1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What about Beijing?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rua2006, Feb 26, 2008.

Tags:
  1. midnight

midnight Member

100% Guarantee they will rush him back to for the Olympics, the CNT w/o yao can't even beat a WNBA team

2. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

screw Bejing. (nothing against people of Beijing)

3. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

There's no doubt in my mind that Yao will play in the Olympic Games. He'll be compelled by duty and honor to play. It's a big deal for Yao.

As a Rockets fan, I could pretty much not care less about China's national team and I don't want him to play. But I didn't want him to break his ****ing foot either, and that happened anyway. It's out of fans' control and there's nothing to do but accept it and hope for the best.

4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It could have contributed to the problem but stress fractures occur with repeated minor trauma.

5. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

The thing is that the Rockets organization KNEW about the CNT committments before drafting Yao.

So, I would not worry about it, and hope for the best....hey it could have been worse, we could have drafted Jay Williams.

DD

6. hooroo

hooroo Member

6 months, he'll be fine.

They just need to give him zometa every 12 months. It's a new treatment since last year for geriatrics to prevent hip fractures but it helps recovery from fractures all over the body too.

7. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

No way,this is how we got here.
    He's been an incredible ambassador for a nation,but Yao is an employee of the Houston Rockets.The Chinese govt. is more than willing to run him into the ground,but no.Stress fractures are more prevalent when your 7'6" and hooping year round.It would be beyond irresponsible.I posted a long time ago about this and it's coming to fruition.Now,you people want to see a mistake compounded,unbeliebvable.The Olympics will be a grand success without Yao Ming.

Like I said,he's been a great ambassador.So much has been asked of him.The guy has so much character,integrity,and a sly sense of humor and has already lived up to what any normal person should times 10.

But enough is enough.

8. DaDakota

Yes, but something starts the trauma, for instance if Yi smushed his foot causing a small fracture and Yao continues to play.......it gets worse, but without that OAF ....YI....stepping on his foot....there would be no fracture to begin with....

DOWN WITH YI !!!

DD

9. DreamWeaver

DreamWeaver Member

Beijing is exactly what the doctor ordered. yeah, Yao. Bang on your newly healed foot in August and you might as well kiss your NBA career goodbye.

10. Seth

Seth Member

Maybe you want to instruct yourself before posting.

Basketball is important in China the CBA is one of the national televised sports there.

As for the Olympics BBall is an Olympic sport since about 70 years so it´s no new to me.

11. emjohn

emjohn Contributing Member

Chinese nationals probably blame the long NBA season as much as we're blaming the National team obligations for these chronic injuries.

I fully expect them to press him to play this summer, which will worsen his foot issues.

Super.

Evan

12. DaDakota

It is YI's fault.....he did it.......

The CNT needs to kick Yi off the team...

DD

13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Alright man we get it,
    How many Yi posts are you going to have?
    Because that seems like 5 consecutive saying the exact same thing.....

14. DaDakota

Just warming up...but in all seriousness....I think Yi stepped on his right foot.....which caused Yao to overcompensate and get a stress fracture on his left foot.

It is all on Yi !

DD

#34 DaDakota, Feb 26, 2008
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2008
  15. macfan

macfan Contributing Member

Basketball may be important to China, but it's not important to the Olympics as far as tradition and legacy

16. ivanyy2000

ivanyy2000 Contributing Member

I agree with this post.

Yao should play in Olympics in Beijing. It is too important for every Chinese athletes to compete in Olympics at their home. It is a lifetime opportunity.

But after that, he should seriously consider to retire or semi-retire from CNT. He serviced long enough and, let's face it, CNT sucks with or without Yao. No. 8 in the world at best. They are not getting any metals with Yao anyway.

17. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The NBA owns all basketball Tradition and Legacy.
    As long as it is around, the NBA is the league that defines who you are as a basketball pro, all other "leagues" are secondary.
    Hopefully this will be the last one he plays in, if he does play....

18. Blake

Blake Contributing Member

IF he's healthy, as in 100% healthy, then I am all for him representing his country. I know it means a lot to China and to Yao to play for their team.

However, personally, I think the fact that he is expected to play year round every year is ridiculous and is one of the main reasons why he is hurt now.

I can respect the fact that he is expected to represent China, but only a fool thinks that a player, any player, can play all year every year and not end up being injury-prone.

The Rockets pay him millions of dollars to play for them, and if he is still hurt, sorry, but he should rest and heal. Besides, China isn't winning anything anyway (basketballwise)