1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What Kinda Stuff You Want?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Jeff, Aug 21, 2001.

1. WizzyWig

WizzyWig Member

I got one for you Jeff...How about a Moochie Norris antenna ball with the afro hair and everything. (kind of like those troll dolls)

-which brings me to my next idea...how about a moochie troll doll.

and if moochie doesn't get signed...
    then I think we could make antenna balls of Francis or even Mobley. (except it wouldn't be as cool without the afro)

2. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Cato Blanket Party Night

The first 10,000 visitors are given a towel imprinted with the Rockets Logo, as well as a bar of soap. At halftime, while Cato is standing at half-court, the lights will mysterously go out for exactly 4:30. As all of the arena security will be off doing something else (ahem...), the lucky 10,000 will be given a chance to express the love which all Rockets fans feel for Kelvin Cato, with total anonymity.

PLUS, one lucky Rockets fan will get chosen at random to fly to New York, and petition the NBA League Office for a salary cap medical exception, due to Mr. Cato's unfortunate 'accident'.

3. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

How about opportunities to get autographs? Something like the first 2000 fans get a random assortment of Mobley, Francis, Griffin, Moochie, Maurice, etc. autograph tickets? That would be my favorite.

4. coma

coma Contributing Member

I've been looking to buy one of these for a while now, so it'd be cool to have it given away.

- Rockets Windshield Shade

PS. Anyone know where I can buy one? :confused:

5. oeilpere

oeilpere Member

* "Blow Up" dolls. Everytime a rocket "blows up" on a Western Conference rival we get a coupon for a "Blow Up" doll to be redeemed by mail. Steve Francis goes 23pts, 11 rebounds and 18 assists. We get a Stevie Franchise Blow Up Doll. Catman goes 35 pts, gets 8 assists, and goes 5 for 5 from the trey. We get a Cuttino Blow Up Doll. When cato actually plays a game without complaining to the ref (must actually play on the court in at least one shift to qualify), then we get a "Cato is Alive" Blow Up Doll.

* "Win A (Something)". A basket contest by specators at halftime, during EVERY GAME. Cash, autographed balls, gear, free tickets, etc.... - or - Invite some underachieving Rockets to compete with the spectators. If they get beat head to head, the spectator takes their roster spot for one home game.

* "Dead Cowboy CD Night". When Hakeem visits with his Dino the Dinasaur uni, we pass out remastered tapes of Roy Rogers and Dale Evans singing "...... Happy Trails to you ..... til we meet again...". Or any game where Cato goes the cycle - 1 point, 1 assist, 1 rebound, 1 block, 1 steal, 1 complaint, 1 scowl, 1 technical, and 1 prat fall .... we give out Gene Autry's " .... (I'm) Back in the saddle Again ....." .

* Conversely, when it becomes obvious that Cato needs a little encouragement each night, we can give away batteries .... to uh ..... mmmmm .... give him some "energy" when he fails to keep his "spark" alive during the game.

6. davo

davo Contributing Member

They already have those - in fact I've caught two of them myself! They are these really cool beanie baby type clutch bears. I gave them to my duaghters.

Relativist
    They already do this - they have all sorts of novelty acts at half time, and a lot of them are school kids doing dances etc.

Jeff,

A simple request from me - go back to throwing out T-shirts TWICE a game. They reduced it once only last year

7. gettinbranded

gettinbranded Member

Voodoo dolls of the opposing teams players.

8. GranvilleWaders

How about Glen Rice Malibu Ken.. complete with quick change uniform Knicks/Lakers/Rockets and matching crazy wife Barbie..they could sell them at the souveneir stands for an undisclosed amount!:D

9. oeilpere

oeilpere Member

LOL Love it!

And maybe a Cato "Barbie" Doll?????

10. Chance

Chance Contributing Member

I would love it if they had a "Honor Rudy T and Calvin Murphy for Staying with his Team for his Entire Career as a Player, Scout, and Coach Regardless of what else was going on in or out of his Life through Thick and Thin Night." they should have this gala on, say, the first time the Raptors come to town.

11. grummett

grummett Contributing Member

Considering their offseason moves to date, posters of Yao Ming in a Rockets jersey would seem appropriate.

12. Ottomaton

Ottomaton Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I hope you're not refering to the type of blow-up doll found in the backs of... ahem... 'adult magazines'. That would be disturbing...
    Talk about an obssessed fan!:eek:

13. mr_gootan

mr_gootan Member

The choice of a big cardboard "D" or a big cardboard piece of fence.

I would really like a Rockets car air freshener, my car stinks.

I'd be happy with a Rockets logoed workout towel.

14. Stevierebel

Stevierebel Contributing Member

I don't think that someone is happy about the moves the Rockets made.

15. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

I don't think that someone is happy about the moves the Rockets made.

I think it's that same someone who said the Rockets would go 36-46 last year. :)

16. FLAGRANT1

FLAGRANT1 Member

17. finalsbound

finalsbound Contributing Member

LOL!

I love the "Cato goes the cycle" comment.

:D :D :D

18. ricerocket

ricerocket Member

Cato bobblehead dolls - that don't work

Uncle Ben's Rice night - free box

Kitty Litter Night for Cat

Three Stooges T Shirts for Mo Taylor Night

Free French Fries For Francis Night

19. WildArkieBoy

WildArkieBoy Member

"The Dream is Gone" T-shirts.

WildArkieBoy