1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What can the Rockets do to improve?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by R0ckets03, Jan 25, 2001.

1. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I was at the Philly game and I noticed the Rockets only need some minor tinkering to win some games.

First and foremost Mobley has simply got to realize that there are four more guys on his team. This guy just jacks it up everytime he gets the ball. I wish he would slash more, but he keeps on settling for his freakin fade away jumpers. As soon as Mobes decides to get everyone involved this team can start doing some serious damage. He holds on to the ball too long and passes at the last possible moment. Teams focus in on Mobes because they know that he is probably not going to pass. If he starts passing the lanes would open up for his ass.

2. Larry Smith simply has to teach the Rockets how to block out. Almost every game the offensive rebounding by the other team kills us. We got more off reb then Philly today, but they got em when it counted the most.

3. We need to get back Cato as soon as we can. Philly and most every other team starts slashing like mad men when they know we dont have a shot blocker in the game. Hakeem can only provide so many minutes. A combination of Hakeem and Cato would make a defense much much better. In the Philly game today they would drive in everytime Hakeem wasnt in the game. But as soon as he would come in they werent able to cruise in the lane.

4. Is it just me or is Mobes the biggest cry baby in the world! You cant see it on TV as much. But in real life you can see this guy arguing after every single freakin play. EVERY FREAKIN PLAY! Even if the call is in our favor he will find something to argue about. This probably turns the refs against us. All the b****in by Mobes aint helping us get many calls late in the game. Its time for his dumb ass to shut up and start playing like he is suppose to.

------------------
    SUCK POLICE!!!!!!

To point out individuals or teams that have managed to reach the pinnacle of SUCKINESS!!!!!
    -----
    Cuttinos' BALL HOGGING, BRICK THROWING, JUMP SHOOTING, NO SLASHING style SUCKS!

2. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Grab at least one defensive rebound in overtime.

This is the second freaking overtime in a row with no rebound!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

F!CK

3. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

I couldn't believe he didn't get a technical when he fell down on the ground after getting called for a foul.

------------------
    "He was under more balls than a midget hooker."-Bobby Hill

visit www.swirve.com, coming January 20th, the top 10 films of 2000!

and, http://www.geocities.com/clutch34_2000 for great Rocket insight by some of your fellow BBS posters!

4. R0ckets03

Heypee do u agree that Mobes might be the biggest whiner in the league? People might think that it is a small problem, but in live u can see that his constant whinning irritates the hell out of the refs. And irritated refs arent going to help out our players much.

------------------
    SUCK POLICE!!!!!!

To point out individuals or teams that have managed to reach the pinnacle of SUCKINESS!!!!!
    -----

5. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

It's called working the refs; and from my experience watching sports its a technique that often works unless you complain too much and get too serious, and when I watch Mobley he never has. Working the refs is a part of sports, and it is a role of the leader of the team. And at least verbally, Cuttino is our leader on the floor.

------------------
    "We're not settling for just getting in the playoffs." "We want a higher seed. There's no doubt. We expect to get in."-- Steve Francis

President of the Mo Taylor and Jason Collier fan club!

Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

6. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

Stop defending Mobley, Cat. That whining does annoy refs. It also annoys me when I am trying to enjoy a game. He whines so loud, I can always hear it on TV.

------------------
    "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning how to put food on their family while being put to death."

7. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

So I take it you're a ref and know this?

Oh and by the way Cuttino, if you are reading this, please stop talking on the court-- you are annoying ZRB while he tries to watch a game on TV. [​IMG]

------------------
    "We're not settling for just getting in the playoffs." "We want a higher seed. There's no doubt. We expect to get in."-- Steve Francis

President of the Mo Taylor and Jason Collier fan club!
    Teams win and lose games, not individuals.

Draftsource.net
    ClutchTown.com

8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Cat,

I am a referee and it is VERY annoying.

DaDakota

------------------
    If Mankind evolved from monkeys and apes, then why are there still monkeys and apes?

