1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

We're playing the greatest team in NBA history

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, May 20, 2018.

1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Look, we all said this before the series started. To beat the Warriors, the Rockets would have to play great. And 3 games into this series, they've played poorly twice and lost by double figures twice. No surprise there.

Hell, in a way I'm almost encouraged. Harden and CP3 actually had somewhat average performances(by their standards) in Game 2 and the Rockets still demolished the Warriors. So they don't even have to play their best ball in order to win. But they have to play really well and certainly must be engaged for all 48 minutes.

lw17 and topfive like this.
  2. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Magic certainly was the scorer Curry was, when he needed to be, and he was 3 times the defender and 3 times the playmaker. He could have EASILY averaged 30 a night If his team needed him to, and there are countless examples of him doing that. His post game was that special. How quickly we forget. Dude could start at C as a rookie and get you 40-15 in a championship game.

Disappearing act Stephen Curry isn't remotely close. Sorry.

Also, KD can't hang with a 32-33-34 year old Kareem, arguably the GOAT.

And that Lakers supporting cast was just silly. Norm and Jamaal back there with Magic and Coop? Are you kidding me? For the time, the Lakers were every bit as dominant, as seen by their 5 rings in the midst of an equally silly Celtics team, (And the Sixers).

csj, lw17, Jake Tower and 1 other person like this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This is not possible because we can't send this team back to play Dream, Clyde, Horry, Mario, Sam, and Kenny

And why would we want that to happen? I like this team, I don't want to see Dream being guarded by PJ Tucker.

Yeah Harden will blow by Kenny Smith, but Dream and Horry are shot blockers and Dream is the best of all time.

And in 1995, don't ever give the MVP trophy away in front of Dream.

lw17 and Jake Tower like this.
  4. chinesemamba

chinesemamba Member

It is very unfortunate that we are playing the "patriots" of basketball. They are the new dynasty and I HATE myself for saying that, but they are on top of their game right now with 4 all star in their prime.

lw17 likes this.
  5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Magic never was a big time scorer - I am not sure if he even put up more than 20 ppg. He was an amazing passer and had a gift for it. He wasn't a great three point shooter at all. He was a big big guard.

And while Kareem and Magic were great and we can argue about their two mvp's versus GS....the warriors rest of their is far superior to the Lakers. Klay Thompson is better than Worthy. Green is better than the lakers 4th star. And that doesn't even consider Iguodala who was a finals MVP.

Ironically, the Lakers lost to the upstart Rockets in 86.

6. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

That is absurdly, embarrassingly false. o_O

Yikes.

csj and lw17 like this.
  7. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

You clearly didn't look up the stats.

8. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

It's not about the stats. It's about watching Magic. To say that Magic wasn't a high level scorer blows my mind. The dude could have put up filthy scoring stats If he wanted to. No question.

lw17 likes this.
  9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Supporting Member

I grew up watching Magic play. His gifts were his court vision which helped him get good shots. He wasn't a great jump shooter. The guy didn't break 20 ppg most seasons. To call him an elite scorer is just strange. That wasn't his game. It was passing.

10. tinman

Supporting Member

Would Ariza help to double Dream in the low post , that leaves Robert Horry open for the 3, which he always hits in Clutch situations

I can't see us beating them

Jake Tower likes this.
  11. Boney Garcia

Boney Garcia Member

Were the cavs better then GS in 2016 ? Don't worry ,the NBA likes making money,we just got to win game 7 at Home

lw17 likes this.
  12. Louka

Louka Contributing Member

What's wrong with you today, breh? You're spitting some real crap lol. The Dream team was the '92 Olympics squad last I checked.

No point in arguing this today, but you WILL be wrong. :p

lw17 likes this.
  13. Louka

and rebounding... and everything else....

14. tinman

Supporting Member

Thanks for reminding us of the Greatest Team of all time
    That playoffs have all time greats

like Michael Jordan, Shaq, Barkley, Malone , David Robinson

And the best team was Clutch City which is the greatest team in the entire universe

15. Louka

The best Warrior team of all time had Baron Davis

lw17 likes this.
  16. tinman

Supporting Member

Nah
    Sprewell that year he choked his coach

lw17 likes this.
  17. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

GSW would gladly trade Magic post ups and Kareem sky hooks for wide open 3s all day long.

DCkid likes this.
  18. Louka

FREAK!

19. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

He was averaging 20 on 52% shooting with the all-time greatest scorer ever on his team, to go with Normy and Jamaal and Worthy.

He could have easily, easily, averaged 30 If he wanted to do it. Magic played to what the team needed. Need buckets? He will get you buckets. He proved that time and time again. Kareem goes out, Magic is getting you 40. That's a fact.

Who needs to be a great jump shooter to be a great scorer, btw? Especially in those days. His quick first step, size and coordination with both hands was more than enough to get all kinds of buckets. Not only that, he had a DEVASTATING post game.

csj, lw17, Jake Tower and 1 other person like this.
  20. RudyTBag

Supporting Member

Wide open?

You got Draymond on Kareem?
    Curry on Magic?

I'll gladly take that trade.