1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What's Your All-Time Favorite Arcade Game?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Xerobull, Jun 11, 2020.

1. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Oh yeah that looks sick.

2. likestohypeguy

I've always loved the look of vector graphics, and the feel of a trackball or spinner rotary knob- tempest, quantum, tac/scan, zektor.

Kind of an obscure oddball one, I loved probably as much for accessibility than any good reason- Pioneer Balloon.

3. Xerobull

Xerobull You son of a b!tch! I'm in!

The knockoffs you're talking about at Walmart are Arcade1up (they aren't knockoffs, they're licensed). The one in my post above is full sized.

You might want to haggle with your guy. The emergence of Arcade1up and the above Legends Ultimate along with being able to run an emulator on a $50 Raspberry Pi have driven demand and prices down for home built arcade cabinets. Speaking of, the Legends Ultimate above accepts a Raspberry Pi as an input and allows you to use the controls via bluetooth.

If you're DIY inclined, you can get a 'flat pack' of pre-cut arcade cabinet pieces for cheap. There's a guy in Clear Lake who sells bartop flatpacks for $120.

Then you add in your controls, raspberry pi, graphics or paint, monitor. You can keep it under $400 this way.

4. mikol13

Supporting Member

Yeah I meant the actual unit itself at WM, it’s not made of the best material. Not talking about gameplay.

Went back and checked and I paid $400, not 600 like I thought. I’m more than happy with it being 60 games.

How many games can you get on the unit you’re talking about? I’m interested in looking into it for sure.

5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Is there any way you can make the game play itself?

[​IMG]

Buck Turgidson and mikol13 like this.
  6. Xerobull

I added 1400 arcade games. You can also add old school consoles like NES SNES and their Sega counterparts.

7. likestohypeguy

"the only winning move is not to play."

B-Bob and FrontRunner like this.
  8. Xerobull

I get the joke but on arcade machines it's called 'Attract Mode' :p

9. mikol13

Supporting Member

Amazeballs. That’s crazy.

game play is same as arcade?

10. likestohypeguy

What's better about the one at sams, over the one at wm?

11. Xerobull

Not sure other than it's the 'deluxe' version that comes with a 'blast' game add in which I don't need.

Same games on an emulator. The controls might be a slight bit different compared to what you remember because they aren't exactly the same make and model. Your 60 in 1 is the same thing too, just a dedicated board emulator with a JAMMA harness. (I have one too, in an old Arkanoid machine).

mikol13 likes this.
  12. Buck Turgidson

Why don't I have one of these things?

Xerobull likes this.
  13. mikol13

Supporting Member

Funny you mention Arkanoid. It’s the only game I’m really somewhat disappointed in on my machine. The original is much better and not nearly as difficult. It’s definitely made me better on the original though.

Appreciate all the info.

Xerobull likes this.
  14. Xerobull

With those 60-in-1s you can set the difficulty for Arkanoid. You can adjust lives, etc, on most of the games, too.

Manual link

mikol13 likes this.
  15. marky :)

marky :) Member

Please stop posting about this or I'm going to have to spend money when I don't need to lol. If you can add Golden Tee and use that ball, it's game over for me.

Xerobull, mikol13 and IBTL like this.
  16. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

Lol xerobull is like a drug dealer playing the long game here. getting that 35 - 55 demographic hooked

Im not a diy guy.
    I smell a business opportunity. If could keep the cost to end user in 250 -300 range you could sell these like hotcakes ( you would think) perhaps all the gear and usb and raspberry etc plus the 120 you mention to get cabinet ( what is total cost of parts in addition to the 120 and how much labor involved in building? I suppose this means there isnt much to work with. Certainly at 500 you can get people to buy too I think of a sweet spot for it being a real sale and thats under 400. Maybe you charge a delivery fee.
    good stuff take go ahead and take my money

Xerobull likes this.
  17. Xerobull

I am 97% sure you can on the Atgames Arcade Legends. I will take a look later.

Oh, I completely forgot. You can stream your Steam games from your PC to this thing over the local network. It's awesome

I built a 4-player pedestal arcade cabinet a few years ago and got similar comments. It's just too much work for too little profit for me. But you can find them on Facebook Marketplace.

Here's the one I built. I've made some changes since but it's essentially the same thing. Over 100k games.

[​IMG]

donkeypunch and IBTL like this.
  18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Outside of fighting games that wound up on console...Simpsons, Xmen, TMNT

I used to look for endings of those money wasting suckers on yt.

Haven't found a satisfying one yet.

Sucker kids...

Xerobull likes this.
  19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You lie sir!! It is Tournament Cyberball 2072.

:)

DD

Xerobull likes this.
  20. Xerobull

I tested the original Golden Tee, Golden Tee 2, Golden Tee 3D Golf (the first big hit), Golden Tee 97, 98, 99, 2k and 'Classic'. They all worked. There was a little audio stuttering but the gameplay seemed good and the trackball is pretty good too.