1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What should US do about North Korea

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by aussie rocket, Apr 10, 2017.

?

What should Trump do next

1. Pull back and pull out completely to focus on Syria and other things

4 vote(s)
    10.3%
  2. Blast them pre-emptively

5 vote(s)
    12.8%
  3. Continue to closely monitor the situation without ordering the ships away

24 vote(s)
    61.5%
  4. other

6 vote(s)
    15.4%
  1. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Simple poll about what you think the next step should be in NK

2. edwardc

edwardc Member

Keep a eye on the but let japan and others in that area strike them if necessary .

3. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Sit back like a p***y and blame the last guy for the shitshow that it is.

edwardc likes this.
  4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Launch 59 Tomohawk missiles, warned them to get out, destroy maybe 10 army jeeps so that their base can fully function again the next day. Just stir up as many hornets nest as you can. Maybe send our war boat to Russia next.

5. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Well, freaking out because NK launches a SCUD that blows up (again) and sending carrier group to the region probably isn't the best idea.

6. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

Im guessing that both of yall will enlist if WW3 happens...but who am I kidding...

NK isnt doing ish...Its clear that Trump timed his meeting with China very carefully. Considering that China is now mobilizing 100k troops at the Korean border...Kim Jung will blink first. NK needs to stop her aggression.

7. dmoneybangbang

Can't do anything without China.

8. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

1. Blame Obama
    2. Blame Hillary
    3. Figure out a way to use the situation to raise poll numbers

edwardc likes this.
  9. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

I don't know if Trump would completely understand this premise though

10. dmoneybangbang

I think the Chinese leader made it clear and I think the Chinese, who value the status quo, don't want the US unilaterally disrupting the region in a major way. I think the Chinese realize NK is pushing things too far.

11. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

and yet the warships creep closer...

12. dmoneybangbang

Part of Trump's madman doctrine. Maybe it will work, maybe it will royally blow up (maybe literally).

13. WNBA

WNBA Member

What US should do: Stop the cold war mindset, stop the sanctions and let NK join the world.

What US will do: US will continue to fabricate, manufacture, inspire the NK threats to control Japan and S. Korea and prepare the final nuclear war near China.

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

You pegged me wrong for a chickenhawk. At this point, you should second guess yourself.

Where Tillerson zigs, Trump zags. The look on your befuddled faces when they try to pull off an Iran deal with the regional powers around NK, only for the trumpers to hail it as 4 dimensional chess.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

Unless Trump is willing to go all the way to regime change this will not make him look good.

16. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

you don't reward totalitarian countries who treat their citizens like dirt and threaten to nuke other countries. North Korea is evil, you don't give them a voice in the world. This type of mentality is why the UN is so ****ed up and worthless today. Until North Korea gets rid of its archaic and barbaric government then they should be marginalized.

edwardc likes this.
  17. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

And yet Trump praises the leadership of NK

18. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's not a cold war mindset that prevents the United States from having diplomatic relations with N. Korea. It's a humanitarian mindset. N. Korea malnourishes it's own citizens and takes aid shipments to feed it's million man plus army. If N. Korea wants the sanctions ended, they could take the appropriate actions and they would be ended.

No country with any kind of desire to help humanity would do anything to fund N. Korea.

cml750 likes this.
  19. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Yeah without China and Japan (I think Japan is mostly with us) I hesitate to do anything unless hit first.

Trump hated the Iran nuclear deal so I doubt he'll deal with them to lift sanctions if they halt their nuclear program, and let in UN inspectors. However it would be totally a ironic Trump move to do that though since he hasn't shut up about how bad the Iran Nuclear deal was.

The thing with North Korea, and even Russia, is that the state run media has created a narrative that most of the people believe with the US, and they will never be down for the US to come in and bomb their country and bring in troops. We wont be seen as liberators like we were mostly with Iraq. How do you save someone who doesn't want to be saved?

But them getting their hands on nukes will not be good for anyone and the US has to do something, but the fact that China wants very little to do with stopping them limits what the US can do without creating a S$%# storm. I think the US can win over China over time, and with concessions (like getting back into TPP) so I hope Trump takes a slow and steady approach to winning over allies before doing anything stupid.

20. aussie rocket

aussie rocket Member

Trump recent tweet

North Korea is looking for trouble. If China decides to help, that would be great. If not, we will solve the problem without them! U.S.A.

10:03 PM - 11 Apr 2017