1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is your favorite performance of a song you love?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by VanityHalfBlack, Apr 1, 2024.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

He handled everything perfectly. If you become an internet meme......embrace it. Have fun with it. Don't take it so seriously.

BTW, he's a pretty good drummer too. Nice solid pocket!

VanityHalfBlack and DFWRocket like this.
  2. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

3. boomboom

boomboom I GOT '99 PROBLEMS
    Supporting Member

Not really a performance...

4. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

VanityHalfBlack likes this.
  5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

The song "Freewill" by Rush is the epic live performance concert song. In fact, whenever I went to a Rush concert, if I did not see them perform this song...then I would be way disappointed. And, they did leave the song off the setlist from time-to-time.

The reason it's epic was the slow intro period into the guitar solo where it's Neil jamming up the drums and Geddy comes in with the high-powered bass line. Then, Alex starts in on these whammy divedown harmonics with flurries of notes on guitar that builds up like your climbing a mountain. Then, the guitar suddenly takes off at 100 mph where his fingers are power-housing through the notes feeling like you are just summiting the mountain. Then, the outro of the solo that transitions back into the latter half of the song is like starting the descent of the mountain in a state of bliss. If you don't want to hear the whole song and just this part, then start the clip at the 2:52 mark and follow through the outro of the solo back into the song. The whole guitar solo...all three guys are all solo-ing. It's not just the guitar.

This song always got the crowd into it and on their feet. It was always a highlight of the show. The precision in this song is unreal imo. Judge for yourself. Even if you hate the music, appreciate the musicianship. Here's an early performance from when it first came out.

6. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

7. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I was there. That performance took everyone by surprise I think. Beyond amazing. Cannot believe they were second on that bill.

Buck Turgidson and Xerobull like this.
  8. Buck Turgidson

Who was your favorite band that day?

9. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Say what you will about Korn, the crowd reaction to this song is still a sight to behold.

mikol13 likes this.
  10. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Ah man…I enjoyed everyone but I thought Ministry stole that show.

Ice Cube was damn good too.

Pearl Jam would have been second to me.

I still listen to everyone of those acts to this day. Jesus and Mary Chain and Lush are favs of mine. Soundgarden off of Badmotorfinger sounded great.

Red Hots were great but I was spent by then.

11. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

For the lols