1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's your typical pizza order?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by dharocks, Jul 29, 2016.

1. BrieflySpeaking

BrieflySpeaking Contributing Member

Hawaiian style, bishes

2. jacoby

jacoby Member

Vegan style.

3. Buck Turgidson

I'm not going to drive 5 hours for a pizza, thanks though.

4. grt004

grt004 Member

Margarita

5. Buck Turgidson

Has anyone ever had a "Detroit Style" pizza? It's apparently a whole bunch of stuff on top of a rectangle of focaccia-type crust.

6. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

I like thin crust, cheese pizza, with a lot of crushed red pepper seeds. I'm good with that. Double cheese is fine, too.

When ordering with a group, I don't like the long discussions, especially if they degenerate into egalitarian principles of splitting the pizza in half. So, I just say anything is fine, with one veto: pineapple.

Honestly, I'm good with anything (except warm pineapple on anything), but DON"T FORGET the crushed red pepper seeds if we are getting delivery or pickup. That pisses me off, especially after being the easy one of the group -- crushed red pepper is an ingredient!! in a packet. Don't forget it, dammit. :grin:

I feel like I'll one day regret sharing this. We'll have some CFnet party after winning the title, and we'll order pizza with every possible combination to please the group, but you guys will hide the red pepper flakes from me.

7. Supermac34

Supermac34 President, Von Wafer Fan Club

I normally like simple pizzas. Pepperoni or even plain cheese. I don't like "meat lovers" pizzas or anything too deluxe as it can get soggy.

My one wild card: banana peppers and black olives. Thank me later.

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

You realize you don't sound easy going about this at all right? hahaha :grin:

9. Asian Sensation

You must be a blast at parties.

10. Buck Turgidson

Maybe, maybe no, but he's not wrong.

Anyone who puts pineapple on a pizza deserves to be pistol-whipped.

11. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

:confused: I said I'm the easiest one to please. I'll take anything, to the point I don't need to be part of discussion. Just don't forget the damn pepper flakes on the side. :grin:

12. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

1st Tier choices:
    extra cheese
    feta cheese
    olives
    spinach
    goat cheese

2nd Tier Olives:
    Italian sausages
    radish
    [​IMG]

Sorry Mikey, I love anchovies.
    If I'm in the right mood, meatballs.

Type of pizza/bread:
    1. Chicago deep dish (pizza pie, more or less)
    2. Flat Bread pizza
    3. Sicilian Pizza

1 person likes this.
  13. Buck Turgidson

Anchovy paste is a key secret ingredient to all kinds of italian deliciousness.

14. plutoblue11

plutoblue11 Member

I had a certain revulsion towards Hawaiian pizza for years. I was like how could anyone eat that. But, then I finally tried it, while it's not my favorite pizza in the world ... it does have certain tang to it.

15. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is my goto.

16. Asian Sensation

Pineapple is what makes the pizza. When you have cheese and fatty meats you gotta mix in a little sweetness. Sweet and savory it's a natural combo. Add a kick with some jalapeno and that's a party in the mouth.

17. Hustle Town

Hustle Town Contributing Member

The best New York pizza beats the best Chicago pizza in my book. As far as toppings, i usually stick to pepperoni or cheese/fresh mozzarella.

18. VooDooPope

VooDooPope Love > Hate
    Supporting Member

I loved eating Star Pizza back in the day. Unfortunately I haven't found a place in Austin I'd recommend. I always had a good experience at the Austin Pizza Garden when I worked over in Oak Hill because it was always freshly made dough and ingredients, but it's way to far for me to go for pizza now.

19. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Damn straight, I think the vast majority of people who complain about it have never tried it. I was hesitant myself, now it's my second favorite topping after pepperoni. Not a fan of ham though, so I don't go true Hawaiian.

I change it up, but usually pepperoni and pineapple, or pepperoni and chicken. Always with extra cheese.

20. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

I would be interested to see just how big the pineapple topping on pizza hate is. I can understand certain combos of toppings that don't lend well to having pineapple. But, there's also the people that don't want anything sweet on their pizza....including any tomato sauces that are on the sweet side. I'm a fan of pineapple and think it works well with Italian sausage, ham, chicken, bacon, and/or some veggies.

My favorite pizza at the moment is ones from Grimaldi's cooked in that coal brick-oven of theirs. But, I like it even better eating leftover slices after it's been in the refrigerator and then I eat it cold. My taste buds work better eating cold pizza versus straight out of the oven. I think my liking it cold also has something to do with solidifying the fats in the cheese, etc. .