1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

When Cruz Makes His Move, Watch Out

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by MojoMan, Nov 24, 2015.

1. MojoMan

MojoMan Member

In the early decades of our nation, if a candidate had behaved like Donald Trump did during a contest like this, a challenge for a duel would have been made and Trump would have likely had his campaign ended with his brains splattered across a grass field somewhere.

But being a reasonable man of remarkable composure, Ted Cruz just restricted himself to not endorsing this world-class turd of a man and encouraged others to "vote their conscience." Which if it were possible to vote for Donald Trump in good conscience, would not have bothered anyone.

There is no way that Ted Cruz could have honorably endorsed Donald Trump after Donald Trump's disgracefully dishonorable behavior towards Cruz, his wife, and his father, not to mention a great many other people. And it is preposterously selfish and tribal in an almost psychotic sort for anyone to have expected him to do so.

He didn't endorse Trump and he should not have. Trump has nobody but himself to blame, as he earned the treatment that he got, right out in the open for everyone to see. What comes around, goes around. Trump is reaping what he has sown.

2. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

lol... gop candidate supporters talking about duels.

3. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

So... this was his move?

4. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

His bowel move.

5. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

said it in the other thread but when Trump loses, Cruz will have the power in the party and the toadies will be held complicit

6. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

I don't think so. Cruz shot himself in the foot with the RNC and his style of tea party quasi-religious obstructionist wingnutism is on the wane.

7. NewRoxFan

I also questions this. He will be seen as a "loser" having lost to Trump in the previous election. And some will view him as a "bad loser".

But whatever... I shake my head at the GOP tendency to keep thinking they are losing because their candidates are not "conservative: enough. So as a result they trot out further and further extremist candidates. And in the process less and less likable candidates.

8. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

let me qualify then... he will be the strength of Christian Conservatives very possibly splitting off from the GOP

I think the campaign will prove Trumps fraud to evangelicals (as if just his marital history shouldn't by itself)

The backlash on the RNC will be that they sold out to sensationalism (though they really had no choice)

9. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Donald Trump is a genius.. on the day Hillary is supposed to 'steal the thunder' and announce a VP pick he blasts Cruz and takes over the spotlight

10. NewRoxFan

LOL... maybe Ted Cruz should watch out!"

11. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Man I would be so happy to go vote for Perry to beat Cruz in a primary.

12. NewRoxFan

LOL, me too. Perry is simply an idiot. Cruz may not be an idiot, but he is dangerous in his thinking and approach. And since Trump won't win, Perry won't have any extra "powers" in the senate.

Hopefully Democrats will nominate a good candidate (one of the Castro brothers?). Makes me miss Kay Bailey Hutchinson...

13. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Saw an interview with the Castro brothers not that long ago. Julian didn't seem interested but it was clear that Joaquin was. I could see Julian make a run at governor.

14. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'd be happy for Cruz to see a legitimate primary challenger, if only because I can't point to anything he's done as the representative from Texas. It feels like he's been campaigning for president since he joined the Senate.

15. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

and his move is to endorse Trump.

Cruz now sees Trump with a great chance of winning and now he needs to save his political career.

16. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Ted Cruz liking the boot of the man who called his dad a murder.

What a cuck

17. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Trump always wins. ALWAYS!

18. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

Country before feelings.

19. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

So much for that sliver of respect Cruz got at the convention.

20. NewRoxFan

Politics before integrity.