1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What can Titans pay for Drew Henson?

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by giddyup, Apr 29, 2003.

1. giddyup

giddyup Contributing Member

I'd love for the Titans to acquire Henson as their quarterback of the future. What would the Texans want to do the deal?

2. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

Bruce Matthews. He may still be better than what the Texans will be playing at tackle.

3. coma

coma Contributing Member

I don't think so. Matthews would be a serviceable guard coming into rotation at best.

4. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

how about the titan's second and third round choices next year?

5. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I was just kidding. He's retired, or maybe you knew that.

6. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

He would have to be definitive on whether he wants to play football. From what I hear, he's still pretty enamored with playing baseball and he would have to give a bunch of money back to the Yankees.

7. coma

coma Contributing Member

I did know that. I was assuming you did as well.

8. PhiSlammaJamma

I think Tennessee got the biggest names in the draft.

9. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

I think Woolfolk can start right now over Andre Dyson. I hope he does. Woolfolk and Rolle can be a nice combo. And if Chris Brown is decent, they are going to be able to hammer teams again with the George Brown combination.

10. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

hey..that's where i'd start the negotiations if i was the texans! :)

11. PhiSlammaJamma

The Titans do need to start looking to the future a little. We have some great "young" players in Kearse and Bulluck already. So we can keep this train rolling if we start developing some offensive kids right now.

12. Timing

Timing Member

I don't think we'd want to trade Henson within the division unless we're positive he's not going to play. :)

13. giddyup

I'm afriad this will be a problem, too. Too bad.

14. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Why would Titans want Drew w/Steve McNair entrenched?

Wouldn't Green Bay be the single most logical destination for the former Michigan QB? Favre is aging, Henson has been away from FB. DH will never be an MLB DH so GB QB seems right.

15. giddyup

Because McNair's body is old for his age and they only have Neil O'Donnell (maybe) and Billy Volek (a 3 year FA) on the roster.

Yeah, GB needs him too (and a dozen other teams ... at least) but I like the Titans!

16. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

Henson for Mason and a first rounder.

17. giddyup

Done.... if Henson is signable. Somehow that has to be figured out or you have to wait under after the next Super Bowl.

18. PhiSlammaJamma

I wouldn't do that, Mason has been great for us. He's the first Wide Receive that McNair has been able to trust. Other than Wychek of course. I would have liked to see us take Simms or Grossman if we didn't need so much help otherwise. I think O'Donnell has run his course. He looked terrible against Pittsburgh in the playoffs. We definately need to get someone else some experience in there. Did Ken Dorsey get drafted? He would be a great fit as well.

19. giddyup

Titans signed the Wash State quarterback-- Jason Gesser (?) -- who tied Carson Palmer for top offensive performer in the PAC-10.

So now we have OldDonnell and Volek and Gesser. Yeah Henson would be a rook but they say that he would have been the Texans pick before Carr if he hadn't gone baseball.

So while I would miss Mason and a #1 pick, you still do the deal when you have a chance to get a franchise quarterback. Health Shuler anyone? :D

20. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Are you not afraid of sending the fragile ego'd McN a bad message by going for DH? I frankly don't give a care about the carpetbagging Bud's fellows...pfooey to them.