1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What it means to be Anti-Woke

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by FranchiseBlade, Apr 25, 2024.

1. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Most liberals and those on the left don't talk about woke. They don't criticize people for not being woke enough.

Why is it that those on the right talk about Trans issues way more than those on the left?

Look at these boards. Most of the posts from anyone leaning left are in response to those from someone on the right. Look how many threads have been started about trans issues on these threads. They are entirely or almost entirely from the right. Most of the posts in them are from those on the right. That's saying something considering how many more left leaning posters there are on these boards.

Why are there so many more posts about trans and woke issues from right than the left? Why are they so much more concerned about it than those on the left?

If it weren't from the right-leaning posters there would be hardly discussion of it at all.

For most folks, it falls in line with Neal Brennan's comedy routine.

Yet the anger the issue inspires in the right wing is insane.

From what I can tell, being anti-woke means being angry, hateful, and obsessed.

Rashmon, Invisible Fan, Amiga and 2 others like this.
  2. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

Ask them to define "woke". They can't

Ubiquitin and FranchiseBlade like this.
  3. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I will repeat again that most of this is a distraction fueling outrage. I don't believe this to be a deliberate political conspiracy but it is a consequence of easy access to social media that is designed to get the most engagement. Outrage is one of the easiest things to get a reaction from people and showing a picture of a guy with a beard wearing a dress standing in front of a little girl is one of the easiest things to elicit outrage. Because of the amount and speed with which such images are disseminated a false sense that this is a widespread problem can be created.

Even if you hate and despise trans people actual trans people make up less than 1% of the population. The human race isn't going to die out because trans people are more visible and tolerated. The human race 7 billion and growing. There is no government conspiracy to force children to take hormones. There might be some parents who do but there are parents who also force little kids to wear makeup and get cosmetic surgery. The vast majority of parents don't think or act that way.

As we see constantly on this very subforum issues that really have very little bearing on a large majority of people's lives get magnified as though they are existential crisis.

4. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

Right-wing propaganda designed to focus people's attention on a simple, easily understood enemy instead of the corporatocracy

#4 Jugdish, Apr 25, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 25, 2024
  5. Reeko

Reeko Member

it’s so weird and pathetic to me

grown ass men crying about pronouns and people they never interact with…How many times in your real life have u had to bother with addressing someone as a different pronoun, and how did it cause u any sort of distress?

Trans people make up what percentage of the population?

I think about trans people as much as I think about the latest punk metal album…as in I don’t

these people are just online all day looking for something to be mad or triggered about

Rashmon, JayGoogle, Amiga and 3 others like this.
  6. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

I'll offer a possible right-wing rationale. The woke agenda has managed to get a foothold in the institutional loci of power. Federal agencies make woke regulations. Universities institute woke policies. Hollywood and the media are woke AF. Corporations are being bent toward wokeness probably by George Soros. So the last thing the woke agenda needs is for their adherents to talk about wokeness. Wokeness is silently winning. The anti-woke, though, realized they're losing ground and they are trying to sound the alarm. So they have to talk about it to as many people as possible as often as possible so that perhaps-unengaged Americans will learn that wokeness is infecting the world around them and they can rally to the defense of everything that is good and right and anti-woke.

Houstunna and FranchiseBlade like this.
  7. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

They're not looking for it--they're being force-fed it.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Some folx are defined by what they AREN'T more than what they ARE
    Their beliefs are formed to counter other beliefs and opinions
    they have nothing of their own . . . they could not live in a vacuum

They need something to press against. . . . .

What EXACTLY is their Platform?
    Most of it is super vague stuff like. . . .Anti Woke . .. Anti-Big Government

Rocket River

JuanValdez, Ubiquitin and Xopher like this.
  9. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I appreciate the attempted defense. But it seems like a case of "The world and society are changing, and I can't keep up, so I'm going to get angry about it."

That's not illegal and not even in the top 10 worst things in the world. But the being upset about it goes on and on with a zeal beyond the issue. That issue is worth an occasional grumble, but there is non-stop and obsessive outrage by it.

JayGoogle and Xopher like this.
  10. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

These people are the same ones or children of ones who said "What you want a black to drink from the same water fountain as me?!? Over my dead body".

