1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What do people think about Bitcoin?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Spooner, Jan 25, 2014.

?

What is the fate of Bitcoin?

1. Currency of the future

35.0%
  2. Passing Fad

65.0%
  1. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Wow I'm late to the party, haha

2. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

That would almost be impossible... It would give it over a trillion dollar market cap, 4 times higher than bitcoins current position.

3. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Or are you early?

TheMystery008 and CCity Zero like this.
  4. CCity Zero

CCity Zero Member

Haha, hopefully early :)

5. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

You realize value per share would go up? Not the actual shares? Right?

Unless being on CB, means a second ICO.

SIL

6. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

How do you calculate market cap?

Price per share x supply...right?

Your scenario points to a 1.2 trillion market cap within a short time... Unless you're talking years down the line.

7. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

i'm assuming they limit share quantity? What's out is what's out?

SIL

8. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Yeah if XRP gets on Coinbase, they can't keep all shares floating. They released too many, prematurely then.

SIL

9. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Anyone unable to buy on CB?

I usually don't buy on CB, but I want to make a short play so I bought some. I bought it awhile ago, it says completed, but it's not in my account

SIL

10. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Ethereum is breaking $700 guys. I'll be a mini whale if LTC breaks $420.

SIL

11. Major

Major Member

Going on Coinbase doesn't affect the number of shares available. It's not like Coinbase is selling them. From these last few posts, I'm not sure you understand how these prices work or how prices move. I'm not trying to be mean, but make sure you understand things like total market cap, how Ripple works, who owns the shares, how the escrow works, etc if you want to avoid making a mess of things.

12. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

I would assume if CB is going to host the CC, they'll buy in shares. If not, then ****, they should consider that. But if not, then we'll see where it goes. I

And I don't need to know that other stuff, I just know how to trade. Don't give a **** how Ripple actually works, whose the primary shareholder, etc. I just know how to work the coin itself.

No idea how LTC or BTC works, but have done plenty good off of them.

SIL

13. Fantasma Negro

Don't know if I should be mad or happy Kraken crashed and stopped me from dumping all my ripple right before it jumped to .39. Still can't trade on the piece of **** but now I can login and see that beautiful number

14. IBTL

IBTL Member
    Supporting Member

man I wonder how many fake wallets ganjarocket could buy with all that ganja?

Good job ganja. Props.

Just like the ice bucket challenge and beanie babies, I suppose I too will get in late after its all done. All my luck went to a hot wife and nice kids.

This vitalik guy is pretty intriguing. I like him ..he seems genuine good guy. I will put in a few hundred same way I play the irish lottery.

15. Major

Major Member

Ummm, no. Coinbase is an exchange. They match buyers and sellers - they don't own coins themselves.

Yikes. Sorry to say, but if you really believe this, this is not going to end well for you. Trading is easy when everything goes up. But when it doesn', you're going to be trading with a lot of people who do know this stuff. It's like intentionally thinking it's a good idea to trade a stock without knowing anything about the finances of a company.

Space Ghost, Yung-T and jbasket like this.
  16. The Real Shady

The Real Shady Contributing Member

LTC going down.

17. moestavern19

moestavern19 Member

Correction has started.

18. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

You're talking to a trader for a top major here. I'm confident I know how to trade paper. I'm literally the youngest trader this major has ever hired and in four years moved to a senior level. Not that, that means I'll do well just that I've proven I can trade. I'm also finalizing an offer to join a private hedge fund trading in my industry( I hope, offer extended just some back and forth and this time of year sucks). Like I said before, the more I know the worse I do. It's mostly noise. I'll stick to wide bid ask , and risk what I can lose in this space.

I thought CB was more than just a broker. But I guess that's all they are. I rarely use them.

Also, IOTA is coming to Bittrex guys.

SIL

19. SirIvyLeague

SirIvyLeague Member

Let's see what shakes. This thing can move so much, so quick. Placing my nightly stops and my phone alerts.

SIL

20. Yung-T

Yung-T Member

He's mostly right though, especially after seeing your comments show that you didn't know how market cap and its price significance works in crypto.

This has a huge influence on price calculation and potential, so I bet your xrp price calculation for example would have been terribly off prior to this info and you would've been much better off with other coins short-term and midterm wise.

There's also an abundance of scam coins with no potential (even many of the top ones), so you'll blindly invest in some without knowing this and significantly lower your outcome.

You should really educate yourself more on on crypto, this is much different than traditional stocks. Being overconfident because of accolades in a different market can be dangerous.