next to Harden?

We've seen what he can do next to talented players (Parsons and Gordon come to mind). My dream move would be to acquire Paul George. Harden, George and Gordon would be an amazing trio (assuming gordon is still around). Griffin is an UFA this off season.

Or if acquiring such a player is simply impossible: should Morey focus on the next tier down or up and coming players with potential? Such as Khris Middleton and T.J. Warren etc.

There's only so many more years that Harden can produce at this level, his effort on d has improved as has the whole teams. I know he can win a chip but he needs talent. We are wasting his best years.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I wonder what we can get this year for the rights to Sergei Lishouk.

Might have to package his rights with Cashmoney though.

#2 heypartner, Nov 1, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2016
    Cashmoney likes this.
  3. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

I'm flattered, that means I am worth more than Brewer

4. heypartner

True story: The Rockets traded the rights to Sergei Lishouk and cash money for Corey Brewer.

DonKnock and Cashmoney like this.
  5. Rocket_ph

Rocket_ph Member

is Blake griffin attainable? he's game is a better fit to our system

6. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

I would take Brewer in a three point contest, too easy. I'm also healthier than a former taco bell skills contest winner so surely I am worth more than that. This is downright appalling. HP treats his posters like assets.

heypartner likes this.
  7. Harden's beard

This is not a rocket science. We desperately need a 2nd star. We haven't had one since Dwight's first year here, and it's completely unfair to come to premature conclusions as to how far Harden can really take this team w/o actually pairing him with 1 or 2 additional star players. Every good team is structured in this way, I'm so sick and tired of seeing one-man-Harden-show (as great as he is), and people blaming him when this team comes short of their unreasonably high expectations.

dragonwill and Cashmoney like this.
  8. heypartner

btw: Shouldn't the poll say Feb 16th Trade Deadline?

9. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

LOL, my bad. Cheers for that I'll fix it up, pretty tired. Sloppy like brewer's handles

10. Wolverrines

Wolverrines Member

Texans don't have the assets needed to land a big name via trade so it has to be free agency. Doubt they can land Griffin so I say look into Hayward

ramotadab likes this.
  11. Bo6

Bo6 Member

blake griffin is already too close to hollywood to come to houston...

would be sick tho

12. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

It's been 4 games

ramotadab likes this.
  13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

so . . . you're saying Dwight was a star? :cool:

14. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

We'll see. Last year's dumpster fire made it very hard. We need to become a place where guys want to play again.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  15. craguin

craguin Member

The February trade deadline has been on the Thursday following the All-Star weekend. Is it different this season?
    2016-17 NBA KEY DATES - February 17-19, 2017 - NBA All-Star 2017 (New Orleans, Louisiana)

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dwight and Ariza weren't help?

17. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Hardens dream team:

Harden
    Gordon
    Crowder
    Aldridge
    Biyombo

18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

WTF you tokin bout??

Egg ball forums ====================================================>

19. jeevinesh

jeevinesh Member

I actually don't think Harden really cares that intensely about winning.. He parties regardless of a win or loss.. I'm not criticising him, just stating the obvious that not every superstar needs to want to win it all

ramotadab likes this.
  20. hakeemthagreat

I kinda believe this. It's almost like aslong as he gets his 44pts &15 assist he's okay with losing. I think Harden's energy is more geared toward the fame that comes with being a great player