1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is Kyle Lowry's Ceiling?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by saitou, May 4, 2009.

?

What Is KL's ceiling

1. Very good starting PG capable of making 1 or 2 allstar games

64 vote(s)
    12.3%
  2. Good starting PG, capable of making the first team on a contender

295 vote(s)
    56.6%
  3. Borderline starter/Good rotation player on most teams

162 vote(s)
    31.1%
  1. lyrix

lyrix Member

This is why i am frustrated with Adelman. Our genius GM did not trade away a starter PG to get a career back up, okay. He clearly indicated he wanted to Lowry to be the starter. Yet Adelman didn't get/follow the memo, for whatever personal interests he has.
    This makes Morey's job really difficult. It seems to be the common sense in this board that Lowry will be the starter next season, yet nobody knows for sure if he's capable of running a championship caliber team. Had Lowry been the starter for Rockets 10 games after the trade, we would have had the answer by now. Morey would have known if he needed to get another veteran PG this summer. And people on this board wouldn't have started random threads like "bibby anyone"... :D

2. Asian Sensation

Nothing is that cut and dry in business. NOTHING. We don't even know 100% if Yao will be the Rockets center.

3. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

I can somewhat agree with that. But It's not like Von Wafer jacks up 35 foot 3 pointers like J.R Smith does. The only thing that make sense that Lowry is a backup instead of a starter is that Landry, Hayes and Wafer are all finishers and not guys who can create on their own. Although Wafer is capable of doing it, Landry and Hayes are not capable of doing so. It makes sense, but we lose a lot in our starting lineup this way.

4. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

The problem is we cannot put Brooks on the bench right now because our bench lacks too much discipline. We NEED Lowry to come off the bench with our secondary unit to keep them in check and keep our offense from going out of control. Yao, Scola, and Battier knows what they are suppose to do. Artest generally does as well. Brooks can actually do OK in this environment because he does not need to make decisions; the real starters can make them for him.

5. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Yao is extremely profitable for Les. He WILL resign Yao no matter what the cost is... no ifs, ands, or buts...

6. Asian Sensation

It doesn't matter what you, me, the fans, or even Les wants. It's what Yao wants.

7. chenjy9

Supporting Member

Yao wants what is best for Yao. Come 2010 we are the only proven contender that can sign Yao... think about that. In 2010, teams are lottery teams hoping to cash in big on the 2010 sweepstakes or contenders who do not have enough cap to sign Yao...

8. Asian Sensation

I'd like to think you're right. But you don't know what 2010 is going to look like. Nobody does.

9. saitou

saitou J Only Fan

Agreed that he has similar type of intangibles as Kidd, but the big difference is in the tangibles like passing ability which makes all the difference for a PG. Kidd is also bigger, and an even better rebounder than Lowry.

10. Untraceable

Untraceable Member

Rotfl....friends dont let friend post drunk

11. madmaxu

madmaxu Member

The debate between KL and AB is a subjective one and is predicated upon what you believe to be easier to develop, PG instincts or a jump shot. I believe that a jump shot is easier to develop so I vote for KL. AB is a typical instant offense 6th man type of player, aka Bobby Jackson, Jason Terry, or Nate Robinson.

12. doublebogey

doublebogey Member

Lowry is obviously the better PG in the team and will be a starter next season. But I don't think the Rockets can contend a championship with Lowry/Brooks combo at 1. I expect Morey will upgrade 1 with a veteran.

13. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

I feel almost the exact the same way as I said earlier. Maybe It's just me, but I'd rather have Mike James than Aaron Brooks.... I know Aaron is young and has potential and all that. But we need some veteran leadership. Mike James is almost exactly like Aaron Brooks except Mike James is older, a better defender and has veteran leadership. This is probably not going to happen, but I was letting my thoughts out on the PG situation in the future.

14. leebigez

leebigez Contributing Member

I think he's earl watson. Good, heady guy that can run a team. Watson never gets beat out, the team is always looking to upgrade. Im in the boat that's like brooks more.

15. HombreDeHierro

hmmm no. Mike James is like 35, and washed up.

16. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

He's 33 to be correct, but he's not really washed up. The thing with him is that he cares more about individual achievement awards and money more than he cares about winning. I remember in 2004-2005 he was an absolute beast for the Rockets. Although he was a chucker, he had great intangibles.

However, another PG I would love to have over Aaron Brooks is Earl Watson as somebody mentioned. He's been miserable down in OKC/Seattle for a while now. They have been trying to trade him too, they just haven't been able to get a deal done.

17. Justified

Justified Member

but his shot is not so stable..

18. rockets_fanatic

You cannot run a Basketball team based on players feelings. I want a player who will get pissed off, and be determined to prove people wrong, rather than a player who would be upset.

19. WeMissDekeMan

WeMissDekeMan Rookie

What? If that were the case than nobody who plays high school or middle school ball would be cut from their basketball team because they would all feel bad. This is not a sissy league where feelings are more important than talent.

Lowry should be starting and I've been saying this since his debut as a Houston Rocket. Aaron Brooks has no business starting on the Rockets. Starting AB over Lowry is just like starting Eddie House over Rajon Rondo.

20. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

a starter in this league and that's it.