1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is the best inner-loop coffee shop for studying?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by OldManBernie, Aug 24, 2007.

Tags:
  1. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

I just started night school, and I'm struggling to get work done at the library or at the coffee houses that I go to. I am wondering if you guys have any recommendations?

2. bladeage

bladeage Contributing Member

3. swilkins

swilkins Contributing Member

Aren't you too old to be learning new stuff.

4. kpsta

kpsta Contributing Member

Depends on the time you're going... some get so crowded/noisy that they're not really conducive to studying.

Although I get distracted easily, when I was trying to get work done and didn't want to be at home, I had moderate success at:

Brasil
    Taft Street Coffee
    Diedrich's (on Westheimer before it closed)

5. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

Empire Cafe isn't bad

6. OldManBernie

OldManBernie Old Fogey

Taft Street and Empire are nice, but they close too early. I get out of class at around 9:30. I need to find a place where I can get some work done for a couple of hours, so I need a place that is opens until at least midnight. For now, I sometimes go to Cafe Artiste to study, but they close at 11 pm.

Brasil, it gets too dark inside at night. It's a little hard to read in that environment.

I'm looking for a place that has decent lighting, socket for my laptop, wi-fi, and a place that is not too terribly loud. I do get some work done at home, but my bed is generally too enticing when I am studying late at night.

7. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

I used to love to go the BookStop on S. Shepherd to read. I don't even know if it's still around. I have no idea how long they were open for, though.

8. First Lady

First Lady Member

Maybe you can drive around some neighborhood until you find someone's internet you can steal and just study in your car. It would be uncomfy to fall asleep in your car.

9. wreck

wreck Contributing Member

Has anyone been to bohemios on on telephone and lockwood?

Also there is a coffee shop at lawndale and wayside, ive been wanting to check out those two.