Rocket River likes this.
  11. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It feels like attention seeking at this point. It’s an act where they’ll just post controversial **** and then put their phone on vibrate and shove it up their ass so they can savor the inevitable responses of why they’re wrong.

[​IMG]

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

As noted actual trans people make up 1% of the population. My ex-GF would like to describe herself as "queer" and on a few times wanted to be addressed as "they them". She certainly wouldn't consider taking hormones or getting surgery. She never seriously considered having sex with a woman (believe me I wouldn't have been against that. ;)). People saying they are "gender fluid" or any such terms doesn't make them trans anymore than if I say "Austin Butler is really good looking" makes me gay.
    Well that just makes you a hater. We're Here! We're PUNK! Get used to It!;):p

13. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

U triggered bro? It’s a free country!

99er strong.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

my apologies to the punk community lol

I’ll just never understand spending so much time. energy, and hate for the “other”

so many things going on in this country, and weirdos are obsessing over gay people or trans people…

ROCKSS likes this.
  15. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

LOL @ the circle jerk of leftists telling each other that their insanity is totally fine.

You guys support

- chopping off children's genitals or chemically castrating them
    - genocidal murderers like Hamas, disguised as "oh, we are 'pro-Palestine'"
    - defunding the police to create dystopian and lawless cities like the Tenderloin in San Francisco
    - import of Islamism through uncontrolled immigration
    - crass racial discrimination disguised as "diversity and inclusion" over promotion through merit

and so on and so on and so on.

And then you pat yourselves on the back for being virtuous - while promoting policies which literally destroy people's lives.

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

17. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

LMAO! Every single thing you have posted here is incorrect. There may be an extremely small minority who support some of these things, but they are statistically closer to zero when you poll the left. You ALWAYS paint people with the broadest brush possible. You "other" people. All people from Germany are Nazis. If they are part Korean they all support Kim Jong Un. All CEOs spend over half of their days on a basketball forum posting 12 hours of hate in-between travelling to Davos and the Maldives, while hobnobbing with Rihianna and titans of industry.

ROCKSS likes this.
  18. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Anti-woke people are afraid of change. They are stuck on the good-ole days. They can't let go of the past. They don't want change even if it's for the better. Woke people are in general, focused on making this a better world. They are demanding better tomorrow for them and future generations.

Xopher and ROCKSS like this.
  19. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

ATW....why do you paint people with such a broad brush and then present the most extreme topics........so let's tackle them

-hopping off children's genitals or chemically castrating them. Nope, I don't think any of this should be possible until you're an adult and can make your own choices. The % of this happening is so low but you spend so much time telling us it happening everywhere.
    - genocidal murderers like Hamas, disguised as "oh, we are 'pro-Palestine'".......Nope, Hamas needs to go but with Iranian backing they won't, but we need to try. There are good people in Palestine and some bad people who support Hamas, I just prefer Israel not kill innocent civilians, I can support Israel and at the same time hope that they don't keep killing innocent people. I get it..........
    - defunding the police to create dystopian and lawless cities like the Tenderloin in San Francisco........Nope, this is such a right-wing dog whistle, some idiot said the phrase years ago and everyone acts like everyone wants that. Do I think we should have mental health folks joining the ranks and in some cases they should be the first to respond. BY and large I think cops are decent but there are plenty of bad apples........PLENTY
    - import of Islamism through uncontrolled immigration........I am not 100% clear what you mean by this but of were talking about the southern border you should ask your local gop rep why they are not even putting the bi partisan immigration bill to a vote...we get your point, you don't seem to like their religion at all
    - crass racial discrimination disguised as "diversity and inclusion" over promotion through merit.......I have said many times there is a place for DEI but when it comes to hiring, I say let the best person win................to put this in context, part of DEI was based on the "good ole boy network" which still exists but some companies are better than others. I fine DEI works well from an HR perspective to ensure everyone has the same opportunities.

I think you're a good poster but man your fixated on trans folks and folks whose religion you don't like and then when someone challenges that you go all broad brush on people, I get it, it's the tribal mentality"

20. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

FranchiseBlade and Xopher like this.