1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Westbrook Is a clear upgrade over CP3

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by astros123, Jul 11, 2019.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He can create seperation against defenders while Chris Paul is a 5'10" guard who struggles to create seperation against 7 ft big men.

biff17 and DrNuegebauer like this.
  2. Riz

Riz Contributing Member

Honesty, 3 years $124 million....yeah I'll take the money, thank you very much.

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol what? you're not worried about his 3 pt shooting on a team that shoots the most 3s. A ball dominant pg. thats really odd. the rockets play with the slowest pace in the league.

gumbleton3 likes this.
  4. icewill36

icewill36 Member

you guys are focusing too much on his shooting... this guy PUSHES THE PACE. stagnation has been a huge problem for this team and a reason why we end up jacking up so many bad shots. he can help us get more layups and wide open 3s for the the players that ARE good shooters, which we have more of than the thunder did.

TAB, everyday eddie, jcmoon and 2 others like this.
  5. donkeypunch

donkeypunch Contributing Member

And I ain't mad atcha.

Riz likes this.
  6. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

I really wish Westbrook could shoot a basketball. That would make me feel a lot better about this deal.

AroundTheWorld, PDXPal and noppeper like this.
  7. jerryclark

jerryclark Member

Whiners keep whining

#runitback !!

8. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

Title us!

I LOVE MOREY!

9. BleedRocketsRed

BleedRocketsRed Contributing Member

This is exactly like that offseason we added CP3.

Remember that 65 win team from 2 seasons ago? The one that was a CP3 hamstring away from title? We're better now than we were then.

htownrox1 likes this.
  10. PhiSlamma15

PhiSlamma15 Member

Well...what's the Guiness book of world record for the fastest "fast breaks" in the NBA

11. YOLO

YOLO Member

not sure that matters much when he's incredibly inefficient and makes really poor decisions

12. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

OKC will flip him. They’re in full rebuild mode.

13. beardsanity713

An MVP All NBA All star guard in his prime is a massive upgrade over an aging Chris Paul..
    What has Chris Paul ever won?? It's all shoulda woulda coulda with him..Not an MVP never been to the finals is very injury prone especially at his age & has had lockeroom problems at every place he's played ...WB has his shortcomings but playing alongside his best friend since childhood should definitely motivate him to play better plus like others have mentioned he actually wanted to be here...

everyday eddie likes this.
  14. Severe Rockets Fan

Severe Rockets Fan Takin it one stage at a time...

Nah, this screams of, “damn we couldn’t figure out a way to get anything we really wanted this offseason so I guess we got to get something or fans will be pissed.” We got worse...but at least Harden is happy? I dunno but this sucks. Westbrook will make this team worse...

Gray_Jay likes this.
  15. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

YOU HAVE NO ARGUMENT FROM ME!

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

if he concentrates on pushing the pace and attacking the basket he will be a upgrade over current CP3. He's a far better finisher and he can relentlessly attack the basket.

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Wherever Chris Paul goes, he will make that team better. There will always be that Year 1 bump, with him.

18. YOLO

YOLO Member

pushing the pace for what? the rockets have the slowest pace in the league and one of the worst fastbreak teams in the league as illustrated over and over lol

one of his big negatives is he plays out of control and tries to take on multiple defenders which leads to his bad decisions and horrible efficiency

19. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

The only way he can be an upgrade for this team this year is if we change the system. WB is a poor 3pt shooter, poor FT shooter, and poor iso player at .76 ppp in iso compared to hardens 1.11

The entire offense is predicated on those three aspects. WB can be more effective but the offense has to change.

20. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Will Harden run with him? I’m really interested to see how Harden adjusts his game to accommodate Westbrook.

Gray_Jay likes this.