9. ROCKETBOOSTER

ROCKETBOOSTER Member

Rocets03, I've noticed that too. I didn't say anything about this before because Mobley is under fire enough as it is.

Mobley is constantly complaing to the refs after every single posession. Whether it's a failure or success, it doesnt matter, the cat will b**** like a dog -- looking like a yelping poodle at times. These are mostly individual complaints, not team gripes that I see and that is what really disturbs me. Rudy T. needs to meet this issue with Mobley half way because its IMO screwing up Cuttinos focus.

------------------

10. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

The Cat, his b****ing is in no way an attempt to work the refs.On the other hand, Allen Iverson WAS working the refs yesterday, smoothly talking to them after timeouts in a low tone . I really dont know what Cat's thinking, because he b****es like he's one of the 50 greatest of all time, when in reality most people here know he is a good player who isnt known that well nationally. He's a 3rd year player, and the kind of whining and complaining he does is embarassing as a fan of the team. WHY did he fall on the ground after he fouled McKie? I dont care if he was frustrated with himself, that just makes the refs think he is showing them up. If Cuttino misses a shot, it musta been a foul. If Cuttino misses a layup, musta been a foul. At least thats what he thinks. When your sittin courtside at the game, and get to see his b****fest from start to end, you will appreciate what I'm saying.All players complain in this league, but I can not name one who does more than Cat. If Cuttino stopped b****ing so much, I GURANTEE alot of people on this BBS wouldnt be complaining about the officiating, because the rockets would be getting more calls.------------------

[This message has been edited by tacoma park legend (edited January 25, 2001).]

11. heypartner

I agree; I try to ignore it. Rasheed is pretty bad. Drexler apparently whined in a manner that the refs hated but the fans didn't see. I think Drexler insulted them. I doubt Mobley is insulting.

To say that he is "Showing up the refs" is overstated, imo. The fans don't get on the refs for not calling fouls on Mobley, so he is not really showing them up. When Francis bops around in circles, that gets us booing the refs. But I can't remember many times we boo about a bad call on Mobley. We don't really care too much.

It is silly and stupid, but I think it is overstated to say the refs are effected by it.

12. tacoma park legend

tacoma park legend Contributing Member

maybe he's not showing them up, but TRUST me I sit very close to the court and it definitely pisses them off when all you hear is cat's voice in your ear all night long.And it's not only the fact that he complains, all players do, but he b****es and complains while playing defense on the other end.

------------------

13. R0ckets03

I know what working the refs is Cat. I'm not being rude, but how many games have u been to this year? I'm there almost every game and Cuttino just wont shut up. On offense, on defense, even when the call is in his favor. He just wont stop b****ing. The refs have to get at least a tad bit irritated by the constant whinning.

------------------
    SUCK POLICE!!!!!!

-----

14. heypartner

yep...now that really bothers me. if he wants to speak, he should say it, and then drop it and move on.

so do you have great seats, or do you move down a lot?

15. DEANBCURTIS

DEANBCURTIS Member

Sign Pig.

------------------
    Ceo of the Walt Williams fan club. Web site coming soon

atheistalliance.org

16. Behad

Behad Contributing Member

Boy, somebody is out in left field! [​IMG]

------------------
    Behad
    Sergeant at Arms of the Clutch BBS

Asking the question: What is more dangerous, an AK-47 or a scooter?

17. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

The Rockets really need a Barkley type player to put Mobley in his place.

------------------
    "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning how to put food on their family while being put to death."

18. heypartner

You see ZRB; Francis is stunting the growth of Mobley. We need Barkley, not Francis. Francis can't herd cats.

19. R0ckets03

Does anyone else get the feeling that Heypee, The Cat and ZRB would get into a fist fite if they ever met each other? [​IMG]

------------------
    SUCK POLICE!!!!!!

-----

20. ZRB

ZRB Contributing Member

They would start it. I have always been a nonviolent person. Still, Cuttino does some pretty enraging things...

------------------