1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What would you guys think of trying to get Darius Miles after this year.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jevjnd, Jan 16, 2004.

Tags:
  1. MacBeth

MacBeth Member

What would you guys think of trying to get Darius Miles after this year?

Not much.

2. yipengzhao

yipengzhao Contributing Member

A) I was making the point that it's been a while since the league as seen a great small forward like Grant Hill or Scottie Pippen. I then responded to the suggestions of another poster, since he didn't post Marion I didn't respond about him. I didn't come up with all those names. Marion is a 20-10 guy, but would you say he's even comparable to a 1995 grant hill?

B) Antawn Jamison has great post moves and is a good rebounder. One glaring thing I don't like about him -- 1.7 APG career in 35 mpg. He gets on assist every 20 minutes. This has to be worth something against the "flow" which you talk about.

C) Rashard Lewis is a first option in Seattle, where he averages 19 ppg. How he would fair in the Houston system is something else. In my mind he's a good but not quite all-star player. Certainly he would make Houston a bit better, if not just in rebounding. But would a swap of him and JJ take us to the next level. You may think so I don't.

D) AK47 is a great player who has it all. Top 5 NBA in steals and blocks. Rebounds and hits the three. He would definitely make the Rockets better. Didn't put him on the list because the other guy didn't mention him and my post was mainly a response to his, and also, he treads the line between SF/PF a little. Hell if Garnett can be considered a pure SF he certainly belongs on here.

Good points by you though. Glad you are posting again.

3. Relativist

Relativist Contributing Member

Haven't seen much of Miller. It sounds like he doesn't have what it takes to be a go-to guy, but he's one of the few guys around who could qualify as a point forward.

I agree that a Grant Hill or even a poor man's Grant Hill type would be perfect with our backcourt.

4. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

I like to watch him play...for anyone but the Rockets. He's good for an awesome dunk every three games, but that's still just two points.

He's Eddie Griffin; supposedly full of talent, but holding out on showing it consistently.

5. alaskansnowman

I wouldn't mind signing Miles for the right price. I'm feeling a little ripped off from Eddie Griffin, so I feel like taking a gamble on another young, athletic freak of nature.

6. sabonis

sabonis Contributing Member

He really had his chance for a breakout year after being traded for Andre Miller... I really thought we'd see big things from him that season... but I saw nothing. Now his time is essentially over as the Cavs are full of potential players and he is coming off the bench. He really doesn't do anything well... his legacy thus far is the idiotic head-thump thing he did with Quentin Richardson.

Stuart

7. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

The question is, why not?

He's obviously not going to command much money at all. What could it hurt? As bad as he is, my money's on he's still better than Boki. Just because he's not an all-star or great role player doesn't mean we shouldn't give him a spot. All it would do is give us depth. Doesn't hurt us or help us, really.

8. a-rock

a-rock Member

Hell NO! ....darius miles is one of the most overrated baller.....

9. uac

uac Contributing Member

Yeah. sure. We should pursue every clips or ex-clips player. :rolleyes:

I still remember lots trade Lamar Odom threads.

10. H-Town Info

H-Town Info Member

i think the rocket need to go after carlos boozer.

the dude was 2nd round sleeper. play exceptional D, have a post presence and hit the mid-range shot. he is like cato and taylor put together but i think we need traded either taylor or cato for chance at boozer or use our trade exception to nab him

11. jevjnd

jevjnd Contributing Member

I only suggest it because he can be had for cheap, and you never know, I realize that he blew his first chance, but his contract is up in one year all that we have to do is bid for him this year. Just try, if we can't then it's fine. As for that ex-clips remark?...; what does that have to do with anything? Let's be constructive with our criticism, I like the points that alot of people make here, only constructive criticism please, I'm not one to go back and forth with flames.

12. haven

haven Member

The problem with your idea is that you only look at the potential up-side.

Could Darius Miles morph into the player that people thought he'd be? Sure. But it's not extremely likely.

More likely, is that the Rockets would add a redundant, me-first player to the team, who would perpetuate and worsen the bad team play on offense that already exists.

He could improve Houston. But he'd be more likely to actually hurt the team, and signing him would cost the chance to try to find a more useful player.

13. Dallas Rocket

Dallas Rocket Contributing Member

14. jshabang

jshabang Member

You guys can't be serious........

He leads the league in like 5 statistacal catergories

1) Least Handles........(Dribbling ability for all my slow learners)
    2)Lowest Basketball IQ
    3)Can't hit the ocean from the beach(No "J" or Jumper for all my slow learners)
    4)Least amount of "D" per 48 minutes(This cat is horrible on defense)
    5)Last but definately not least....he has the absolute ugliest signature after a big play or dunk......That tap on the head with both hands things has to be the worse.....even worse than that ugly ass shimmy that toine and............................
    a certain point guard we just signed does

Basically...............NO:D